2008 TL KEEPS OVERHEATING NO MATTER WHAT i DO!!

Old 06-21-2019, 05:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Acura TL keeps OVERHEATING NO MATTER wat I do

Hi! Hope someone can help me!

I have a 2008 Acura TL base model. It has 146k miles on it.
I have a major problem with my car. And then just some questions about my lights on my dashboard.
Here is my biggest PROBLEM! My car keeps overheating no matter what I do.

1. 1st time car overheated 8/2018 (once it overheated n started smoking) I made it home which was only 3min away. My Moms bf worked on it and Bleed coolant system.

2. 2nd time Overheated again 2wks later. Was only a mins from mechanics shop & got it there safely. He checked the coolant, n did coolant test, etc & he said EVERYTHING WAS FINE!

3. 3rd time, overheated again: coolant was changed.

4. 4th time in 10/2018 it O.H. again. I pulled over immediately. Thank god I had coolant in the car & added more coolant to it.
I don’t think there was a leak.
I blasted the heat & made it home.

The car sat for a mth:
12/16/19: My moms bf replaced radiator bc there was a small leak. Was hoping that was the problem. I drove the car for not even 3 wks and it overheated once.

Didn’t drive it til I brought to ETD (mistake bringing it there!)

they said they thought I needed to replace the HEAD GASKET!! I was in tears. Since they don’t do engine work they only charged me 1/2 the diagnostic fee.

2 wks later I brought to a great mechanic n they said they did not think it was head gasket but my car had 4 pages of error codes!! (Think bc I have 6 lights in dashboard, n need Tire gauge repacked)

I was scared to drive it after I got it back since they didn’t fix anything but I’ve been driving it as little as possible.

Every once in a while the Temp gauge goes from a quarter to half within secs or mins. N I get really nervous so I pull over. Until I get this fixed I don’t take my car far. Very frustrating.

2nd problem is lights on my dashboard:

I have at least 6-7 lights on the dashboard.
  1. Then a ⚠️( INSIDE a triangle🔺(exclamation point)
  2. (i)
  3. !
  4. VSA
  5. ABS
  6. Every once in a while out of NO WHERE dashboard will say: “TIGHTEN FUEL PUMP”
  7. Also, car beeps every coup mins and reads: “TPMS gauge error”. I know I need a new tire pressure gauge.
#3, #4, #5, #6 have to do w/tires from when I hit a bad pothole yrs ago; been on ever since)

I know 1/2 the lights r on bc when I hit multiple potholes thats when most of the lights went on. I’ve had many problems with Flats bc it’s a low profile car.

The lights have been on for couple years.

I’ve had several mechanics try to clear them out but failed...(I wish I went to Acura bc I spent over over $300 w/2 different mechanics who did diagnostic test and neither could help me and clear the lights, nor tell me what was wrong with my car!!

Things of replaced:
**Replaced: radiator 12/2018
**Replaced Thermostat and radiator cap
**TIMING BELT done 2016 (had around 105-110k miles on it) ACURA Replaced.
**New tires in 5/2019.
**NEW BATTERY 12/2017

I know this is a novel but this has been a complete NIGHTMARE. I don’t know anything about cars & unfortunately my fiancé and I broke up. My moms bf knows everything about cars but Hes done working on it bc he’s sick of not being able to fix it.

If anyone knows anything please let me know. The only thing I’ve ever had a problem with was the tires...up until recently. I’ve always taken care of my car, n made sure the oil was changed etc. B4 my car overheated I was goin to get ready to sell it but I had to put over $1000 into it bc of this overheating problem.

Please help! I’m desperate!! I would of went to Acura originally if I knew it was goin to be such a problem but I had problems with them in the past with them trying to rip me off.

Also had to disable my Bluetooth bc it was draining my battery. (Another problem!) lol

Mainly concerned w/overheating. But if u can help me with anything I will be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Water pump is only thing left to replace lol.... you did radiator, thermostat hoses already. That and heater core is only thing left to the cooling system really
The following users liked this post:
Acura TL Builder (06-22-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Did you do a pressure test on the radiator?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Assuming the radiator and thermostat are good from the replacements already done, the next items would be:
1.) Water Pump
- has it ever been replaced?
- is it leaking/weeping?
2.) Cooling Fans
- you never stated if it was over heating when on the highway or at slower speeds
- do you know if your fans are turning on?
3.) Head Gasket
- Is your coolant loss happening before or after you overheat?
- If you lose enough coolant, it gets hot?
- Or it gets hot and spews coolant into the overflow?
Old 06-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
Is the rad cap indeed new? Did you or a mechanic change it? Check the underside of the cap to see if it's broken.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 307 Likes on 214 Posts
So as others have stated, yeah, the water pump might be the culprit - especially if it hasn't been changed before and you're at 140k+. But you really will need a correct diagnosis before you just start throwing parts at it.

I notice your location is NJ...perhaps a job for the fabled "master mechanic" Paul I've heard of that exists in NJ? Maybe someone here can point you in the right direction
Old 06-24-2019, 12:25 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
You will need to fix your overheating problem before you address any of the other lights.Just because the parts are new does not mean they are good or last long.

Overheating

1. Pressurize the cooling system and leave it for about 30 minutes. It should not drop. If it does, then you have to find the leak. It could be bad head gasket, water pump, radiator, hoses, etc.
2. Check the thermostat is opening at operating temperature. You can do this by seeing the coolant level slightly drop when it opens or by checking the radiator hose does not over pressurize when the engine reaches temp.
3. Check that the fans turn on. If they don't, then you're going to have to determine if it's an electrical problem or a bad fan. Some cars shut off the fans at high speed because it's unnecessary with all the air flow. Does your car overheat at low/idle speed and high speed?
4. Check radiator cap.

Warning Lights

1. Have a full scan done on your car. It should scan all the modules and give you the DTCs.
2. Verify the battery and charging system is working properly. Modules do not like low source voltage and will throw trouble codes like confetti.
3. I would start with which ever wheel hit the pot hole first.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TheSauceBoss

I notice your location is NJ...perhaps a job for the fabled "master mechanic" Paul I've heard of that exists in NJ? Maybe someone here can point you in the right direction
sounds like this may be the way to go if the author is near Clifton, NJ

Sadly this may be one of those posts where they only make one and we never hear from them again. Hope they sort it out.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts
Your overheating problem is either with the fans or worn out bearing on the water pump. Nothing to do with radiator, thermostat, and radiator cap, because it's still overheating after you replaced those. If the car doesn't overheat while the car is at speed then it's the fans, but the water pump should be changed ANYWAY. You are way overdue on that if you didn't change it at 105k miles.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 AM
Intermediate

Gumby309: thank you for replying

Im new to this site so I hope I’m replying back correctly.
since my timing belt was down about 3years ago and they replaced it then, would my WATER PUMP GO SO FAST??? We’ve been wondering about that but we just didn’t think it would go so fast. I’ll let my friend no, or the last mechanic I brought to.
do u think when I hit the radiator replaced that it could be the fan??? Since the fan isn’t replaced when u do the radiator??? Next mth will be 10mths with this problem & I just want it fixed. I’ve never been SO FRUSTRATED W/a car b4. Esp considering this is my 5 Acura and I’ve never had any problems like this.
thabk u again for helping me. Really sucks no not knowing anything about cars. Always could rely on my ExFiancé, n obv that’s out of the question now!!

Originally Posted by Honeysuckle143
Hi! Hope someone can help me!

I have a 2008 Acura TL base model. It has 146k miles on it.
I have a major problem with my car. And then just some questions about my lights on my dashboard.
Here is my biggest PROBLEM! My car keeps overheating no matter what I do.

1. 1st time car overheated 8/2018 (once it overheated n started smoking) I made it home which was only 3min away. My Moms bf worked on it and Bleed coolant system.

2. 2nd time Overheated again 2wks later. Was only a mins from mechanics shop & got it there safely. He checked the coolant, n did coolant test, etc & he said EVERYTHING WAS FINE!

3. 3rd time, overheated again: coolant was changed.

4. 4th time in 10/2018 it O.H. again. I pulled over immediately. Thank god I had coolant in the car & added more coolant to it.
I don’t think there was a leak.
I blasted the heat & made it home.

The car sat for a mth:
12/16/19: My moms bf replaced radiator bc there was a small leak. Was hoping that was the problem. I drove the car for not even 3 wks and it overheated once.

Didn’t drive it til I brought to ETD (mistake bringing it there!)

they said they thought I needed to replace the HEAD GASKET!! I was in tears. Since they don’t do engine work they only charged me 1/2 the diagnostic fee.

2 wks later I brought to a great mechanic n they said they did not think it was head gasket but my car had 4 pages of error codes!! (Think bc I have 6 lights in dashboard, n need Tire gauge repacked)

I was scared to drive it after I got it back since they didn’t fix anything but I’ve been driving it as little as possible.

Every once in a while the Temp gauge goes from a quarter to half within secs or mins. N I get really nervous so I pull over. Until I get this fixed I don’t take my car far. Very frustrating.

2nd problem is lights on my dashboard:

I have at least 6-7 lights on the dashboard.
  1. Then a ⚠️( INSIDE a triangle🔺(exclamation point)
  2. (i)
  3. !
  4. VSA
  5. ABS
  6. Every once in a while out of NO WHERE dashboard will say: “TIGHTEN FUEL PUMP”
  7. Also, car beeps every coup mins and reads: “TPMS gauge error”. I know I need a new tire pressure gauge.
#3, #4, #5, #6 have to do w/tires from when I hit a bad pothole yrs ago; been on ever since)

I know 1/2 the lights r on bc when I hit multiple potholes thats when most of the lights went on. I’ve had many problems with Flats bc it’s a low profile car.

The lights have been on for couple years.

I’ve had several mechanics try to clear them out but failed...(I wish I went to Acura bc I spent over over $300 w/2 different mechanics who did diagnostic test and neither could help me and clear the lights, nor tell me what was wrong with my car!!

Things of replaced:
**Replaced: radiator 12/2018
**Replaced Thermostat and radiator cap
**TIMING BELT done 2016 (had around 105-110k miles on it) ACURA Replaced.
**New tires in 5/2019.
**NEW BATTERY 12/2017

I know this is a novel but this has been a complete NIGHTMARE. I don’t know anything about cars & unfortunately my fiancé and I broke up. My moms bf knows everything about cars but Hes done working on it bc he’s sick of not being able to fix it.

If anyone knows anything please let me know. The only thing I’ve ever had a problem with was the tires...up until recently. I’ve always taken care of my car, n made sure the oil was changed etc. B4 my car overheated I was goin to get ready to sell it but I had to put over $1000 into it bc of this overheating problem.

Please help! I’m desperate!! I would of went to Acura originally if I knew it was goin to be such a problem but I had problems with them in the past with them trying to rip me off.

Also had to disable my Bluetooth bc it was draining my battery. (Another problem!) lol

Mainly concerned w/overheating. But if u can help me with anything I will be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-25-2019, 03:36 AM
Intermediate

gatrhumpy; about pressure test on radiator

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I’m 99% sure my moms bf (who replaced the radiator) didn’t do a pressure test on radiator. That’s not the same thing as a coolant test is it????
If so I’m ALMOST POSITIVE another mechanic did a COOLANT TEST when it 1st overheated. (My car has overheated several times b4 I got the radiator replaced)
If it’s different then a coolant test then this is the 1st time I’m hearing of a radiator test. Do i need special equipment for that? Thanx again for replying. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET w/THIS PROBLEM. Something we thought was goin to be an easy fix has TURNED INTO A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE. Esp since I know NOTHING ABOUT CARS😭😪😫
Old 06-25-2019, 03:59 AM
Intermediate

Jackass; answered ur questions below

Alot of ur questions really make me think u know what ur talking about. So thank u so much for replying!!!

I was just just trying to tell guy who replaced radiator that Ive been trying to think back about all the times it’s overheated & I’m almost POSTIVE every time it overheated it was when I was goin slow/was always driving bt 25mph-45mph. Was always on back roads/or goin thru town. Never on highways. I just realized this 2 days ago. Whoever I try to talk to Ed he is no help whatsoever. He’s just sick of the whole problem since he can’t figure it out. So I literally have NO HELP.

Answers to ur questions:

1. Water pump was replaced when I got my timing belt done 3yrs ago. I don’t think it’s leaking. How would I know? There has been no sign of leaking of anything it seems/or wat I’ve been told. (Even tho I thought I was leaking coolant the 1st couple times it overheated)

2. Cooling fans: overheated at SLOWER SPEEDS
I ALWAYS HEAR MY FANS ON WHEN I TURN MY CAR OFF. So I guess that means their working??

3. When my car overheated the 3rd time I could’ve sworn I had a coolant leak but the mechanic said it was fine. I think Sumtin is goin on bt the radiator & coolant...(like I said I don’t know Anytin about cars&#128557

How do I know if it SPEWs COOLANT into the overflow??

Thank u again 4 replying!! I Hope u can help me some more!!!

Originally Posted by Jackass
Assuming the radiator and thermostat are good from the replacements already done, the next items would be:
1.) Water Pump
- is it leaking/weeping?
2.) Cooling Fans
- you never stated if it was over heating when on the highway or at slower speeds
3.) Head Gasket
Old 06-25-2019, 04:02 AM
Intermediate

About radiator cap

Originally Posted by WDPanda
Is the rad cap indeed new? Did you or a mechanic change it? Check the underside of the cap to see if it's broken.
My mechanic who is a friend of family bought me a new radiator cap. I’ll check it out later today since I haven’t gone to bed yet n it’s 5am by me.
Thank u for replying
Old 06-25-2019, 04:07 AM
Intermediate

About the water pump n do u have the name of the shop pail works at?

Originally Posted by TheSauceBoss
So as others have stated, yeah, the water pump might be the culprit - especially if it hasn't been changed before and you're at 140k+. But you really will need a correct diagnosis before you just start throwing parts at it.

About the water pump: my water pump was replaced when my timing belt was done in 2016. So it’s been 3 yrs since it’s been replaced. Could a water pump go that fast???

Also do u have the name of the shop paul works at?
i really need as much help as possible. I’ve put so much work into this car, even b4 this happened...meaning I’ve always taken care of my car. the fact I was gettin ready to sell n then this happens IS JUST SO UPSETTING!! 😭🤬
Old 06-25-2019, 06:52 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
About the water pump: my water pump was replaced when my timing belt was done in 2016. So it’s been 3 yrs since it’s been replaced. Could a water pump go that fast???

Also do u have the name of the shop paul works at?
i really need as much help as possible. I’ve put so much work into this car, even b4 this happened...meaning I’ve always taken care of my car. the fact I was gettin ready to sell n then this happens IS JUST SO UPSETTING!! ����
glad you replied back.

Paul's text message information is located in the following topic. Click Here for Post #194: https://acurazine.com/forums/ny-nj-3.../#post16329894

There are a lot of reviews about him in that topic as well. Let us know how it works out.

Last edited by sparc; 06-25-2019 at 06:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TheSauceBoss (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:55 AM
Drifting

There is a nifty button called "Multi-Quote" that will help when replying to lots of posts. Select that button for each post you want to reply to, then click "Quote" when you have them all selected, and it will all come out as a single response.

It sounds like you have gotten various friends/family to chime in, but the issue is still over their heads. I would agree with others that if you can get to Paul, he should be someone to trust and get to the root cause of your issues. There are so many things that could be wrong here, we won't be able to properly diagnose it over the Internet.

1. Water pump was replaced when I got my timing belt done 3yrs ago. I don’t think it’s leaking. How would I know? There has been no sign of leaking of anything it seems/or wat I’ve been told. (Even tho I thought I was leaking coolant the 1st couple times it overheated)
If the water pump was leaking/weeping, you would either see coolant on the ground on the passenger side, or see some splashed around the passenger side of the engine bay, or smell coolant (kind of sweet smelling).

2. Cooling fans: overheated at SLOWER SPEEDS
I ALWAYS HEAR MY FANS ON WHEN I TURN MY CAR OFF. So I guess that means their working??
There are two fans and they have different speeds depending on conditions. It is usually a good sign you hear them when you turn the car off, but are you hearing both at full speed is the real question?

3. When my car overheated the 3rd time I could’ve sworn I had a coolant leak but the mechanic said it was fine. I think Sumtin is goin on bt the radiator & coolant...(like I said I don’t know Anytin about cars&#128557

How do I know if it SPEWs COOLANT into the overflow??
There will be coolant all over the front of the engine bay since it will have spilled out of the white overflow tank.

Anything is possible here. I personally don't think it is the water pump. I think you either have a bad thermostat or failing fans....but that is just a guess. It could be still that there is air in the system. Your statement that the needle jumps suddenly is what catches my attention there. Temps don't just "jump" in the cooling system. It should be gradual changes up and down. The only "drastic" change should happen when the thermostat opens the coolant temps should come down somewhat quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jackass:
Honeysuckle143 (01-23-2020), TVL65 (07-04-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 05:26 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by t-rd
Nothing to do with radiator, thermostat, and radiator cap, because it's still overheating after you replaced those.
I've encountered parts failing right out of the box. It's rare, but it happens.

Anything is possible here. I personally don't think it is the water pump. I think you either have a bad thermostat or failing fans....but that is just a guess.
It's hard to diagnose a car problem without having it in front of us. I'm surprised the mechanic could not find the cause.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I'd like to know what brand of timing belt kit was put on. There have been multiple reports of Gates water pump failing. I just did my 3rd timing belt job in 12 years on my AV6, overheating is such a remote problem I don't think about it and I use all OEM parts.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:37 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Check the fan relays too...There was a warning post about the relay going for the fans a while back:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...ck-fix-947309/

Reading over the post and referencing yours as well, I'm guessing that since you drive mostly 25-45mph there's a lot of stop and go. If it's the relays, there's potentially a chance you won't see overheating because you'd be driving at speeds which would force air to cool down the radiator. But either way, I'd try to replace the relay before the water pump, as that's a $30 part and 5 minutes to switch out. Also try Paul as others have mentioned here.

Last edited by jimmyfu; 06-25-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Don't replace the relay if it's not bad. Just open the fuse box and switch and swap the fan relay with another one of the same rating is all you have to do. Or you pull it out and use 2 copper wires and tap onto a 9 volt battery and it will click or not-click.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 988 Likes on 746 Posts
Here is the fan relay.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Intermediate

Yes the rad cap is new

Originally Posted by WDPanda
Yes the rad cap is new. I changed it a couple mths ago along with? Temp gauge, n my timing belt was replaced 3 years ago n they did my water pump. I also got a new radiator in Dec. got the temp gauge n rad cap first.

I was just driving it for 35min in 90° Weather n it went from a quarter to a lil over half n I put the heat on n it went back down.

As far as I know it’s not leaking coolant.
Just checked the coolant and there’s still a good amount in there.

All of a sudden a week ago my car feels like it’s Going to stall. Don’t know what that means either. 😭😭😭
Old 07-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sparc
sounds like this may be the way to go if the author is near Clifton, NJ

Sadly this may be one of those posts where they only make one and we never hear from them again. Hope they sort it out.
the rad cap is new. I changed it a couple mths ago along witt Temp gauge, n my timing belt was replaced 3 years ago n they did my water pump. I also got a new radiator in Dec. got the temp gauge n rad cap first.

I was just driving it for 35min in 90° Weather n it went from a quarter to a lil over half n I put the heat on n it went back down.

As far as I know it’s not leaking coolant.

All of a sudden a week ago my car feels like it’s Going to stall. Don’t know what that means either. 😭😭😭

plus it says “tighten fuel cap” every once in a while.

My car 1st overheated in Aug. In Sept I got the temp gauge n rad cap. Dec I got the radiator, n it’s overheated multiple times.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Intermediate

Acura did the timing belt.

I'd like to know what brand of timing belt kit was put on. There have been multiple reports of Gates water pump failing. I just did my 3rd timing belt job in 12 years on my AV6, overheating is such a remote problem I don't think about it and I use all OEM parts.
Acura did the timing belt. N replaced the water pump.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:13 PM
Intermediate

Fans turn on when I turn off car

There is a nifty button called "Multi-Quote" that will help when replying to lots of posts. Select that button for each post you want to reply to, then click "Quote" when you have them all selected, and it will all come out as a single response.

It sounds like you have gotten various friends/family to chime in, but the issue is still over their heads. I would agree with others that if you can get to Paul, he should be someone to trust and get to the root cause of your issues. There are so many things that could be wrong here, we won't be able to properly diagnose it over the Internet.

If the water pump was leaking/weeping, you would either see coolant on the ground on the passenger side, or see some splashed around the passenger side of the engine bay, or smell coolant (kind of sweet smelling).

There are two fans and they have different speeds depending on conditions. It is usually a good sign you hear them when you turn the car off, but are you hearing both at full speed is the real question?

There will be coolant all over the front of the engine bay since it will have spilled out of the white overflow tank.

Anything is possible here. I personally don't think it is the water pump. I think you either have a bad thermostat or failing fans....but that is just a guess. It could be still that there is air in the system. Your statement that the needle jumps suddenly is what catches my attention there. Temps don't just "jump" in the cooling system. It should be gradual changes up and down. The only "drastic" change should happen when the thermostat opens the coolant temps should come down somewhat quickly.
I know the fans turn on as soon as I shut off car.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:29 PM
Drifting

Temp gauge at half is nothing to be worried about.

In where? The overflow or the radiator? How are you checking?

I know the fans turn on as soon as I shut off car.
When you turn off the car? I do not think my fans have ever ran after shutting off the car?
Old 07-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts

I've run 2 Gates water pumps to 105K+ with no issues, bullet proof for me. I'll be adding my 3rd Gates pump in the next month or so during my 3rd TB change

Pretty sure the idiot/s on Amazon over torqued the bolts and/or let the gasket fall out of the grooves when installing.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
How was the cooling system bled? Which coolant?
Normally the fan shouldn't run when you turn it off unless you are running really hot.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
BEFORE I had the radiator replaced I had a pressure test done when it 1st overheated. the mechanic said everything was fine. 2-3 wk later it overheated again!
(and the shop I originally took it to is no longer there)
Months later my friend found a small leak in radiator so i replaced it. haven't had a pressure test done since then.
Before I replaced the radiator I replaced the radiator cap and thermostat.
My car is worse now then its every been, not only does it over heat after driving it for about 30-35min, when i start it, it feels like its goin to stall.

I am new with acurazine so it takes me time to answer stuff. Especially when Im not the one who worked on it.

any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Old 07-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Safety Car

Turn the A/C off and see if that makes any difference when starting it. My A/C went out, in my old TL, and it wanted to stall the car before it blew the fuse.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Intermediate

1.) Water Pump

I had my timing belt replaced in July 2016, the water pump was replaced then by acura.

- is it leaking/weeping? What does weeping mean??

2.) Cooling Fans

**My car has overheated alot since 8/2018. (didnt drive it for months at at time bc of this)
**Most of the times it overheated it was when i was doin lower speeds.
**When i turn the heat on the temp guage goes down and thats how i usually make it home.
-When I turn off the car I hear my fans running.

3.) Head Gasket

**I dont think im leaking coolant. I dont see any on the ground. I dont know anything about cars. So im just relaying the info people tell me.

Im really confused how to work the messages w/acurazine. I thought I replied to the 1st 7 messages but i dont know if anyone got them. I replied to yours a couple days after i wrote my original comment.

Bc ETD was literally a couple blocks away from where my car overheated after a mth of replacing the radiator,i took there but was a waste of money.(thank god they gave me a discount)
All they said was they dont work on engines but if they could guess they thought it was the HEAD GASKET. 2wks later i took it to a reliable mechanic and he didnt think it was the head gasket. But he said that there were over 4 pages of error codes that came up when they dida diagnostic. (he said he had NEVER SEEN THAT B4) They felt bad charging me the diagnostic fee bc all they did was check my car out for 21/2 days and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. BUT STILL CHARGED ME.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Intermediate

I didnt do anything to the hoses....
Im a women is there anything i could do myself?
The cooling system was checked when it 1st overheated back in 8/2018 and supposedly everything was fine. Until it overheated 2wks later.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Intermediate

Ok, ill check. My moms bf bought the radiator cap brand new. But ill check it after i read msgs.
now that its warm outside its been overheating more frequently and i can barely drive it.
Have to turn on heat for the temp gauge to go down when it starts to overheat.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

did u get my msg?
Bc i replied to the 1st 7 msgs or so within the 1st couple days but im really confused on how to work this website???
Old 07-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Safety Car

did u get my msg?
Bc i replied to the 1st 7 msgs or so within the 1st couple days but im really confused on how to work this website???
What are you confused with?
Old 07-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Intermediate

I had my water pump replaced in 2016 when I had my timing belt done. Would my water pump go bad that fast?
Obviously when radiator was replaced the fan wasnt replaced.
I dont know anything about cars...so u have to bare with me.
when my car does overheat when i crank the heat on the temp goes down. Does that mean anything?
Old 07-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

Thank u so much! Just found the phone #!!
Old 07-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

I got it done by Acura in July of 2016.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Intermediate

I dont know what a relay is? LOL
Old 07-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Safety Car

Stop replying to stuff! You're making this more difficult to follow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 TL KEEPS OVERHEATING NO MATTER WHAT i DO!!