Drive Light Flickers/Turns off

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
Drive Light Flickers/Turns off

I originally posted in this thread, where another member was going to buy at TL that had the similar problem that I'm experiencing.. however I got no responses in there so I figured I'd create my own thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/problem-green-drive-light-blinking-542417/

I have the same issue with my TL that is in meticulous condition (all service records all done at the same dealership it was bought at and sold back) and it was well taken care of, however I wouldn't explain the light as "blinking". It seems to "flicker" and if I switch it over to SportShift the same thing happens and I can't control the shifting, while the gear indicator flickers. It will hunt up and down once or twice, and putting the car in and out of SportShift usually fixes it, or into Neutral. No codes stored because the light stays lit after. The transmission shifts great (and I've already replaced both 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches) and over the 10k miles I've owned it (115.5k now), it's done this maybe at most 10 times? It seems to happen every once in a while. I drove over 20+ hours on vacation and it didn't do it once but it's happened twice in the last two months... the previous owned had the trans fluid replaced ~60k miles and I got a 3qt. drain/refill a couple months ago.
It's happened multiple times in the last three weeks and I'm starting to worry.

To me it sounds like a sensor somewhere, perhaps in the shifter... (maybe previous owner spilled a drink in it?)

Anyone know what could cause this?