'04 TL--need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014 | 10:51 AM
7th Gear

'04 TL--need help

So yesterday I was driving and started hearing this grinding noise from the rear it was very loud and kinda sounded like the noise it make when u have a flat tire like a "thud " noise so I went back home and lift the car up and check the rear wheel and they were hard to spin and sound like something is grinding...I posted a video if it helps ...thanks
Old 01-17-2014 | 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tiggerx3
So yesterday I was driving and started hearing this grinding noise from the rear it was very loud and kinda sounded like the noise it make when u have a flat tire like a "thud " noise so I went back home and lift the car up and check the rear wheel and they were hard to spin and sound like something is grinding...I posted a video if it helps ...thanks
http://youtu.be/ujngUSo2ltU
Check the disc to see if its ground down. Move the caliper and see of that is seizing.

Next if its not that see if the plate behind the disc is rubbing against the disc and causing a noise.

For the most part I believe its your wheel bearing.
Old 01-19-2014 | 08:53 AM
7th Gear

Ok thanks I'll check that
Old 01-19-2014 | 09:55 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

I've had my shields rub somehow if everything wasn't tight but that sounds like a bearing to me. I replaced my hubs and bearings on my FX and it wasn't bad at all. If you are some what handy, I think you should be able to do it.