2007 TL-S, windows don't roll up with key in the door.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 TL-S, windows don't roll up with key in the door.

Hello Everyone. i have an issue with my 2007 TL-S. when i put the key in the driver door key-hole; turning the key counter clockwise twice, should roll up the windows and close the sun roof; if these are open. but it's not doing this. Rolling down the windows with the remote does work. I brought my car to the Acura dealer and they're not sure what the issue may be; they'll have to rip apart the door panel and who knows what else, to try to diagnose the issue. My service adviser suggested; it might not be worth the hassle of trying to fix it. and to be honest, i don't trust them much; have had bad experience with them. They never put everything back the way it should be. I know this it's not a big deal but this used to work fine before and now it doesn't. i figured i ask you guys if any one has any idea what the issue may be; or if they had any similar issues with their TL; how they fixed it? Something else i noticed; my number 2 key-fob doesn't work; i tried to unlock the car using the remote and it did not work. Remote battery is good. i then put the key in the driver door key hole to open the car and the alarm when off; i am able to start the car with key. i understand that the remote might need to be reprogram and maybe that's why it did not unlocked the car; but why did the alarm when off when i used the key to open the car?

any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated. thank you all in advance.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 PM
00g
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to give you false hope for a solution with a reply that doesn't offer one.

But, I had no idea the car did that. I'll have to give that a shot.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I am having the same issue here. No need to take the door apart. Just need to reprogram it. I did it before but forgot how.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM
WDP Group!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
reprograming the door? does this apply for the actual unlocking of the door aswell? cuz mine wont do either
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Intermediate

Hi... sorry i didn't reply back sooner; been very busy at work.. THTL, i know i don't need to remove the door panel to reprogram the remote. the issue is.. to diagnose the problem; the dealer will have to do this; to find out where the issue is. i was hoping; maybe someone here have had this issue and could give me any suggestions as to what to look for; or what to check before i let the dealer mess around with my car. but thank you for your input. much appreciate it.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Deezy ™

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
As long as the immobilizer is programmed (by dealer or locksmith), which obviously yours is since it will start the car, you can program the rest of the fob functions yourself if you want to.

I am unsure if this will fix your roll up issue, it may it may not ... but I would think this would fix the key fob 2 issue.

Here are instructions for programming your fob:

http://www.fastlineperformance.com/f...MilledKeys.pdf
Old 07-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by rbgilparra
Hello Everyone. i have an issue with my 2007 TL-S. when i put the key in the driver door key-hole; turning the key counter clockwise twice, should roll up the windows and close the sun roof; if these are open. but it's not doing this........
stupid question, but are you holding the key to the right on the second turn?
Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

Hi guys..thank you for your replies.. appreciate the help. i took the car to the dealer today for something else; so i decide to have them check why the fob 2 set off the alarm. i brought in all my keys.. lol.. service adviser thought it was weird the alarm when when i opened the door with fob #2 in the door. we'll see what they come up with.

in regards to trying to roll up the windows.. i turn the key counter clok wise twice, then on the second try i hold it.. to the left. this should roll up the windows. still not working... already tried with all keys..

i'll let you guys know how it goes after dealer visit..

thank you all again for your replies.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
you're right.........it is to the left. I could have sworn it was to the right, but I haven't used that feature in so long because of my "shaved " keyhole mod. I had to try it on my Ody to remember which way to turn.