07 tl. non-navi to navi conversion. HFL/Navi Guidance Prompt Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 tl. non-navi to navi conversion. HFL/Navi Guidance Prompt Problem

Just did the non-navi to navi conversion. Everything is installed properly. Everything works properly. However, the problem that Im having is when I hang up a call after using my HFL, the guidance prompt on my navi wont work. When I press the steering wheel button for the guidance prompt a message pops up on my navi saying "cannot perform function while another system is using audio system" or something like that. Anyone else have this issue? I bought all parts from Martin in NJ. He also made the wire harness for everything to be hooked up. He also performed the install. I asked him what the problem might be, he told me to upgrade the navi disc. Havent received the navi disc yet, but when I do, I'll check to see if that fixes the problem. His only other solution was to unplug the the connector on my Nav Drive that connects the HFL to the Nav, therefore I would lose the option to just dial a number of a destination nearby straight from the navi.

Also, I dont have the xm nav traffic version. Just the base navi.

I was just wondering if there was any possible fix for this...

thanks!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have encountered the issue b4, I have an 06 with the 07 100% completed conversion. I did all myself. The only time i have this issue is when ive hit the buttons for the HFL to use with a phone call etc.. ive tried to hit the navi guidance button and that msg pops up. I found you must be sure u have hit the back button on the HFL until your totally out of the HFL, once i do that the navi guidance works fine.

P.s. I have the 2010 4.81a navi disc avail if you want it.. email or pm about. In fact, ill send u a pm in regard to.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Advanced

I've pressed the back button, end call button, etc but to no avail. It seems that I have to restart the car to get it to reset. When I perform the diagnostic check the hfl and xm box is red. Martin said that was normal. I don't believe that, however he dais everything is hooked up right...

I think something isn't hooked up right. But don't know where to start looking.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Ok so after double checking the diagnostic screen the meter, a/c, xm, and hfl boxes are all red. A/C works perfectly fine so I don't know why that's red. Don't know what the meter box is. But I think the problem is the xm because the hfl goes though the xm box on the diagnostic screen..