Electrical problems: locks, high beams, turn signals, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:40 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Electrical problems: locks, high beams, turn signals, etc

Hello, I have a 2005 Acura TL with a little more than 150,000 miles on it.

All of the sudden, about two days ago I had a bunch of electrical issues all at the same time. The following do NOT work currently: the driver's side door lock and unlock buttons, both high beams, both turn signals, the lowest setting on the wind shield wipers and outside temp on the dashboard.

Conversely, the radio, navigation, the passenger's side lock and unlock buttons, hazards, regular headlights, windows, AC and heating all work normally.

Today, my battery totally died. Tried to jump it but no go. So, I got a new battery and installed it. Got the car running again BUT all of the things that did not work before STILL do not work. Any clue?

I understand it MAY be a fuse issue from reading around here. I'm going to attach pictures of the fuse box diagrams I have in my manual. If you see anything in there that could help me PLEASE let me know.

Thank you!!

Interior Fuse Box

Under Hood Fuse Box
Old 02-26-2016, 08:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
Did you check each fuse?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:07 AM
3rd Gear

Just this morning my father looked at them and said they all look good. Also checked the battery again (even though it's new) and he said that it seemed to be functioning normally. But still having the same problems.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

This is a problem many people have reported on here. I also had this issue approx. 3 months ago and it coincided with a dead battery. I hate to say it, but nothing I did immediately fixed it. I replaced fuses and everything. Give it a couple days with the new battery and smart money says your problem will "resolve itself".
Old 02-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by seenelly
This is a problem many people have reported on here. I also had this issue approx. 3 months ago and it coincided with a dead battery. I hate to say it, but nothing I did immediately fixed it. I replaced fuses and everything. Give it a couple days with the new battery and smart money says your problem will "resolve itself".

Youre applying the same power to any electrical component whether its one minute after placing a new battery or 3 days later.

If ALL fuses check out ( meaning they were each pulled )
The next step I would take is to look at the MICU which controls almost all interior electronic functions.

I had a similar problem but it was caused by a shop I used who replaced my windshield. It wasnt sealed properly and water started to leak into the car and drip onto the MICU.

Once I resealed the window the problems havent resurfaced. That was 3-4 years ago.

Have you done any windshield repair?
Old 02-26-2016, 01:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
Youre applying the same power to any electrical component whether its one minute after placing a new battery or 3 days later.

If ALL fuses check out ( meaning they were each pulled )
The next step I would take is to look at the MICU which controls almost all interior electronic functions.

I had a similar problem but it was caused by a shop I used who replaced my windshield. It wasnt sealed properly and water started to leak into the car and drip onto the MICU.

Once I resealed the window the problems havent resurfaced. That was 3-4 years ago.

Have you done any windshield repair?
I have not done any windshield repair but it has been raining a lot here and the car is getting a bit old. Maybe it happened on its own?

I may just have to give in and visit the dealer on this one. My father and I can handle fuses and batteries, but anything more than that and we are out of our depth.

I do appreciate all of your help!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hope this isnt to late but, check along your A Pillar and see if there could be any water stains on the fabric

like in this pic

Name:  photo-1_zpsbb145a1c.jpg
Views: 4180
Size:  51.9 KB

this is how I was able to find I had a leak through the windshield.
Also check your sunroof drain
Old 11-15-2016, 10:33 AM
1st Gear

Just had this happened yesterday. Check the driver door electric connector inside rubber cover and it wasn't connected all the way. I connected it right and everything started working. I suggest checking that first before taking to dealership and getting a high bill.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:16 PM
1st Gear

2005 Acura TL headlight issues

will one of you gentlemen please give me some help on my 05 Acura TL. My high beams do not work at all, and my projecting headlights do not work at all either, they have not worked since I bought the car and I'm tired of not having brights anymore. Any help? I don't have a owners manual to look for fuses but found the pictures located above and I'm gonna check tomorrow but donyou guys have any advice on what it may be ?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 916swangin
Just had this happened yesterday. Check the driver door electric connector inside rubber cover and it wasn't connected all the way. I connected it right and everything started working. I suggest checking that first before taking to dealership and getting a high bill.
Yup this is your problem. Happened to my roommates TL, turn signals, bright lights, door locks, etc didnt work. He pulled all the connections apart in the drivers door and used a blow dryer to heat all the moisture out that he think got in there during a car wash. If heating it up doesnt work, try just leaving all the connections in the door unplugged for a week or so and then plug them back in. After a ton of research this problem seems to be from moisture getting into the connections.

Originally Posted by James Buettner
will one of you gentlemen please give me some help on my 05 Acura TL. My high beams do not work at all, and my projecting headlights do not work at all either, they have not worked since I bought the car and I'm tired of not having brights anymore. Any help? I don't have a owners manual to look for fuses but found the pictures located above and I'm gonna check tomorrow but donyou guys have any advice on what it may be ?
This is a different problem since your normal headlights work. I'd suggest making a new thread on it and looking at your fuse boxes first.