Having A Hard Time With New Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Having A Hard Time With New Alarm

I'm having a problem with my aftermarket alarm. I just bought a Clifford Concept 600 G4 alarm with the anti-code jacking and the installer can install the anti-code jacking device. Also they are having a problem with disconnecting the stock alarm. Can anybody help me with this? Has anybody had a Clifford installed in a TL. Now I wish I never had them install an alarm in my car. It's pretty funny they told me this guy is the best installer they have ( yeah right ). Is it true that the car is to new and that they don't have any info and the car. Can anybody tell me if I should have them take it out and go to another place? Thanks for all your help.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:12 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by J-roc
I'm having a problem with my aftermarket alarm. I just bought a Clifford Concept 600 G4 alarm with the anti-code jacking and the installer can install the anti-code jacking device. Also they are having a problem with disconnecting the stock alarm. Can anybody help me with this? Has anybody had a Clifford installed in a TL. Now I wish I never had them install an alarm in my car. It's pretty funny they told me this guy is the best installer they have ( yeah right ). Is it true that the car is to new and that they don't have any info and the car. Can anybody tell me if I should have them take it out and go to another place? Thanks for all your help.

Sorry, I think you need someone that has installed an alarm on a car that already has one builtin or at least PDL's, like an older Legend. There is a trick to getting them to work together and you don't want them practicing on your car. This is something where you need a few references and a good shop. Otherwise, you end up with the alarms fighting with each other, whats yours doing?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The alarm has a code that you type in everytime the car door opens. They can't seem to get it to work. How many people have aftermarket alarms and what kind are they?