Another noise thread, creak and skreech

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:04 PM
MAD TLS

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Another noise thread, creak and skreech

So first and foremost this will most likely be a thread so that once i find the problem, i can let people know what to do to fix it, because its not a common sound.

the sound:
its comming from passenger side, only happens when you trounce on the car, and when you turn the wheel left or right sometimes. they sound to be originating from the same place/thing.

when trounced: it sounds close to a metalish creak. peoples initial guess just by hearing it would be to say its the shock/spring etc. its not, i have relatively new tein flex's. i have managed to make it go away, in the wierdest way though.

i simply shove a towel between the lower ball joint, and the heat shield. it went away, and when i would remove the towel, it comes back. i have also messed with the heat shield alittle making sure it was not rubbing anywhere.

That being said, i also have relatively new extended front lower ball joints. the sound does not originate from that either. the sound seems to be coming from THE AREA OF wheel bearing/axle/spindle.

the sound is directly related to suspension travel.

now for when i turn, i get a metal skreech.

things on my car:
new upper control arms, extended lower ball joints, new coilovers, spherical compliance bushings

here are things i have recently replaced in hopes of fixing it.
upper ball joint, outter tie rod, lubbed everything with white lithium, cleaned everything with brake clear, checked inner tie rod

my next step is to take the whole side apart, and remove the brake heat shield, clean it up, and put it back, to see if that does anything. im also considering raising the car alittle to see if the suspension geometry is to blame (my car is not slammed, its a functional set up).

thanks for anyone with their two cents. all is welcome regardless of how ridiculous it is.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:21 PM
MAD TLS

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Nothing gents?

guess ill update you after the weekend if i found anything. ill also be filling my tranny mount with p.u. since there are no after market mounts out there