Bad transmission bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad transmission bearing?

Anybody ever have a problem with a bad input shaft bearing on their 6MT TL? Lately I've been hearing a faint squeaking noise, and whenever I press the clutch the slightest bit it goes away. I used to have a 95 Civic with the same problem, but the noises sound completely different. The TL almost sounds like a squeaky belt, the Civic sounded like marbles in a pringles can.

Tried searching and didn't come up with much, any help or experience is appreciated.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
"Whenever I press the clutch the slightest bit", I'm assuming that the slightest pressure applied to the clutch pedal means that the clutch pedal moves only slightly and isn't disengaged which would rule out a trans bearing as the input shaft is still turning.
I would look at the throwout bearing rubbing/touching the pressure plate and when slight pressure applied to the pedal, the bearing comes in full contact with the pp, starts turning and noise stops.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll have a look at that, the seller said there was a new clutch put on right before I bought it but I have my doubts about that. Either way, that was a year ago. I forgot to mention that I've been having clutch hydraulic problems, lost a bunch of fluid at one point and no leak was found by me or the transmission shop. Got a new master and slave cylinder a couple of months ago so they didn't want to just replace them. Hopefully it's all connected to make it easier and cheaper.