07 Type S Build Quality

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
07 NBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Type S Build Quality

I was cleaning the interior for the first time and, jeez, I can't believe the shoddy worksmanship in this car. The panels weren't put in place properly. The most noticeable place was on the passenger side where the alluminum meets the top of the bottom panel. When I opened the passenger door, I noticed that there is a big gap between the two parts - and I could see that there's cotton-like white stuff inside.

Wow. After spending $53K Canadian on car, I would be expecting much better than this.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
My 06 TL has this same area that has that gap.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
That is bad. The knee panel has gap on mine too. I thought someone didn't install it correctly, but I just can't get it to line up properly without the gap.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
After I noticed the gap couple weeks ago, I went straight to the dealer and checked about 10 TL’s 2006 – guess what – ALL of them had the same gap. Out of curiosity I checked only one 2004 and the gap was almost non existent and the silver trim between the doors and the dashboard lined up properly
Old 01-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
You know I am convinced Honda sucks at Year 1 and I assume refresh or new modle variations are the same. BAsically anything different int he car means that is liekly to be liek a year 1 component. I had an 04 TL which I dubbed the Haunted House due to all the squeaks and rattle. My 06 TL was great, but now I have a 07 TL and I guess the new dash needs some work, annoying rattles from behind tach area that I have been working on for 2 days now. The Japanese makers have lost their edge in trying to keep their cars cost competitive. I briefly had an 07 Camry Hybrid and its fit and finish on the interior was horrible. I may head back to Infiniti in the future, owned a year 1 (2000 I30) and it was great compared to Honda and Toyota year one.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
10th Gear

Found 2 annoyances the other day:

The front door panels, driver and passenger, will move when the window is opened from a fully closed position or when you close it all the way.

The middle hinge for the front door attached to the metal body of the car will bend slightly when you open the door all the way. This may weaken over time if stressed too often.

Does this happen on your cars as well?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KeithL
You know I am convinced Honda sucks at Year 1 and I assume refresh or new modle variations are the same. BAsically anything different int he car means that is liekly to be liek a year 1 component. I had an 04 TL which I dubbed the Haunted House due to all the squeaks and rattle. My 06 TL was great, but now I have a 07 TL and I guess the new dash needs some work, annoying rattles from behind tach area that I have been working on for 2 days now. The Japanese makers have lost their edge in trying to keep their cars cost competitive. I briefly had an 07 Camry Hybrid and its fit and finish on the interior was horrible. I may head back to Infiniti in the future, owned a year 1 (2000 I30) and it was great compared to Honda and Toyota year one.
Don't blame this stuff on the Japanese, your car was assembled by american automakers My 06TL which was built in Ohio has numerous rattles...while my brother's TSX (built in Japan) is rattle free!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got this one annoying rattle on the drivers side. I dont know if its coming from the panel, dash or steering wheel area but that sh!t is annoying.
Imma try to take it to the dealership this weekend.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Pro

I guess I got lucky. Mine is ten times better than my 05 was. i even have mine dropped and don't get near the rattles i used to. just a curiosity question... do any of you guys have a car with a VIN starting with a J? so far everyone I have seen has been a 1 which is a USA production.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
07 NBP TL-S

A few rattles have developed since I got the car in November. Nothing special, the usual rattles - subwoofer deck, something near the instrument cluster, and somewhere near the drivers seatbelt.

The only one that really annoyed me was the subwoofer, but the dealer has foamed the deck. It seems that it doesn't rattle as much now...

On another note - after I got the car back and tested the sub, it was still rattling. I went back and the service guy asked me if I was listening to any Akon songs. I wasn't sure, so he hopped in my car, and we found all the Akon songs and sure enough they all rattled the woofer when turned up. He said that for some reason, Akon songs rattle the rear deck, and almost all of the rattle complaints stem from the person listening to his songs. I found that quite weird. Mind you, no song should make a system rattle like that, but..../shrug.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NVMYT
Don't blame this stuff on the Japanese, your car was assembled by american automakers My 06TL which was built in Ohio has numerous rattles...while my brother's TSX (built in Japan) is rattle free!

Ditto. My sister has an '06 TSX that is rattle free. My '06 TL sounds has rattle all over the freaken place. As a matter of fact it is at the Dealer ship at this very moment getting some rattles taken care of. The gave me an '06 RL as a loaner... not impressed. I think this TL may be my last ACURA.