2005 Acura TL electrical problems/ turn signals,high beams seat belt indicator etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Acura TL electrical problems/ turn signals,high beams seat belt indicator etc

I have a 2005 ACURA TL and I went to drive it to work this morning and I noticed my seatbelt indicator wasn't telling me to put it on so I just put it on without thinking twice and then I looked at my dash and saw the headlight indicator wasn't on although the headlights were but the bad part was when I went to change lanes tried using my turn signal and it wouldn't come on and my windshield wipers won't work except for the highest setting neither will my high beams(headlights),driver side door lock passenger side unlock does but lock doesn't and my outside temperature gauge don't work I've checked all fuses and tried unplugging the door wiring connections because i seen someone put it online that it worked so I tried but it didn't do anything but this evening I went to check and everything was working fine but I turned it off and went to try it again and it stopped I'm very frustrated and confused I've been having problems every other week from this car but I haven't even had it a half a year yet I just want to figure out why I've been getting multiple electronical problems out of this car

Old 10-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

This thread has been moved to the model specific forum for better response.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Does no one use punctuation anymore?
The following users liked this post:
Jackass (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Joecop67
Does no one use punctuation anymore?
Must be related to the electrical issues.

OP, have you checked to see if the ECU shows signs of water damage?

Isn't there a BCM somewhere?? Can't remember if that was this car or a previous car....but maybe a BCM that controls some of those other functions???

Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
Try a new battery.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:46 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jackass
Must be related to the electrical issues.

OP, have you checked to see if the ECU shows signs of water damage?

Isn't there a BCM somewhere?? Can't remember if that was this car or a previous car....but maybe a BCM that controls some of those other functions???

im not exactly sure what you’re talking about. But I have had a scan tool hooked up to it and it was giving a code saying the rear o2 sensor wasn’t meeting it’s threshold whatever that means and I’ve run vin number checks and nothing ever comes up about water damage this car has all kinds of electrical problems so many I can’t ever remember to tell someone I haven’t had it long I financed it in June with a local dealer and it didn’t have any of these problems when I first got it until a couple months later I’m not very bright when it comes to working on automobiles or electrical problems my father went to college for electrical engineering and he has no idea he thinks it’s water damage but the car wasn’t salvaged so I’m just not sure I appreciate the help everyone
Old 12-21-2018, 03:46 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Try a new battery.
i actually went and got a new one the other day and nothing changed
Old 12-21-2018, 03:54 PM
4th Gear

I had a belt break on my front tire and found out that one of my wheels are warped and they were out of alignment and the other three tires need replaced and it's been acting weird electrically and I had to replace the battery tonight but thank god the alternator is still good but I think the cars CPU is messed up bc it's giving codes for stuff that isn't even messed up this is going to be long but I'm going to tell you everything that happened first the key fob won't stay connected after you link it. At first it will act like it will work by making the lock sound but it won't lock then you go to press it again and it wont work then two months ago I was going to work early morning whilst it was raining a little bit went to go use my wipers and nothing happened and I looked down and it didn't show my headlight indicator so I thought that's weird then I started to think I didn't have my seatbelt on but it wasn't beeping like it always does and I went to change lanes but there wasn't any blinkers didn't make a sound or nothing but the emergency flashers worked and another time I was going to get something out of my trunk and I unlocked my door with my hands not thinking about the fact it won't unlock using the door buttons I guess it's stuck or the electrical part of the lock don't work but anyways it made the car think it should be locked and in anti-theft mode and I opened my door and the alarm went off so I tried everything but couldn't get it to go off so I unplugged the terminal on the battery after I let it sit for an hour I plugged it back up but it didn't go off so I thought that was good until I went to leave and I couldn't get the shifter out of park after hours of trying to find out wth was going on I used the override button on the side of the shifter and it would work until I put it back in park then I'd have to do it again I looked online why it was doing that and found out my tail lights weren't working either and it said to replace the brake light switch when I went to look at it it was unplugged so I plugged it back in and it worked just fine lights came back on and the shifter would work with out the override button but then next morning it wouldn't go out of gear again when I looked at the brake light switch again it was plugged in but wasn't working after I had a friend of mine who is going to school to be a mechanic said he had never heard of such a thing was testing my electrical currents and seeing if there was a short after awhile he found the horn fuse in the fuse box was fried so I replaced it and it's worked since but if the alarm ever goes off again that fuse will blow instantly and I have yet to figure that out yet and also the windows have the auto up-down feature and if there is something in the way as it's rolling up it will recognize the object and go back down like if a child's hand was in the window it wouldn't crush it but on the passenger side it does it even when there's nothing in the way and when it's not even half way up I'm guessing that's what that is something with the auto feature on that particular door and that's all I can think of right now I'm sure there's something else I forgot about.... this is a message I sent to a friend asking about the car I didn’t feel like typing it all out again so I just copy and pasted it that’s everything I can think of at the moment