Coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:57 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coolant leak

I have been having a coolant leak right behind the engine. It's coming from what seems to be the heater control valve (right where one hose links to the heater control valve then leads to another hose) I have checked the oil constantly to make sure the coolant and oil aren't mixing. And I JUST bought the hose and the control valve is only but $30 but just wanted to make sure if I'm not missing anything or if it's something else along the way that could be the cause of the leak. And the cost to have it replaced or if it's simple enough to diy
Old 07-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Other than feeling around for a torn hose, did you get both hoses or just the one to the heater core? No clue on cost to replace but I usually try DIY first when it seems simple enough such as that. Then again simple is a relative term.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
I have the same issue on my 05 with 180k. There is a slow leak and it puddles immediately below the control valve. I plan on replacing all hoses along with the valve anyway when I do my timing belt so I dont have to empty the coolant twice.

Even if your hoses look good I would still recommend replacing them since you will be down there already.

​​