'06 TL help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 09:15 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 TL help!

What's up guys,
I recently picked up a 2006 TL with 60K miles from an original owner.

One thing I noticed lately maybe someone here can help.

I hear something knocking(like the sounds of an old old car with old springs) only on the front passenger side.

Only when I accelerates or stepping on the brakes where the car take a dip. (like pumping the brakes)

I don't think its the transmission since I get the same sound with pumping the brakes?

Could it be the mounts?

thanks
Old 05-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
doesnt sound like Trans however to prove get up to speed and put in neutral and pump breaks. if it does it then you know its not trans.

do you hear the sound when you take speed bumps? to me sounds like something with the springs or struts. something popping with added or removed pressure. that would be my first bet.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:31 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Speeden6
doesnt sound like Trans however to prove get up to speed and put in neutral and pump breaks. if it does it then you know its not trans.

do you hear the sound when you take speed bumps? to me sounds like something with the springs or struts. something popping with added or removed pressure. that would be my first bet.
I will try that later today,
I thought it would be either the the springs or struts but no noise on speed bumps, even with me bouncing on it.

only when the car accelerates (lift force) or pumping the brakes (dipping)
Old 05-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Engine or tranny mounts possibly? I had a similar sound, and found out it was a tranny mount. Mine was also when accelerating, and when braking coming to a stop.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
mounts or rubber bushing on suspension peices
Old 05-30-2014, 07:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Luketic
Engine or tranny mounts possibly? I had a similar sound, and found out it was a tranny mount. Mine was also when accelerating, and when braking coming to a stop.
Yea, when accelerating and coming to a stop, seems like whenever the car bounces back from an acceleration or a stop dip then bounces back, that is when I can hear the noise.

I tried putting the car in neutral and pumping the brakes, the noise is still there.

Only on the front passenger side tho. Is there an easy way to check the mounts?