AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   Anyone know where I can find the BCM (Body Control Module) for '08 TLS (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/anyone-know-where-i-can-find-bcm-body-control-module-08-tls-886752/)

rakibr 05-03-2013 11:21 AM

Anyone know where I can find the BCM (Body Control Module) for '08 TLS

I can't afford dealer prices, but I need to find the BCM (body control module) that goes under the steering column. Anyone know where to suggest I can look for. I've tried every salvage yard in town. I tried to post on the blackmarket forum with WTB, but I don't have permission yet to post there, as I'm fairly new here.

My car acts all wacked out, and all these alarms go offo n the dash and the AC unit. I can't really drive it, because of the alarms, and it acts weird when I drive it. It does sudden rev ups and downs. Talked to a dealer, and they said it's a common thing on the 07-08 TL type S, bit not on the TL. The BCM from the TL won't work on the TLS.

I appreciate anyone's help in finding me the BCM, or if you know anyone parting out a TLS. Thanks

I'm in Austin TX, if anyones local here. Thanks

pohljm 05-03-2013 01:03 PM

I do not believe the BCM will have any effect on your idle issues. Have you checked pricing from our vendors here?

rakibr 05-03-2013 10:18 PM

Sorry I wasn't clear with the rev up and down. Its all on the dash. The rpm stick swings around. The idlebis fine. Is there a list of vendors somewhere other than the ads that I see around? Thanks

rakibr 05-04-2013 08:53 AM

Found the vendors. It was that big link on the the top that says "Vendors" ... I was using my phone earlier, and didn't notice that link before.

paperboy42190 05-05-2013 01:00 AM

How much are local dealers quoting you?

Project_CLean 05-06-2013 07:28 AM

I'd like to know what that is? Do you mean the MICU?

rakibr 05-07-2013 11:19 AM

I wish I had a part number. It's actually a car I'm buying off of an salvage auction that a friend is fixing for me. The body works and airbags are all complete. But it's just causing some weird issues on the dash. After talking to a tech at the dealer, they said it's the BCM that's by the steering column. I don't have too much detail, as my friend was the one working on it. I talked to him yesterday, and he said he got a hold of the part and it should be here in a couple of days. I can post the part number when it's here.

Hopefully after this I can finally pick up my 08 type S (after the grand total of $7500 with all repairs). I've been waiting for one for a couple of years. I've gone through all the TL generations, but started with my Acura Legend Coupe back in 1998

Project_CLean 05-07-2013 12:06 PM

probably the MultiPlex integrated control unit (MICU).