bad breaks!! with new rotors and pads!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bad breaks!! with new rotors and pads!

had my shop install new rotora rotors with pads of there choice ( stupid i know .. said that they were Wagner?? )

any way .. squeaked from the start .. tried to "bed " them in and read the thread on the "How to " here on the site..

the problem has only gotten worse my MAIN concern is that now they squeak and rub when my foot ISNT on the break .. examples .. cold start in the morning , starting from a stop lite

not to mention when i back up it sounds like im slaughtering thousands of mice the squealing is so bad

bad install ? im thinkin it could be a bad caliper!

thoughts????
Old 06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try changing out the pads asap and re bed them in, cant be a bad caliper. How was it b4??
Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Bad breaks? I thought you had some nasty compound fractures!

I believe Rotora rotors and pads are designed to work together. That doesn't mean that other pads won't work, but the compounds in the rotors and pads are designed to be complementary.

Are the new pads supposed to have shims? If so, did the shop install the shims. If the new pad don't use shims, did the shop install shims anyhow.?

If the shims were required and installed, did the shop put grease on the back of the shims (where the caliper piston makes contact)?

Did they clean and grease the pad retaining pins and the spring clips?

If you switch pads. I'd sand and wash your rotors to remove any pad compound that got deposited on the rotor.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Bad breaks? I thought you had some nasty compound fractures!

I believe Rotora rotors and pads are designed to work together. That doesn't mean that other pads won't work, but the compounds in the rotors and pads are designed to be complementary.

Are the new pads supposed to have shims? If so, did the shop install the shims. If the new pad don't use shims, did the shop install shims anyhow.?

If the shims were required and installed, did the shop put grease on the back of the shims (where the caliper piston makes contact)?

Did they clean and grease the pad retaining pins and the spring clips?

If you switch pads. I'd sand and wash your rotors to remove any pad compound that got deposited on the rotor.

OP, either get some ceramic pads to cut down on noise & dust or if you stay with the pads.. get some CRC grease for the shims to cut down on some of the noise.