Drivers side Controle Module

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 09:47 AM
StephTL2580

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Drivers side Controle Module

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

My driver side controle module is shot, thus not being able to use my memory feature. I have found some online pretty cheap and want to replace it myself. My question is, does this have to be reprogrammed through the dealership? Or is it just plug and go? Its going to be a bitch taking the seat out. How long will this take, more or less?

Thanks

I have a 2007 Base TL if that matters
Old 01-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by stephatx05
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

My driver side controle module is shot, thus not being able to use my memory feature. I have found some online pretty cheap and want to replace it myself. My question is, does this have to be reprogrammed through the dealership? Or is it just plug and go? Its going to be a bitch taking the seat out. How long will this take, more or less?

Thanks

I have a 2007 Base TL if that matters
more often than not, a bad mirror motor messes up the memory seat system. There's a TSB on it as well. $36 for a new motor from amazon!

There isn't any programming required on our cars unlike the germans!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:28 PM
StephTL2580

the mirror is still working, when I go into reverse, it does get stuck though but its working fine. Would this cause the issue ? Should I go this route before buying the drivers side memory seat control module?
Old 01-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Yes. A mirror actuator not functioning correctly will disable the memory seating as a precaution. A red flag for the actuator is that it's getting stuck and stuttering.

Originally Posted by stephatx05
the mirror is still working, when I go into reverse, it does get stuck though but its working fine. Would this cause the issue ? Should I go this route before buying the drivers side memory seat control module?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:44 PM
StephTL2580

Well guys, fortunately at this time I dont have to fix anything and I hope I didnt' jinx myself. It started working suddenly I'll take it while I can!!