Airbox Diagram question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Mojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Airbox Diagram question

2005 Acura TL 6MT got into a front end collsion

its at the body shop right getting repaired and i noticed alot of shattered plastic near the bottom left (drivers side) immediately behind the bumper and reinforcement

There was certainl a box and there are two large diametered tubes that are now separated (assuming they were either connected via bracket or thru some kind of box)

Now the pipe where im assuming the air filter is or when an intake would be from the engine which is directly below the main under hood fuse box is in tact and has no cracks or anything

I tried look in my manual for a diagram of how its supposed to look down there, what parts are there, what do i need to do and replace? Obviously im assuming it has something to do with the airbox

if the parts down there are shattered (excuse me if this is a stupid question) If i were to simply install an aftermarket like AEM cold air intake, would i be done? or must i replace something else.

looking at http://car-part.com there are several levels of parts- an full assembly, a resonator, etc. im unsure of what to do!

If anyone works at a dealership or has access to the parts diagrams they look at for the airbox and whatever else is located behind the drivers side headlight and bumper, would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

I should have some pix tonite

Thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts

Butt a cold air intake will remove all of these pieces.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Mojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Coldair like the ones you could find on the black market here such as this will replace all plastics/material what i highlighted in red (just to make sure

Now for cold air intake

would something like this that i saw on the black market work

And somtehing like this on ebay?
DC sports for 150
Any thoughts on which is better?
And do cold air intakes give any noticable hp/ gasmpg increase in the car? Yeah they look great and less plastic for me to replace so there already is one advantage

Also saw an original one- any thoughts"? $65.00