04 TL No air flow, diag is good flashing 88 only

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 04 TL No air flow, diag is good flashing 88 only

Hello everyone

it has been a while sine i was here last. enough hellos and down to the nitty gritty

here is my problem:

fan not running. everything else is functioning. when AC\HEAT is on you can feel the temperature. when first turn on i can hear the rad fan and condenser fan start for a split second and shutoff, after that nothing happens.
here are troubleshooting steps taken:

-checked fuses all ok, checked using Multimeter and visual.

-fan motor by feeding 12V directly to the motor and it works. I can see spinning

-check relays to ensure they are not physically damaged, visually good.

-check voltages to motor to ensure power is there, got 12V

-verified that all relays are functioning properly by swapping with other relays that are the same from other part of the car. after swapping relays problem still remains.'

-measure voltages on the power transistors, 12V power is there, only thing is the left tow pins have 6.2V and 8.4V top to bottom respectively. the ALLDATA diagnostics step mention the these is a 5V trigger to the power transistor to start the fan.

Now that is have stated every troubleshooting steps taken can anyone please help me with this. I am at the end of figuring this out.

my only thing left is the ECU or the climat control unit. the second is cheaper. or it could be the power transistor.

lst but not least take this to ACURA to get my car fixed. not wanting to do this yet.

Many thanks in advanced..

Mike Chang
Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i will repost this to the third gen group as this may be the wrong group to post to.

thanks you all for reading the post for assistance.