Another rear main seal leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another rear main seal leak

Hi guys just wanna get some input as I'm stuck whether getting an aftermarket warranty,do the expensive repair or the cheaper repair and recheck for oil leak again..

I purchased the vehicle 3 months ago vehicle came with a 90 day transmission and powertrain warranty.

A month after i purchased the vehicle I noticed that there's a leak around the power steering pump which dripped down at the bottom of the engine,and whenever i turn full lock to the left I hear clunking noise.So I took the vehicle back to the Honda dealership and I was able to get the repairs done under warranty(I got a new PS pump and a front passenger side axle shaft)

Now a month after(confirmed it when I installed my aspec kit last sunday)that my rear main seal is now leaking although Its just a minor leak but im worried since it started to leak already chances are it could get worse.
Went back to the dealership today unfortunately the rms leak wasn't part of the used car PT warranty that they have(I tried my best to fight for it but no luck this time)and also I've heard that some people had issues about having the rms leaking after they had the PS pump done.(could or could not be related to the previous repair)

Now since I'm pretty much on my own here I am thinking if I should get an extended warranty for 1yr $2050 2yrs $3000(PT and trans)
get it repaired $800
or go the cheaper way just by replacing the pcv valve and keep an eye out if it would still leak.(I've checked my pcv already its weird that i dont feel any movements back and forth of the checkball nor hear a ticking sound whenever I shake it(could it be juz the pcv valve)also i have an aem v2 cai but i dont see any kinked hose and such.

input would be appreciated...thanx in advance