2007 Acura TL blowing white smoke

Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 PM
7TL
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Acura TL blowing white smoke

Its very faint. Not much of it, but its coming from the exhaust once its been running for a little while. The only reason it really concerns me is it has a weird sweet smell. I'm guessing similar to that which is usually associated with a failed head gasket. I don't see any issues in the coolant reservoir or any milkiness in the oil/dipstick.

Is there anything else this could be? I really am not looking forward to the idea of an expensive repair now as I was just looking at selling the car a few weeks ago and now I noticed this.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:15 AM
7th Gear

hmmm seems like the same trouble i had, only when i started the engine a little bit of white smoke has come,(not sure sure how do you say it english)"rectification"my mechanic told me this engines only can be rectificated once,cause the head could only be at some millimiters or whatever (sorry for my english)head gasket, and some special....hmmm not sure how you said it( (pasta de grafito) spanish))

greeetings
Old 04-21-2017, 06:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Coolant level dropping? If so, it's going somewhere.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Sweet smelling white exhaust....you have coolant getting into the cylinder somewhere....

Keep a very close eye on your coolant levels. Also, you can pull your plugs to check their condition as well as see if a piston is all nice and shiny.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:55 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Jackass
Sweet smelling white exhaust....you have coolant getting into the cylinder somewhere....

Keep a very close eye on your coolant levels. Also, you can pull your plugs to check their condition as well as see if a piston is all nice and shiny.
Can you expand on this please? I have the same issue without the sweet smell, coolant level hasnt moved so far in 3 days. Thanks
Old 05-30-2017, 03:14 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Sweet smelling white exhaust is most likely a faulty head gasket, coolant is getting into the cylinders and burning, it doesn't take much to smoke either, you might not notice your coolant dropping for a while, but some of the coolant will leak past your rings and also contaminate your oil. Check your dipstick. If your oil has a caramelized looking color to it, you have a leaky head gasket. I would get it looked at ASAP.

Search this Thread