Car pretty

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car pretty

I got my tints done by CAR PRETTY in Philadelphia. Well they look good don't have any problems with bubbles but my tints are extremely scratched up. They so call offer a lifetime warranty for scratches bubbles peeling etc. I went back recently with my other car 99 maxima and told them about the problems I was having with my tints on my ACURA TL. He offered to fix the problem but when I came back he just bullshitted and never corrected the problem. The tints are extremely scratched up. He said some bullshit about we can't do anything because there is sand from the beach in the car blah blah they would have to take the car apart to fix the problem. I understand that people have problems with tinting these car but he also hacked out all of the window stripes so I don't see where I'm at fault if he has done so. I wouldn't suggest doing business with these people. They'll take your money and then just kick you to the curb. I will post pictures when I get home from work.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
That bites. They should honor the warranty. Did they install mole skin when they installed the tint?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Instructor

the business that did the tint on my old car, went out of business... so there goes their lifetime warrenty...

do you know if the scratches are on the window itself? or the tint?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
That bites. They should honor the warranty. Did they install mole skin when they installed the tint?
At the time they did offer to mole skin for 35 more dollars but I said no. The owner said it wasn't necessary and It wouldn't scratch but If it did I can come back get and get it corrected.

I will be right back I will get some pictures posted.

Originally Posted by kennedyhuynh
the business that did the tint on my old car, went out of business... so there goes their lifetime warrenty...

do you know if the scratches are on the window itself? or the tint?
I'm not 100% sure if It's on the windows itself or the tint. It's pretty deep scratched though.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura TL are known to have scratches if you don't install moleskin. If you have taken on their offer to the moleskin your tint will probably be scratch free. But I can understand that they don't keep their words when that guarenteed to have lifetime warranty.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Instructor

[IMG][/IMG]

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
Acura TL are known to have scratches if you don't install moleskin. If you have taken on their offer to the moleskin your tint will probably be scratch free. But I can understand that they don't keep their words when that guarenteed to have lifetime warranty.
I understand that but I didn't think It would be this bad. Just imagine this all over the windows. It was hard for me to get shots of the scratches and never expected it to be this deep.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Burning Brakes

i don't have molskin and my tints are still perfect since day one. had them over a year, take it back and raise hell. tints aren't cheap enough to just let things slide
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PhillyxMartin
I got my tints done by CAR PRETTY in Philadelphia. Well they look good don't have any problems with bubbles but my tints are extremely scratched up. They so call offer a lifetime warranty for scratches bubbles peeling etc. I went back recently with my other car 99 maxima and told them about the problems I was having with my tints on my ACURA TL. He offered to fix the problem but when I came back he just bullshitted and never corrected the problem. The tints are extremely scratched up. He said some bullshit about we can't do anything because there is sand from the beach in the car blah blah they would have to take the car apart to fix the problem. I understand that people have problems with tinting these car but he also hacked out all of the window stripes so I don't see where I'm at fault if he has done so. I wouldn't suggest doing business with these people. They'll take your money and then just kick you to the curb. I will post pictures when I get home from work.
That's nice to know because i was definitely about to go get my tints done there too. Forget that since they are acting like that.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I did the moleskin myself. Ordered it from a Acurazine vendor, flnsx.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
2017 TLX TECH V6

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PhillyxMartin
Thats outrageous. I considered using them 2 years ago when I moved back here from MD. Instead I went to Driven Dynamics in Rockville. Glad I did.