08 TL-S 6SPM Serious steering wheel and alignment problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 TL-S 6SPM Serious steering wheel and alignment problem.

Hey guys someone please tell me they have an idea whats wrong?!

So I just recently had the breaks and tires replaced. I know that these cannot be the issues.

So here we go. When I drive the car I notice there is a small amount of torque steer on casual driving to the right side. When coming to a stop the steering wheel will slowly motion to the right almost clicking in each movement. So the steering wheel will turn to the right when coming to a stop or parking the car. When I re adjust the wheel back to straight forward it struggles to stay straight ahead. When I get on the gas hard from say a 30 roll in 2nd gear the car will jump hard to the right if I don't fight it by holding the wheel. I have had the alignment done and re-checked about a week ago and this problem still exists.

I have a AEM CAI, Mid muffler delete and Tein basic Coilovers which were installed about a year ago. The car was involved in a small accident around 8-10 mph where the front end got smashed but not frame damage just parts. The car was fixed by Acura of Boston so I trust their work. I have also began to notice that the wheel is now susceptible to bumps in the road, pulling very hard to where small bumps in the road lay. I do not have a camber kit and the car is dropped about 2 in all the way around.

This is driving me insane and I am worried something is seriously wrong. I spoke to many people none of which could give me an explanation except for one. A friend of mine suggested that the "cradle alignment" may be off which is causing the pull.

If anyone has any idea please help. I am worried that something could be seriously wrong in which case I might have to get rid of the car. Thank you and open to any suggestions for fixing it!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by swix9925
Hey guys someone please tell me they have an idea whats wrong?!

So I just recently had the breaks and tires replaced. I know that these cannot be the issues.
Does it pull to the side when you're coasting too? If it happened right after the brake job, it certainly could be a brake issue. A dragging caliper would make it always pull to the side it is on. I had a bad brake hose cause a wheel to almost lock up one time on a Dodge p/u. You would probably smell it/ see it(dust) by now though.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Cruisin'

No its been going on for a little while now I would say about 3 months. The rotors are fine as well not warped and the car was inspected by Acura but they said they cannot touch under warranty because of my coil overs.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Advanced

What typically makes a vehicle pull to one side or the other is not alignment but a difference in rolling resistance between the left and right.If it happens all the time(accelerating,coasting,braking), suspect something that is always turning(wheel bearing,low tire pressure,intermediate shaft bearing,caliper dragging). If it happens only when braking, it's something with the brakes(one side not applying maybe)
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jpoole
What typically makes a vehicle pull to one side or the other is not alignment but a difference in rolling resistance between the left and right.If it happens all the time(accelerating,coasting,braking), suspect something that is always turning(wheel bearing,low tire pressure,intermediate shaft bearing,caliper dragging). If it happens only when braking, it's something with the brakes(one side not applying maybe)

Check the tire air pressure. That's the first thought for me.