B1 inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
B1 inquiry

I have an 06 TL (MT). It has 38k. I bought it used (not from Acura) at 35k. The message for a B1 came on last night.

Seeing how I do need an oil change, and also though it might be a good idea to have Acura check out the car to see how things are otherwise. (probably should have done that right when I bought it).

Called dealer in Manchester (CT), wanted $400 for the B1 alone, called Acura of Auburn (MA) wants $148 (including oil). In comparison, seems like it's worth it.

Only concern is, seems like the 3rd gear popping out issue, which I will be making the appointment for later this week.

To get to the question, to go or not to go with the B1 service.

Thanks,
paweł
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by paweljaro
...Called dealer in Manchester (CT), wanted $400 for the B1 alone, called Acura of Auburn (MA) wants $148 (including oil). In comparison, seems like it's worth it.

Only concern is, seems like the 3rd gear popping out issue, which I will be making the appointment for later this week.

To get to the question, to go or not to go with the B1 service.
The B1 service is an oil change, tire rotation and a bunch of visual inspections- $148 is high, but no way is it worth $400.

I'd probably have the B1 done. The other items you may face shortly- with a B12 code- are changing the cabin air filter, engine air filter and brake fluid- maybe the $400 service quoted includes those, but that's still high.

The 3d gear should be a TSB issue which the dealer will remedy by changing the transmission fluid to a reformulated one; IDK if the dealer will charge you $100 or so for that.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
06 6mt A-Spec Navi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!! A B1 is only 70 bucks at my dealer and thats in Canadian dollars. Seem like these dealers just make up prices off the top of the head
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So I had the B1 done, price was $148.
They did do the transmission fluid, of course that was another $60.
The guy was pretty nice about it all though, they said the old fluid seemed clean but I noticed a huge difference in shifting right after, even this morning when it was only 20ºF outside, very smooth. Now lets hope the 3rd gear ordeal does not come back, unless it's in the next few months, as my warrantly is for 10k more.

Other then that, no other issues were found, everything seemed fine. I asked about the subwoofer rattling, and they concurred, so I have an appointment next monday to get that done under warranty as well as to check up on the all favorite (already installed) MusicLink that seems like it lost connection.

All in all, service was good. Even got a loaner for 2 hours, 08 TL, AT though, made me realize how much I love my MT!

When is the B12?