This is getting ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is getting ridiculous

I am so sick and tired of the complaining.

We took a vote earlier this month and more than SEVENTY percent of the people asked for a forum for people to go with "issues". Which should CLEARLY state to the admins and monitors that something is seriously wrong with the way issues are being addressed right now.

And the situation could be cleared up quickly and easily with the addition of a sub-forum. The reason for this is multi-fold and clear as day.

#1 - It would allow a single source for people to go to find information regarding their troubles.

#2 - With a few good stickies, they wouldn't have to keep posting the same issues over and over and over and over again. How many HUNDRED do we have now on rattles alone? Instead of ONE location to talk about it, people litter up the general forum constantly.

Since that is not the way it works right now, we are all being subjected to an overabundance of negativity about a car that in all honesty save for a few 1st year model build issues is one of the best on the road. All we see are people bitching about issues, and people bitching about people bitching about issues.

While that's not right. People with issues SHOULD have a place to go vent. And regulars should not be forced to read thread after thread of the same thing, when a little effort would cure this whole situation. This wouldn't be a big deal if some of the folks here would actually SEARCH for a similar thread to post on, but since that won't happen things need to change. A sub-forum is the obvious answer.

I realize that half of you don't know who I am and the other half don't care. And that is why if things don't change, I'm gone. Because that would mean you guys prefer things the way they are and the majority will rule. I'll just go elsewhere, I'm no better than any of you.

But for me to stick around, things need to change, and change fast. The decline this forum has undergone in the past two months has been drastic. And frankly, it sucks.

Cheers all!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
why not just avoid those threads Nobody is MAKING you read them. This is another complaining thread btw
Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Considering they make up 80% of the forum, avoiding them is easier said than done.

And yes it's another complaint thread. My final one. Either this place changes or I will take myself out of here. No need for the rest of you to be subjected to my disappointment in this place.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
meh. for most people this is a place where they come to vent since acura wont listen. best of luck on your request.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
meh. for most people this is a place where they come to vent since acura wont listen. best of luck on your request.

besides, if people posted their problems in a sub-forum, there would be nothing in the main section. think about it, the majority of people who go to forums are posting problems and looking for solutions.

as far as your rattle example, i agree, there are a million threads regarding this; however, there are different rattles all over the place. we can't have one thread with rattles, nobody would find any information in there.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Banned

I concur, subforum needed. There have been at least 2 people that have posted to say they were turned away from the TL solely because of this site and the negativity, we lost them to the dark side, Infiniti.

The truth is there are problems in cars, but most of these complaints are so menial that they are worthless. (Nearly) They flood the board, and it's clear with all the negative posts on a daily basis.

Help us.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Steel
I concur, subforum needed. There have been at least 2 people that have posted to say they were turned away from the TL solely because of this site and the negativity, we lost them to the dark side, Infiniti.

The truth is there are problems in cars, but most of these complaints are so menial that they are worthless. (Nearly) They flood the board, and it's clear with all the negative posts on a daily basis.

Help us.

Yes, we have lost people from our negativity; however, Infiniti has also lost because of the same problems. I almost turned away from Infiniti when I read their forums about the FX35 (and man, I wish I had been deterred).
Old 05-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vikrampatel

besides, if people posted their problems in a sub-forum, there would be nothing in the main section. think about it, the majority of people who go to forums are posting problems and looking for solutions.

as far as your rattle example, i agree, there are a million threads regarding this; however, there are different rattles all over the place. we can't have one thread with rattles, nobody would find any information in there.
Vikram I gotta disagree..Look at the people that the forum is scaring away due to all the negativity!!!! How does is make sense to have sub forums for performance upgrades and electrical and not for the KNOWN ISSUES with the TL...just because there will less crap on the general forum is no reason to not have a sub-forum. I would prefer quality posts on the general forum then loads of bitching quantity posts

Make one of the subforums part of the general forums if everybody is so worried about not having enough threads... BUT as EPIK say SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Suzuka Master

I suppose that makes sense, although if you go in the 3G garage you can see a list of basically all the problems and solutions with links to the threads.

Either way, I don't have a problem with the way it is now. If the mods and admins want to change the format of the forum, it is completely up to them, but either way we have no reason to complain - it's not like we are paying for the forums, it is theirs and I would support any decision they make.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Your request is noted, Epik. Will bring this to the other 3G mods to see what they think. EDIT: Done and awaiting replies. I personally don't like the idea of adding yet another subforum and am satisfied with the way things are, but it is something that should be discussed. The poster above is correct in stating that most people who post in these forums do so because they have an issue, and they are looking for answers. A few trolls are sprinkled into the mix, as well...it takes all types, I guess.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If there was a sub-forum titled "Issue and Problems" don't you think people would be immediately drawn to that and that could turn people away just as easily. Unfortunately most people go looking for the negative in everything.

Again if most people would just do a little research before posting then they would probably find the answer to 90% of their questions and we wouldn't have to read 10 posts about the same issue and it wouldn't look like their was non-stop complaining. I had a lot of questions about various things (not necessarily issues, but things that were a little unclear to me) and I used the Search function and found an answer to every question I had. It really comes down to laziness.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Pro

I suppose that makes sense, although if you go in the 3G garage you can see a list of basically all the problems and solutions with links to the threads.

Either way, I don't have a problem with the way it is now. If the mods and admins want to change the format of the forum, it is completely up to them, but either way we have no reason to complain - it's not like we are paying for the forums, it is theirs and I would support any decision they make.
AGREE with you on your second comment. But I guess the whole purpose of the forum is to educate/encourage users to buy/learn more about Acura Vehicles...I just dont see (I am not complaining more like suggesting) how this objective is being solved by the bitching threads we see on the general forums.

But as you said MODS would be the decision makers...I would love to hear what they think.. I did see one of the Administrators saying on Marks thread about his wifes brake lock-up issue that WE (3G TL) owners were the biggest set of cry babies an I am guessing this is because of all the threads you see on out forum...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Wake this up.... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115358
Old 05-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by scrb09
AGREE with you on your second comment. But I guess the whole purpose of the forum is to educate/encourage users to buy/learn more about Acura Vehicles...I just dont see (I am not complaining more like suggesting) how this objective is being solved by the bitching threads we see on the general forums.

But as you said MODS would be the decision makers...I would love to hear what they think.. I did see one of the Administrators saying on Marks thread about his wifes brake lock-up issue that WE (3G TL) owners were the biggest set of cry babies an I am guessing this is because of all the threads you see on out forum...

I read that thread also. I believe it was soopa and to a certain point I agree with him, we do complain about everything. I used to cruise the TSX forums when I had my TSX and there were far fewer complaints over there. I believe the reason for this is because there are so few TSXs compared to the TLs therefore there would naturally be more complaints about the TL. (did that make sense?)
Old 05-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by AMIC
If there was a sub-forum titled "Issue and Problems" don't you think people would be immediately drawn to that and that could turn people away just as easily. Unfortunately most people go looking for the negative in everything.
Not really! There is a difference in coming to the site and seeing the bitching posts day after day and actually going to the sub-forum and reading them. You are giving user an option to go and read these issues rather then forcing (hypothetically) them to see it (if not read it) everyday.

Again if the "issues" are in a sub-forum, perspective buyers will think they are "a part" of the car...whereas if they are on the general forum that is all they think about the car....
Old 05-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Pro

Here is one of the recent (yesterday) examples:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/sale-ground-control-coil-overs-115993/
Old 05-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not completely against having the Issues thread with stickys of the most common problems but if I were a perspective TL buyer and I came to this forum and saw 200 posts under the Issues forum I might think "This car is a PoS and I'm not going to buy it". But then again maybe there wouldn't be 200 posts if people could find the answers they wanted right at the top. I can see it both ways....
Old 05-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If a new sub forum was created, the only posts here would be "I raced a grandma today" and "i don't know how to search". I say leave things as they are.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Some issues ain't the complaints; they just need others to help light up solutions.

Originally Posted by AMIC
I'm not completely against having the Issues thread with stickys of the most common problems but if I were a perspective TL buyer and I came to this forum and saw 200 posts under the Issues forum I might think "This car is a PoS and I'm not going to buy it". But then again maybe there wouldn't be 200 posts if people could find the answers they wanted right at the top. I can see it both ways....
Although we list all the problematic issues or topics here or over a particular thread or sticky thread, I bet lots of people still like to start their own threads to question issues/problems they have been experienced. It's the human nature to start the questions which specifically expound their own issues. FAQ is good to reduce the redundant questions, but wouldn't get rid of them. Right, I see them both ways, too.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
If a new sub forum was created, the only posts here would be "I raced a grandma today" and "i don't know how to search". I say leave things as they are.
This could be very possible. We will see these below in the main page:
  • Choices of colors/combo/tranny/body kits/accessories
  • Accidents or incidents
  • Tint/Moleskin
  • Scratches/dings/dents repair of bumper/body
  • Where to get/buy
  • Alarm/Lojack/GPS tracking/Locks
  • Break-in
  • Oil/fluid
  • Brake/ABS/VSA
  • Which cars to buy
  • Safety
  • Best of best of best of TLs
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamNJ
And I smoked that old biddy, too!!!! LOL

In Epik's original thread, I voted for and posted for a sub-forum, and I still back that idea. However, whether they make one or not is irrelevant to 99.9% of users here, myself included. There is tons of good info on this site, no matter how it's organized.

As many have noted, being a forum, this place is more likely going to have bitching than elsewhere because it's where people with problems come looking for answers. Also, noobs are noobs. If you're not familiar with a forum/how it works/how it's organized/etc., you're likely to do something considered stupid by the other members. As long as this place exists, there will always be some new kid asking "What wheels should I get?" in the main forum. You can either flame him or point him in the right direction...your call.

In the end, the world's not perfect, and none of us can save it...*read my sig*

By the way, what's search?!?!?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by EpiK
...I realize that half of you don't know who I am and the other half don't care. And that is why if things don't change, I'm gone. Because that would mean you guys prefer things the way they are and the majority will rule. I'll just go elsewhere, I'm no better than any of you.

But for me to stick around, things need to change, and change fast. The decline this forum has undergone in the past two months has been drastic. And frankly, it sucks.

Cheers all!
Thanks for telling us what you think. Sometimes members just leave without saying a word. We know you care about us.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am so sick and tired of the complaining.

We took a vote earlier this month and more than SEVENTY percent of the people asked for a forum for people to go with "issues". Which should CLEARLY state to the admins and monitors that something is seriously wrong with the way issues are being addressed right now.

And the situation could be cleared up quickly and easily with the addition of a sub-forum. The reason for this is multi-fold and clear as day.

#1 - It would allow a single source for people to go to find information regarding their troubles.

#2 - With a few good stickies, they wouldn't have to keep posting the same issues over and over and over and over again. How many HUNDRED do we have now on rattles alone? Instead of ONE location to talk about it, people litter up the general forum constantly.

Since that is not the way it works right now, we are all being subjected to an overabundance of negativity about a car that in all honesty save for a few 1st year model build issues is one of the best on the road. All we see are people bitching about issues, and people bitching about people bitching about issues.

While that's not right. People with issues SHOULD have a place to go vent. And regulars should not be forced to read thread after thread of the same thing, when a little effort would cure this whole situation. This wouldn't be a big deal if some of the folks here would actually SEARCH for a similar thread to post on, but since that won't happen things need to change. A sub-forum is the obvious answer.

I realize that half of you don't know who I am and the other half don't care. And that is why if things don't change, I'm gone. Because that would mean you guys prefer things the way they are and the majority will rule. I'll just go elsewhere, I'm no better than any of you.

Cheers all!
There are "hundreds" of threads that sound just like yours. Stop complaining.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Racer

>I realize that half of you don't know who I am and the other half don't care. And >that is why if things don't change, I'm gone. Because that would mean you guys >prefer things the way they are and the majority will rule. I'll just go elsewhere, >I'm no better than any of you.

ePik who?
we miss you already...
perhaps we need a subforum for people to complain about having a place to complain?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Systems Overlord

Originally Posted by rets
Although we list all the problematic issues or topics here or over a particular thread or sticky thread, I bet lots of people still like to start their own threads to question issues/problems they have been experienced. It's the human nature to start the questions which specifically expound their own issues. FAQ is good to reduce the redundant questions, but wouldn't get rid of them. Right, I see them both ways, too.
From my point of view it's not the people who post the problem/issue that they are having and looking for a solution or just to vent that are the annoyance. It's the people who do nothing but bitch and moan about their car endlessly. These are the same people who never pass by a chance to put the car down when they see a thread where someone is having a problem. These people almost scared me away from the TL. I'm glad they didn't. I'm very happy with the car.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is mine. If you own a TL and truely hate the car, then my suggestion is to sell it and move on with your life. Don't spoil things for the rest of us who enjoy our cars.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neuronbob
The poster above is correct in stating that most people who post in these forums do so because they have an issue, and they are looking for answers. A few trolls are sprinkled into the mix, as well...it takes all types, I guess.
I agree completely, and having a sub-forum ONLY for problems and issues makes it MUCH easier for people with issues to find what they are looking for without having to peruse the general threads along the way.

At the same time, it will leave the general forums for us to talk about comparisons, reviews, events, etc. and avoid the "issues" if we so choose.

Originally Posted by scrb09
There is a difference in coming to the site and seeing the bitching posts day after day and actually going to the sub-forum and reading them. You are giving user an option to go and read these issues rather then forcing (hypothetically) them to see it (if not read it) everyday.

Again if the "issues" are in a sub-forum, perspective buyers will think they are "a part" of the car...whereas if they are on the general forum that is all they think about the car....
Exactly! Thank you!

Originally Posted by mxtt
There are "hundreds" of threads that sound just like yours. Stop complaining.
Maybe even "thousands"...

Originally Posted by mbwmn
ePik who?
we miss you already...
Aww, how touching. :ghey: But I'm still here until a final resolution is determined.

Hopefully we can get a direct YES or NO answer. That's when I'll be saying "Thank You" or "Good Bye".
Old 05-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Old 05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

For someone with less than 170 posts, you sure have a lot of ideas.

Hey how bout after you leave, you start your own forum (and pay for it too). That way you can have it exactly how YOU like it.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
For someone with less than 170 posts, you sure have a lot of ideas.
And that's a bad thing how???

Hey how bout after you leave, you start your own forum (and pay for it too). That way you can have it exactly how YOU like it.
Wow.... Just wow....

Do you own this site? If you do, then my apologies and I'll be on my way.

If not, do they know this is how moderators run this place? Forgive me for trying to help improve this place....
Old 05-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
Hey EpiK, next time, rather than start another identical thread filled with complaints, that isn't even in teh right forum, why not use your old thread, or better yet, try contacting the admins, since we make the decisions about forums, rather than the members.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

EpiK,

The problem is not the bitching, it's that people don't bother to do a search on the issue that has been discussed 4,000 times before. If people took the time to search before they post, we'd all be happier.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Astroboy
Hey EpiK, next time, rather than start another identical thread filled with complaints, that isn't even in teh right forum, why not use your old thread, or better yet, try contacting the admins, since we make the decisions about forums, rather than the members.
Go back and check. I've bumped that thread plenty before. But nothing happened. This one seems to have gotten the response of at least 4 Moderators. I'd say it did it's job...

The problem is not the bitching, it's that people don't bother to do a search on the issue that has been discussed 4,000 times before. If people took the time to search before they post, we'd all be happier.
I agree completely. But obviously people either don't know how to search, or can't find the search option. A sub-forum would remove that need.

I guess I fail to see how there IS a need for a sub-forum on Tires & Audio & Performance Options & Pictures, but there is not for Issues. To me Issues is far more deserving of a sub-forum than ANY of those other options...
Old 05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
I'm closing this, results to follow.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
The admins have spoken. I'll back out of this one...
Old 05-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Luv my TL

Considering they make up 80% of the forum, avoiding them is easier said than done.

And yes it's another complaint thread. My final one. Either this place changes or I will take myself out of here. No need for the rest of you to be subjected to my disappointment in this place.
GOOD LUCK!
Old 05-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Received 1,011 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by noychris
GOOD LUCK!
He did have good luck.

Things changed and he is still here.

Which is good for us too.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Banned

Yes, we have lost people from our negativity; however, Infiniti has also lost because of the same problems. I almost turned away from Infiniti when I read their forums about the FX35 (and man, I wish I had been deterred).
Infiniti hardly doesn't have near as many problems as the TL does.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tunerman
Infiniti hardly doesn't have near as many problems as the TL does.
Are you insane???

Even with the '04s being a new model the vast majority of the problems with the TL are a few rattles, some butt marks, and complaints about the tires. The '05s have addressed almost all of those issues.

There are a few other scattered issues here and there, but considering that most people looking for message forums do so to talk about a problem, the TL has been wildly successful, and amazingly trouble free. We just like to bitch a lot.

But I wouldn't trade my TL for a G35 sedan unless there was a lot of cash coming my way as part of the deal.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro

epik's got a good point. although its ok to talk about problems you may have with your car, we should also talk more about the pros about our TL and why we love to own it