06/TL Nav. Start up problem!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06/TL Nav. Start up problem!

Hi,
Has anyone experienced this? I have an 06/TL with Nav. & at this time I am having problem starting up the car but after several attempts, it will start up. So far I have brought the car to 2 acura dealerships and all they are telling me is that "The technicians have diagnosed your car and they could not find anything the car start up normally" And I know I am having this problem for a while now and the thing is, you cannot tell exactely when it is happen....at this time the car is sitting at the dealer and they are trying to have the problem duplicated so that they can find out what's exactely the problem. Can anyone help if you have experienced this in the past? I do not know what to do so far....
Old 10-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Intermediate

Make sure you have gas that is good qaulity, I went thru this and since hondas run so lean poor gas will cause hard starts
Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
check the battery, it can run low and then when you drive to the dealer, it recharges and can't be duplicated.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
10th Gear

Question starting the car

I have had my 2007 AT TL for 8 months now. On two separate occasions, when I try to start the car, the key will not turn in the ignition. My foot is on the brake but the brake does not depress and the key does not turn in the ignition. I wait a few moments and slowly turn the key again and the key begins to turn and the brake will then depress and the car starts. Anyone ever have this occur? Otherwise, the car is trouble free and usually starts up fine.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by longbeach
I have had my 2007 AT TL for 8 months now. On two separate occasions, when I try to start the car, the key will not turn in the ignition. My foot is on the brake but the brake does not depress and the key does not turn in the ignition. I wait a few moments and slowly turn the key again and the key begins to turn and the brake will then depress and the car starts. Anyone ever have this occur? Otherwise, the car is trouble free and usually starts up fine.
You don't need to have your foot on the brake for the key to turn, and the brake pedal will drop as the car is started because of vacuum in the power brake booster.
As far as the key not turning, next time try moving the steering wheel slightly, especially if you parked the car with the wheels not in the straight ahead position.

For the OE post, I'd start with a battery load test, which I'm certain they will do. That will determine the battery charge, then go from that point. Either a new battery is needed or yhere is some other problem.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
2nd Gear

It happen again and I had to tow the car to the dealer and few hours later, they told me that they were finally able to experience the problem. They reached the conclusion that my fuel pump was not good and they replaced it., and the technician has kept the car for an additional 24h to make sure that it is happening again. I just got the car back from them and so far the problem is not happening yet...and hopefully this was the main reason for the start up problem.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Cruisin'

it should be the battery!

Originally Posted by bibskin
Hi,
Has anyone experienced this? I have an 06/TL with Nav. & at this time I am having problem starting up the car but after several attempts, it will start up. So far I have brought the car to 2 acura dealerships and all they are telling me is that "The technicians have diagnosed your car and they could not find anything the car start up normally" And I know I am having this problem for a while now and the thing is, you cannot tell exactely when it is happen....at this time the car is sitting at the dealer and they are trying to have the problem duplicated so that they can find out what's exactely the problem. Can anyone help if you have experienced this in the past? I do not know what to do so far....

hello all,
I got that problem before with my honda not my 06/TL.I did everything but the new battery solved the problem.Hope my info make easier for you all.