2008 TL Auto rev limit?

Old 04-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Acura Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 TL Auto rev limit?

I have a 2008 TL auto and when the vehicle is in 5th gear it will not rev past 2500 rpms no matter how hard I press the peddle. At first I thought it was only doing that while in the manual mode but that is not the case. If I'm going at a higher speed that would require the car to go above 2500 rpms when in 5th the car will downshift to 4th and continue from there. I bought the car a year ago and it never dawned on me that it wasn't going past 2500 rpms while in 5th until recently but it has been doing that since I bought the car. If anyone knows the issue I'm having and any fix that would be amazing. It doesn't really affect my daily driving since the fastest I typically go is 80-85 mph on the highway but I would like to get this fixed!
Old 04-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Sounds like app sensor if I'm not mistaken. Do a search on it here and see if you have same results
Old 10-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Acura Member

Finally got back from deployment and was able to swap out the app sensor with a brand new one and it's still having the same problem. It does feel a little more responsive but that could be because I tightened up the throttle cable cause it had a decent amount of slack. Any other thoughts?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 645 Likes on 347 Posts
I don't know but, would this have anything to do with the gear pressure switches. I'm not a gear head so only throwing out things I've read that could contribute to symptoms like this.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Acura Member

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
I don't know but, would this have anything to do with the gear pressure switches. I'm not a gear head so only throwing out things I've read that could contribute to symptoms like this.
I'm not too mechanically inclined on cars other than basic maintenance so I wouldn't be able to say for sure. But from what I've read and know from personal experience, the 3rd and 4th pressure switches wouldn't have anything to do with the car not revving past a certain amount... Maybe if the car was shifting super hard into 5th then I would definitely say the pressure switches might need to be changed
Old 10-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Acura Member

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
I'll look into it though as I'm kind of out of options and I just want this problem fixed

Search this Thread