07 type s 5at repairs/build advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 11:20 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 type s 5at repairs/build advice needed

Hey guys 143k miles on the clock
car was running bad so took it to get diagnosed and got the following repairs needed:
tires , front and rear brakes, front and rear rotors, lower control arms right and left, r&r f control arm both lower, complete strut assembly, r&r rear strut both, f complete strut assembly, r&r front strut assembly both.
that’s what the mechanic at discount tire said it’s going to take to get it running good again. I don’t really know what all that means but I’m trying to fix and build my car at the same time. I’m not trying to build a race car but want to tastefully upgrade the things I need where needed. Everything on the car is stock I’ve put about 4k miles on it and the guy I bought it from said he did a lot to get it running good. Yes I abused the car now I’m stuck with repairs and am dealing with it like an adult. I have an extra car to drive so everything doesn’t have to be asap. I was wondering if you guys could help recommend some parts that would be good for a tastefully upgraded build that’s mostly for regular commuting. All I know is that I’m thinking of getting tein advance coilovers and the rest I don’t know anything about modding cars. Please help me guys I humbly ask you I have about 2000$ to get started what do you recommend? Feel free to email or message, I can upload any pics you want, and all input is welcomed. I tried to order a tsudo exhaust+ j pipe but can’t get them in Cali. Might be willing to part with oem rims + oem exhaust. Thanks. I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong place.

type s down for now