2006 Acura TL alarm goes off and interior lights keep blinking and doors wont unlock

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 01:24 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2006 Acura TL alarm goes off and interior lights keep blinking and doors wont unlock

Hello, so I have a problem with my sisters 2006 acura tl, sometimes at night or even during the day the alarm will randomly go off especially when it's raining. And also when you open the hood you can hear a loud ticking noise in the fuse box or near it and the interior lights blink randomly. After every time i park the car i disconnect the battery so that the alarm wouldn't go off. And also I've notice that even after a long time parked the engine area stays very hot. I have no idea what the problem could be, i thought maybe the battery needs to be changed but haven't tried that yet. If there is anyone out there that could give advice or a solution then that would be great!! thank you
Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
The alarm is going off bc one of the activation switch is setting it off. The switch is either out of adjustment or defective..

There are 7 switches that will set the allarm off. The radio, doors, hood, and trunk.

Since you mentioned that the interior lamp is blinking I would start there. Look for a loose door pin switch? The pin switch is what turns on the interior lamp when you open the door.

Set the interior lamp to the door setting and make sure the lamp is lite when a door is open. With all doors closed, open and close one door at a time. The interior light should go out promptly once door is close. Next check the pin switch by hand to make sure that it's working properly.

Next check the hood and the trunk latch. Set the alarm with the remote. Once armed grab the hood by the front edge and pull up n down on the hood to see if the alarm will go off? Do the same with the trunk.

If there's nothing obvious then I would start disconnecting the electrical wire to the hood and truck latch. Start at the trunk bc is readily accessible. To fine it just follow the wire coming out of the left hinge in to the left side of the trunk. There should be a plug there some where. Just disconnect it. Once disconnected leave it overnight to see if the alarm goes off.

Note: be sure to test the emergency trunk release to make sure that it works prior to disconnecting the trunk latch connector. I wouldn't want you to lock yourself out.

Rinse and repeat for the hood latch if necessary. The connector for that is close to yhe latch under the radiator support/plastic finish panel. Just follow the hood latch wire.

Note: Do not disconnect the hood release cable by accident.

Is there anything weird going on with the radio?

You should get the battery tested just incase it's on the way out. I suspect it is weak due to the alarm going off so much.

Last edited by 01acls; 11-03-2015 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all the info, I'll try changing the battery today and see if that fixes the problem. I just don't really want to mess around with the wires in the car so i'll take it to an electrician I know near me.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My alarm went off radomly for about a week, I changed the battery and it fixed the problem