Can insulator stuck in beverage holder - lid won't open!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can insulator stuck in beverage holder - lid won't open!

OK this is embarrassing...

I have managed to get one of these http://www.thermos.com/Product_detai...&ProductID=283 stuck in my beverage holder and now the lid won't open. It seems when I shut the lid, it tilted the insulator forwards and then when the lid was fully shut it tilted back, effectively locking the lid shut.

Does anyone know if I can just remove the lid somehow to get myself out of this mess? Or will I have to disassemble the entire center console? If it's going to be a heap of work disassembling the center console, I may opt instead to destroy the insulator (that's assuming I can!!!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- John
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Hi and welcome to acurazine John!

Is the holder filled with anything liquid? If not, you can disassemble the console pretty easily and take it out:

This will help you take it out, to take it apart is pretty straight foward, see where the screws are, take pictures of what goes where before you start dis-assembling and you should be good!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! You wouldn't happen to know whether I have to remove the entire center back console or if just removing the side strips will do?

I guess I could find out whenever I take it apart. Times like this I wish I didn't live in an apartment and had a garage...

Thanks again!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by jodo.au
Thanks for the welcome! You wouldn't happen to know whether I have to remove the entire center back console or if just removing the side strips will do?

I guess I could find out whenever I take it apart. Times like this I wish I didn't live in an apartment and had a garage...

Thanks again!
you can remove the whole center (takes about 15-20 minutes) and take it inside to your house and disassemble it there. That's what I did when I had to wash out the cup-holders.

By the way, take a look at the regions section and ask if a member can help you out or you could borrow a garage or driveway for a little bit.