AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   A few problems randomly pop up (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/few-problems-randomly-pop-up-975436/)

Doc.Hollow 12-07-2018 04:18 AM

A few problems randomly pop up

Can someone please offer some insight in where I should start looking first. I had a few problems pop out of nowhere today.

I was on my commute home and all of a sudden, my temp display showed only three dashes, and the turning signals and high beams stopped working, With no display on the dash.
Got home and was about to google to see where I should look first but noticed my key fob not working along with the driver side power door locks. The on-dash display showed that it was not linked to the car anymore.
So I looked up the instruction here and tried to re-program it, with no success and it also drained my battery. I ended up having to get CAA to give me a boost.
Now here is the strange part in the midst of driving around to get charge the battery again. The signals, high beam, temp display, and lock started to work again. But for some reason or another, my rear windshield defroster did not for the first part of my drive.

I'll be picking up a new battery tomorrow, before trying to trying to reprogram the fob again. But can some point me in the right direction in where to look.

I sorry for the long-winded post but I just didn't want to leave anything out

Thanks

Midnight Mystery 12-07-2018 04:24 AM

Interesting... My TL glitched a lot... What year is it? Mine was a 2008 base non-tech...

Doc.Hollow 12-07-2018 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16345567)
Interesting... My TL glitched a lot... What year is it? Mine was a 2008 base non-tech...

Mines an 05. I just found it weird that all of the problems just popped out of nowhere.

Midnight Mystery 12-07-2018 05:25 AM

Check the grounds... Maybe something going on there...

Midnight Mystery 12-07-2018 05:26 AM

Someone else ought to know more than I do.

redbeard1 12-07-2018 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Doc.Hollow (Post 16345565)
I had a few problems pop out of nowhere today.
I'll be picking up a new battery tomorrow, before trying to trying to reprogram the fob again. But can some point me in the right direction in where to look.

These random problems seem to have electricity in common. I would have guessed bad battery but a bad battery could also be a symptom (bad alternator, bad connection, high parasitic draw).

If the battery was more than three years old and you have typical driving/maintenance habits, then I'd get the new battery and see if the problems go away.

If your battery was newish or you typically keep it topped up, the problem will likely return when your new battery is subject to whatever drained the first. There are lots of posts on parasitic draws on this site.

If your problem is a loose/corroded connection, your new battery will not help with your problems. There are also lots of posts on looses/corroded connections.

I'm hoping its just an old battery.

Doc.Hollow 12-07-2018 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by redbeard1 (Post 16345666)
These random problems seem to have electricity in common. I would have guessed bad battery but a bad battery could also be a symptom (bad alternator, bad connection, high parasitic draw).

If the battery was more than three years old and you have typical driving/maintenance habits, then I'd get the new battery and see if the problems go away.

If your battery was newish or you typically keep it topped up, the problem will likely return when your new battery is subject to whatever drained the first. There are lots of posts on parasitic draws on this site.

If your problem is a loose/corroded connection, your new battery will not help with your problems. There are also lots of posts on looses/corroded connections.

I'm hoping its just an old battery.

Thanks for the input bud...... It turned out to be just and an aging battery, I hope. I had it for more than a few years and really have not been driving the car as of much lately. Pop in a new Kirkland today and everything seems to be back to normal. Even got the remote linked again

Thanks

Midnight Mystery 12-07-2018 10:20 PM

:thumbsup: