Clutch Engagement, Steering Wheel Light, and Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:56 AM
So not a sociopath

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Clutch Engagement, Steering Wheel Light, and Rattle

2004 Acura TL M/T

Alright, lets' start with the clutch engagement and the steering wheel light, Saturday I did the check valve delete mod, added some new shift bushings, and bled the clutch. The engagement has been so much better, the trouble is, the clutch doesn't begin engaging until I have the pedal half way to the floor, it used to engage pretty quickly. Maybe I just need to bleed it some more or maybe the check valve delete has caused the engagement point to move?
Since doing the modifications, the cruise control light on the steering wheel has started flickering/turning off when I hit a bump/heavy vibration, the cruise control still functions, but having replaced all steering wheel lights with LED's a little over a month ago, it's a bit annoying.

This one I hope to get video of soon, but it's hard to catch, I think I have figured out how to duplicate it, but haven't had a chance/setup to capture it. Basically, there's a rattle from the back passenger side of the engine compartment. It only happens during cold start when the temperature is less that 40* F and the wheel is turned to the right and goes away once it warms up.
It sounds like a cat shield rattling against something, I suspect the rear cat shield, but I was hoping to get some input.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:53 PM
So not a sociopath

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Bueller, bueller... bueller
Old 01-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
That rattle is probably the axle/shaft heat shield. It's around the axle, above the JPipe. Grab the shield, and if it has any play in it, that is the issue. Replacing the washers will fix it (I actually repaired one of the washers that was loose with an epoxy and mine no longer rattles).

As far as the light, it's probably a bad LED and needs to be replaced.