Accelerating but not going anywhere?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXtsx05
I have an 05 6mt tsx with 62,000 miles and my clutch went out two weeks ago. I go to school about 3 hours from home so ive been staring at my clutchless saloon for a full 17 days now. My buddy has a 05 tl 6mt with about 58,000 on it and his clutch is stating to show signs of failure. I looked at CM ad didn't like what they had. And I wanted to go with a more jap part because they know the car better than us americans do. So, Exedy is my choice. I ordered my stage 1 org clutch kit (yeah OE is organic also but doesnt have a nearly as high heat resistance so this should last longer and grab a little stiffer). that was about $250, then I ordered my lightweight flywheel by Exedy, which is almost 13 lbs lighter than the OE flywheel. That was about $200. Then while i was at it why not save me some time in the future and do the slave cylinder anyway. it would have probably gone out breaking in the new clutch anyway but that was only like $50. so im at $500 with out install labor prices but I have a really friendly mech that hooks me up as long as i help him do the work. So while your paying almost 2 grand i will be right around $760 and a better part. btw, Exedy = Daikin, Im pretty sure Daikin makes the OE clutchs for all honda and acuras straight from the factory. So I believe Exedy has they're Sh*T straight. Just my 2 cents on clutch kits for acuras.

On the other note, I live 3 hours from home meaning 3 hours from my mech and the part. I need to get my car there. towing is two expensive and I dont trust tow dolly's from uhaul. Who makes the right tow bar for the tsx, that attaches to the two tow brackets on the under carriage right behind the front bumper?

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-126/exedy-stage-1-organic-w-lightweight-flywheel-hf02t-706496/
I am not sure how the clutch just works one minute and is usless the next. I drove many cars where the clutch is going out over the next 5k miles. Meaning you had 5k to get the badboy fixed. I don't have any experance with the self adjusting clutch but if you drive the clutch into the ground or don't notice it is going out, maybe the train would be a better transit option. It also seems strange Acura would design a clutch that would work one minute and not the next, leaving people stranded.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Hi speed
I am not sure how the clutch just works one minute and is usless the next. I drove many cars where the clutch is going out over the next 5k miles. Meaning you had 5k to get the badboy fixed. I don't have any experance with the self adjusting clutch but if you drive the clutch into the ground or don't notice it is going out, maybe the train would be a better transit option. It also seems strange Acura would design a clutch that would work one minute and not the next, leaving people stranded.
Obviously there is time to notice when a clutch starts to go out but its not 5k miles before. My clutch started slipping about 600 miles before it was trashed. I never said it was working fine then not working at all. But I have obligations for classes and could not miss because my cars clutch (Seemed) to be going out. And its not like I got the part in time to already have fixed it anyway. Im still waiting on it. I had to make it back to school and figure it would be fine for a little while longer but it just got worse and worse on the drive back, and it was a pretty hilly drive towards the end. I couldn't keep my car above 50 mph. So now I am still trying o find a way to get it back to my hometown. Anyone know who makes the tow bars that fit those brackets on our tsx's?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and yeah i would love to see a train in Austin, Texas. ha ha ha. Its not Dallas. Not to mention I bought a car to drive it. I bought i tsx to have fun driving it. So...