100k Miles, A/C Problems, other recommended maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
100k Miles, A/C Problems, other recommended maintenance?

As summer starts, it appears that I'll be heading to the garage. My A/C isn't working and the charge kit didn't help. I have also had some issues with the electronics since I had my bluetooth unit disconnected (it was slowly draining my battery when the car was off and I didn't feel like spending $400 on a new unit that I hardly use). Since then, the doors don't all unlock when I open the driver side door like they used to, and some other random issues.

Since I have to go to the shop anyway, I'm thinking about the different things I should have them do while I'm there. Is there any recommended maintenance I should be doing at 100k miles? Tires and brakes should still be good, I replaced them both a year and a half ago. Anything else?
Old 04-18-2016, 12:07 PM
UA9 SH-AWD

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Did you get your A/C checked at the dealer? Wow that's pretty odd about your electronics there, not good. I would not know what would be causing your doors not to unlock. =(

In the other hand I would suggest timing belt with a new belt tensioner, and water pump, also by 100k new spark plugs. I did all that on my TL when it had 93k and still runs great now at 166k.
The following users liked this post:
Rise 08TL (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SoL_TeK
Did you get your A/C checked at the dealer? Wow that's pretty odd about your electronics there, not good. I would not know what would be causing your doors not to unlock. =(

In the other hand I would suggest timing belt with a new belt tensioner, and water pump, also by 100k new spark plugs. I did all that on my TL when it had 93k and still runs great now at 166k.
Thanks, those are good suggestions. Did you do your work at a dealership? I don't trust the local Honda dealership and the nearest Acura dealership is an hour drive. Pain in the ass.

The downside of going to a non-dealership location is I feel its less likely the electronic issues will be easily resolved. Upside is probably price - local dealership wants $150 just to diagnose the A/C
Old 04-18-2016, 12:27 PM
UA9 SH-AWD

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey, your welcome. Well when I had an A/C issue I went to the nearby Acura dealer and the tech was great he took me to the shop and showed me my car needed a new A/C Valve and Freon recharge and my car has been great since then A/C wise.

Wow man that sucks! where you live? I would only go to my local Acura dealer, not a Honda dealer out here locally since I knew people that worked at both local Honda dealers and wouldn't suggest service for an Acura there, and for my timing belt I knew a tech that worked at that Acura dealer years back, and he got me the parts at cost and he installed them at his friends shop years back.

Oh wow $150 to diagnose the issue! That's insane, the Acura Dealer I went to, they checked it out for me as I asked them about the issue while I serviced my car for an quick oil change, and I didn't see no charge for diagnostic. In that case I would look at Honda dealers to see which one has great customer service plus wants your business at a reasonable price.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Amazon.com: Aisin TKH-002 Engine Timing Belt Kit with Water Pump: Automotive Amazon.com: Aisin TKH-002 Engine Timing Belt Kit with Water Pump: Automotive

get some ngk iridium x 6 spark plugs / gaskets / brakes & fluid / engine oil/ filter/ tranny/ coolant/ power steering / air filters (cabin also)

i did the "105K" maintenance at 100k and spent about $700 (the average) buying all the oem parts and then taking it to my mechanic.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jkopuffs
Amazon.com: Aisin TKH-002 Engine Timing Belt Kit with Water Pump: Automotive

get some ngk iridium x 6 spark plugs / gaskets / brakes & fluid / engine oil/ filter/ tranny/ coolant/ power steering / air filters (cabin also)

i did the "105K" maintenance at 100k and spent about $700 (the average) buying all the oem parts and then taking it to my mechanic.
Awesome, I will try and do this. Any other specific Amazon links, by chance?