Headlight problem & Power steering noise - 08TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009 | 11:27 AM
Instructor

Headlight problem & Power steering noise - 08TL-S

Hey guys,

1st - Its been a year since i installed my aftermarket 6000K headlights on my TL and lately i have been experiencing a recurrent problem. What happens is sometimes after going over a bump or even after the light has been running normally, it (the right side headlight bulb) will suddenly begin to noticeably flicker and eventually die out. After turning off and turning back on the headlights it will come on. At this point sometimes it will stay running and sometimes the problem commences once again. Is this a dead bulb problem or a loose connection issue?

2nd - I have been dropped(1.5 inch) for over a year now on tein basics. For almost four months now i have been experiencing a very audible moan as i turn the steering wheel. I am sitting on 19' chrome ron jons and i do understand that the more heavier wheels the more pressure exerted on the powersteering system however i have never had this problem on my 06 TL running the same wheels and drop. So far no problem, except the very audible sound...After checking the PS fluid level and seeing it is normal, no visible leaks anywhere... should i be worried? I want to bring it in to the dealer once my stockies are back on, however i may have a problem with warranty and coilovers, if it is the power steering pump...Any advice? **** Just read the O-ring thread should i still bring it into the dealer to have it fixed as it still under warranty?

Thanks AZ Team!

Last edited by road_boy; 10-19-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2009 | 11:59 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

I'd check the inverter & ballast connection & make sure everything is properly in place. Sounds more like an issue with the connection or inverter than the bulb.

Could be the inlet PS o-ring if the moan is in cold temps (< 70F / 20C) then goes away when it warms up. Since you're under warranty I would definitely take it in on both issues.