Clutch pedal vibration under accelaration

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 05:28 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch pedal vibration under accelaration

Hey all!

I'm having sort of a weird issue. Basically, when releasing the clutch pedal after shifting, the catch point feels sort of "gritty". Best term I can think of to describe it. Then comes the actual issue. Once released, I noticed the clutch pedal will vibrate rather noticeably (like touching a washing machine on full spin). This happens in all gears and is especially noticeable when cruising on the highway if I touch the clutch pedal (and no, I don't drive with my foot always touching the pedal). Vibrations will increase/decrease with throttle. No noise that I can hear and the transmission seems to shift without issue.

Background:
Bought the car a year ago, noticed the issue after buying another manual (hadn't driven one in a few months before purchasing the TL), and I *think* its getting progressively worse. I can now feel the pedal slightly vibrating at idle/neutral. PO had the clutch replaced before I bought it, dealer misaligned the clutch and ruined the input shaft, calling for a new transmission. I took it to a local mechanic who used to have a TL and said everything was fine, so I tried chalking it up to me being over-sensitive, but it's really starting to irk me now.

Thoughts:
Will probably take it into the dealer to see if they can diagnose anything (Unfortunately, its passed the 12 month warranty since the clutch exchange, but I only put like 4-5k miles on it.). I'm assuming they will either go with "Don't notice anything" or "We need to pull it out. $500". Could this be a poorly installed throw-out bearing? Just a result of the DMF (Ive seen other posts where people say the clutch pedal vibrates, but not to what extent)? Could it just be the motor and tranny mounts going out? Am I just crazy (I know the pedals are ultra sensitive, since I can feel the windshield wipers hit the stopping points through the pedals)?

Thank in advance!