Acura TL cooling issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL cooling issues

I have a 2007 acura tl base. My car tends to lose a lot of power in the summer time and my temp guage will go up when the A/C is on, and if I try to drive hard the coolant will bubble up and spill out the reservoir tank. I checked my fans and only the passenger fan runs. When I turn off the A/C both fans run. I tested both fuses, and they work fine. I pulled the relay above the passenger side fan and the passenger side fan turns off. I plugged it back in to see if both fans would run but only the passenger side fan turns on. I also took out both fan and tested them, and they both turn on. I am very confused, and need help asap.

Last edited by DarrelP; 05-25-2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Wrong title
Old 05-27-2017, 07:02 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi DarrelP, sorry I'm not good at copying and posting links on this site for you, but if you do a search for the Acura service manual on this site for your year tl, look under the cooling section, the ac section and the electrical section, they all have different trouble shooting scenarios that you can hopefully use to track down and fix your problem.
Have you tried switching around your radiator fan relay with your a.c. fan relay to see if that helps? It's a 2 min check and might just be a bad relay. Hope this help get you going.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fulla
Hi DarrelP, sorry I'm not good at copying and posting links on this site for you, but if you do a search for the Acura service manual on this site for your year tl, look under the cooling section, the ac section and the electrical section, they all have different trouble shooting scenarios that you can hopefully use to track down and fix your problem.
Have you tried switching around your radiator fan relay with your a.c. fan relay to see if that helps? It's a 2 min check and might just be a bad relay. Hope this help get you going.
I only know where one relay is and that is the radiator fan. I unplugged my battery for 15 mins then plug it back, and both fans run and car drives perfect. After a while the temps went up and only my radiator fan runs when the A/C is on, and my car loses all power. I don't understand how my car does all that with no cel codes. I will look for the service manual like you said for help.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Having the exact same problem with my 04'. Just noticed today that the temp guage was running higher than usual when I tried to switch into the passing lane and noticed the car would not respond (no power). No CEL either. Did you happen to find out what the issue was?