B Pillar Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Pillar Rattle

Does anybody know if there is a technical service bulletin for the infamous B pillar rattle? My car will be going in for service soon for an oil change soon. Every time I bring the car in for rattles, I get “Service Technician could not duplicate problem”. This is really frustrating. Car has numerous rattles. The B Pillar is very annoying since its on the driver’s side.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Team Anthracite Member

which one is B - the one on driver side by the seatbelt?

What is the one called by the windshield then?

Originally Posted by rexracer
Does anybody know if there is a technical service bulletin for the infamous B pillar rattle? My car will be going in for service soon for an oil change soon. Every time I bring the car in for rattles, I get “Service Technician could not duplicate problem”. This is really frustrating. Car has numerous rattles. The B Pillar is very annoying since its on the driver’s side.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Racer

A pillars are front, B are between front and back, and C pillars are next to rear windshield.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Instructor

I posted this in another thread, but see if this is it...

I went to the dealer with a complaint about a rattle coming from that area. It sounds like the pillar or along the top of the window... sometimes down by the vent.

Try this... get in the car and shut the doors and windows... then have somone outside grab your driver side mirror and wiggle it up and down.

The tech at the dealer did that to me and DANG it was loud!! AND was the exact rattle. They did something to tighten up the mirror or pad and if was fixed.

The odd thing is I would have never thought it was the mirror cause of the noise it was making and where I thought the noise was coming from. The sound really carries down the pillar and the top of the door.

Hope the helps.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:08 PM
VTEC is happiness

? rearview mirror noise

Hey Teutatesu,

I think I have the same issue. I have been trying to silence a rubbing sound that I thought was coming from my window seal. It has been getting worse, and it would dissapear with the window down slightly. Anyway, I also began to notice the mirror rattles when I close the door, and I when I manipulate the mirror, I hear the same sound. The car is going into the shop tomorrow (multiple issues, hopefully all will be solved). I will let everyone know if the noise is fixed with a tightening of the mirror.

peace
Old 06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Racer

next time you bring it in for service go for a test drive with some one from the dealer to pinpoint your noise
Old 07-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rexracer
Is it a rattle or buzzing noise?

I had mine fixed two weeks after delivery and it was the result of a loose bracket under the B pillar.

Very quiet now!