AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   2006 TL blown transmission (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/2006-tl-blown-transmission-944263/)

19moe78 04-13-2016 04:14 PM

2006 TL blown transmission

What's the fastest way to remove the Tranny but I also don't wanna drop the subframe. Can it be done without removing the subframe or at least droppin the subframe on the drivers side only. Thx acurazine members

csmeance 04-13-2016 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 19moe78 (Post 15726445)
What's the fastest way to remove the Tranny but I also don't wanna drop the subframe. Can it be done without removing the subframe or at least droppin the subframe on the drivers side only. Thx acurazine members

Dropping the subframe is th easiest way to do it. Draw the outline of where it is on the car before removal with a sharpie or wax marker. Remove the subframe and when reinstalling look at the guide marks you made earlier.

Don't think you can drop it only on one side.

19moe78 04-14-2016 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 15726708)
Dropping the subframe is th easiest way to do it. Draw the outline of where it is on the car before removal with a sharpie or wax marker. Remove the subframe and when reinstalling look at the guide marks you made earlier.

Don't think you can drop it only on one side.

I'm gonna take the engine and tranny out from the top it look to be a lot less work and would make bolting a tranny up easy. Thx for the reply.

bassix67 04-19-2016 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 19moe78 (Post 15726746)
I'm gonna take the engine and tranny out from the top it look to be a lot less work and would make bolting a tranny up easy. Thx for the reply.

I'm in the middle of swapping my trans. Taking the subframe is the easiest.

musiclevelz5 04-19-2016 02:53 PM

I dont believe you can take the engine and trans bolted up together out the top. But be my guest and try.

Removal of the subframe is mandatory to take out the trans from the bottom.

19moe78 04-25-2016 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by musiclevelz5 (Post 15730952)
I dont believe you can take the engine and trans bolted up together out the top. But be my guest and try.

Removal of the subframe is mandatory to take out the trans from the bottom.

It can be removed from the top u have to remove the oil filter housing a it gives the room needed to take them out together from the top.

tjmoneybags 05-27-2016 12:23 PM

Did you complete this? I am getting ready to swap in a reman trans. want to know what I'm getting into. Also since i need to do a timing belt simultaneously, wondering if your method would be easier considering that labor as well.

flyromeo3 05-27-2016 07:59 PM

Which this video. It shows EricTheCarGuy pulling the engine from top.
There are 4 parts to it.

tjmoneybags 06-01-2016 10:45 PM

Thanks, I watched all 4 videos. I think that helped a lot. He mentioned you could go up or down with it but that it looked easier in that case to go up due to the car being a MT. I am still debating dropping out the bottom and wish there were pics of that as well. I've just only worked on V8 RWD cars, so curious what to expect. I have access to a nice shop with a lift. any advice helps.

19moe78 06-08-2016 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by tjmoneybags (Post 15763597)
Did you complete this? I am getting ready to swap in a reman trans. want to know what I'm getting into. Also since i need to do a timing belt simultaneously, wondering if your method would be easier considering that labor as well.

Yes I did took the engine and Tranny out from the top. Yes it was easier having everything on the ground todo whatever I needed done. If I was you I would pull them out together from the top.