AC Low Side Pressure 100 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question AC Low Side Pressure 100 PSI

Hey guys, so recently I noticed my AC wasn't as cold as it was before. I bought my 2006 TL last April and the AC worked pretty well over the summer. I recently bought an AC recharge can with a gauge on it, and it read 100 PSI with the AC on full blast with the car running. I haven't touched the AC since I bought the car so I know it wasn't overcharged.

I didn't look that much into it and don't know too much about cars so before I take it to be diagnosed at a shop I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing or can provide some insight?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Normal rest pressure (system off) is around 100 psi. Normal operating pressures are typically 30-35 low side, 150-250 high side. Knowing just the low side reading doesn't tell us much, but with some more info we might be able to get some idea what's going on.

Does your car leave a HUGE puddle on the ground a few hours after parking or a small one? IF it's huge, the A/C core is icing over an the ice melts off after you park.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Normal rest pressure (system off) is around 100 psi. Normal operating pressures are typically 30-35 low side, 150-250 high side. Knowing just the low side reading doesn't tell us much, but with some more info we might be able to get some idea what's going on.

Does your car leave a HUGE puddle on the ground a few hours after parking or a small one? IF it's huge, the A/C core is icing over an the ice melts off after you park.
Sorry for the very late reply.. I haven't noticed any puddles at all.. I took it to a shop and they said it looks like the Black Death....