AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   07 TL-s, DEAD BATTERY, again, and again, and again (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/07-tl-s-dead-battery-again-again-again-618244/)

miclado 05-09-2007 04:16 AM

07 TL-s, DEAD BATTERY, again, and again, and again

car has under 3000 miles.. parked in the parking garage at the airport in late march, :what: lights off, no aftermarket accessories, etc.. returned after a long weekend and the battery is completely dead. i called roadside assistance and they arrived about 40 minutes later with a jump box ( i must say i was impressed with the response time)... so i drive home and everything is great.. next morning get in the car, start it up no problem, XM radio is not working. if i press the audio button on the screen, the XM 'tabs' are not even there. accurlink also gets fishy and wont work. finally after about two weeks of driving the car everyday, the XM magically decides to being working again. at the same time the acuralink, tells me the airbags cannot function because the battery system is not normal. (i live about 2 hours from an acura dealer and have not had time to take the car in, though i feel like they should come pick it up, no charge) soooo.... it happened again, battery dead after not driving the car for two days.... then again..... this past weekend, stranded at the airport. any ideas on whats going on... and why my XM stops working??

-sNaFu* 05-09-2007 04:31 AM

I think it's time to get to the dealer because an '07 w/ 3000 miles should not be having that many problems. Possibly a lemon if the problems continue. It doesn't sound good at all.

SouthernBoy 05-09-2007 04:51 AM

Is your outside temperature displaying flatlines?

miclado 05-09-2007 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Is your outside temperature displaying flatlines?

nope, outside temp display working fine

rbf351 05-09-2007 06:39 AM

the battery is under warranty, so bring it to the dealer

if it happens again after the new battery, then your alternator is shot.

either way both items are covered

ggesq 05-09-2007 07:11 AM

^^^ i agree, it's certainly time to take it to the dealer. i had a problem w/ the battery in my 05 but i didn't have the other problems you were talking about. dealer replaced the battery under warranty- no hassles and no problems.

ankur914 05-09-2007 07:16 AM

As everyone has said, go to the dealer, but insist on having them check out the entire car including XM, electical system, etc....it may be that something (for example, the clock (not blaming the clock)) is sucking more juice from the battery than it should be...

dragncivic 05-09-2007 07:16 AM

same thing happened to me...... battery died at about 7000 miles.....i called roadside assistance they came jumped my car..... car had started but all my dash lights came on....so i drove it straight to the dealer...they told me it was my battery...it was the delco battery.... the ones that have been giving them the problems with the RL...... they changed the battery and cleared my codes....and had been perfect ever since!!!

BustedJack 05-09-2007 09:39 AM

http://www.lemon-law.tv/images/lemon-law-pic.jpg

miclado 05-09-2007 10:32 AM

oh the lemon... great, makes me feel good

rbf351 05-09-2007 10:47 AM

since you've never been to the dealer about this issue, the lemon law doesn't apply

coming here, and complaining doesn't do anything for you or your car

you need to have documentation that the car was in for the same exact problem 3 times(or whatever your state calls for) and that it can not be repaired.

FromEX2TSX 05-09-2007 10:52 AM

Dearler is your Friend.

Well maybe they are not your friend, but like the man said, either a dead battery or an alternator problem are both covered so stop being lazy and hit the dealers. They may even give you a loaner TL-S.

johnny--2k 05-09-2007 11:02 AM

probably just a bad battery like everyone else has said. Do you know if that car was sitting in the showroom perhaps before you bought it? If it was, those batteries get drained and juiced so many times, they go out the window pretty quick.

Nonetheless, just ask them to look at it, and it will be fixed, no questions asked.

Sammy555 05-09-2007 02:35 PM

Yeah, it sounds like a bad battery or something wrong with the electrical system which is excessively draining down your battery even when you've turned everything off and removed the key. Take it to your dealer to have everything (battery and electrical system) completely checked out. If they're a reputable dealer, they should be embarrassed that you had these problems with such a new car and do everything possible to make things right. Let us know how it goes.

Trackruner228 05-09-2007 03:00 PM

Can you not take it to a honda dealer thats close by?

bocvos 05-09-2007 05:46 PM

Don't use your alarm

I experienced a dead battery at the airport and figured out that the noise/vibration of the planes landing and taking off was setting off the car alarm constantly.

I am not sure of your parking situation at your airport, but if you think your car would be exposed to vibrations then don't lock your car with your fob which activates the car alarm - use your key only, which locks the doors but does not activate the alarm.

While I hope this helps you, many of us have reported problems with the OEM batteries.

rbf351 05-09-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by bocvos
I experienced a dead battery at the airport and figured out that the noise/vibration of the planes landing and taking off was setting off the car alarm constantly.

I am not sure of your parking situation at your airport, but if you think your car would be exposed to vibrations then don't lock your car with your fob which activates the car alarm - use your key only, which locks the doors but does not activate the alarm.

While I hope this helps you, many of us have reported problems with the OEM batteries.

the OEM alarm/keyless entry does not have any type of shock sensor. So not using it would be pointless

260 HP 05-09-2007 07:33 PM

Besides the only way to not use the alarm is by NOT locking the car. That will be real secure.

groovyone789 05-09-2007 08:10 PM

I have an 07 TL-S. I got a carwash on a real cold day in January. Came home and couldn't start it the next morning. I park in a heated garage. No lights were working on the car at all. I thought maybe the people turned on one of the lights, that wasn't the case. Still not sure what happened really.

Just a hunch. Open up your pass-through to the trunk and see if the light is on with the car off. That might be what's draining the battery.

After I jumped my car (i have a portable jumper and was in my garage), I had to enter all of the radio codes again before the XM tabs would work. You might want to get a jumper/charger, disconnect the battery from the car, and charge it up all the way. Then enter all of the codes and such and see if it works then.

I haven't had a problem since then, and my car starts quicker/easier now. I think my battery may have never just been totally charged and i think the portable chargers do a better job.

sudolg 05-10-2007 02:23 PM

They had to jump my car when I bought it on the lot. I was not happy. The reason is they should have done it right and charged the battery first instead of jumping. After a week the battery still showed as low voltage until I removed it and charged it the right way. I would have them replace it if possible.