xtmslyy00's '08 NBP Progress

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up xtmslyy00's '08 NBP Progress

So like most of us we can never stop adding parts, or making custom parts to enhance our TL's! So I figured I would share some photos with everyone!

Mod list (Current progress is listed in order)
  • Red LED dom lights, Red LED Footwell (Front & Rear), Red LED door sills by "Super Computer" Powder Coated Black.
  • Blacked / Cleared Headlights
  • 3k HID Fogs, 6k HID's with 6k type 2 switch backs
  • H&R Racing Springs with Tokico Blue struts
  • Custom Front bumper (Paint matched / Mesh Grills)
  • Custom shift boot
  • StopTech, Slotted / Drilled Rotors
  • AEM CAI v2
  • Third Cat delete + Magnaflow Res
  • OEM Window Visors
  • Alpine SPR-60C Type R (Front & Rear)
  • x2 Kicker CVT 10's on 1100WATTS
  • Kicker Capacitor
  • Custom Sub Box (Designed and built by me)
  • 18x9x235 Forgstar f14's All around
Photos will be in order of above mod list "For the most part" Enjoy!

In the next photo I decided to change my port design from "Slotted" to 3" by 9" aeroports x2.

Who needs a spar tire when you have Triple A!

Test Fit:

That is the last photo I have "currently" I haven’t decided if I am going to wrap the box, paint, or CF "yet". Also Since the above photos I went back and lined my entire trunk/rear seats with "Second Skin Pro"

New Rims/Tires

That has pretty much been my journey thus far without posting 100+ more photos lol I will keep this thread updated as I make more changes Suggestions, Comments, dislikes, likes are all welcomed!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Very nice progress!

Another F14 owner too! lol
Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
Whattt??? Wow nice work man.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
hey bro how u did the Custom shift boot????
Old 08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
open up the panel, add a boot. zz...
Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EL PESADO
hey bro how u did the Custom shift boot????
I ordered that boot from ebay, for a M/T 04-08 TL. I then had to cut it down a bit, took the bezel off around our shifter tucked it under and glued it in place. I then had to take apart the top shift knob "You will find three white clips" holding the sliver round part onto the head of the shift knob, use a flat head to remove it, I then sanded down the silver part to allow a small gap for the leather boot then used more glue and snapped the part back together, screw the knob back on, and put the bezel back. That’s it!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
thanks man i aprecite it
Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 PM
UA6 SSM TL

Received 106 Likes on 103 Posts
^my next mod LOL

nice car bro

btw, if you dont mind if i ask, how much did the wheels cost you? i've been thinking about getting them.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey sick ass ride. Did you put the back seat back in it, and do you have a picture of the trunk with the system completed.i want to see the total space when done. I have 2 12's and i want to make my own fiberglass box. i need grocery room. saw people puttin one 12 in the corners of the trunk. Your way is much nicer nicer looking. Sorry rambling... Again looks SICK.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EL PESADO
thanks man i aprecite it
NP! Post photos if you end up doing it!

Originally Posted by 24no7
^my next mod LOL

nice car bro

btw, if you dont mind if i ask, how much did the wheels cost you? i've been thinking about getting them.
Thanks boss! Do it! Np man I paid $2,200 with tires.

Originally Posted by Anthony3
Hey sick ass ride. Did you put the back seat back in it, and do you have a picture of the trunk with the system completed.i want to see the total space when done. I have 2 12's and i want to make my own fiberglass box. i need grocery room. saw people puttin one 12 in the corners of the trunk. Your way is much nicer nicer looking. Sorry rambling... Again looks SICK.
I did put the seat back in for the time being, the photos I posted above are all from my Droid. My girlfriend has my digital camera so I haven’t taken the time to even download what "good photos" I have. I will post up more soon!
I haven’t finished the box covering because I have no idea what I want to do still lol! Carpet, Paint match "NBP" or Real Carbon fiber... I plan on putting LED's and "Music" activated neon’s. In fact, I have them I just haven’t had time with work right now, iv been traveling and will be in Vegas next week for work / the GF’s bday & I’m going to propose! So needless to say time hasn’t been on my side! lol
Old 08-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Instructor

Some photos of the box with rear seat back in, and trunk space. I have some clean up work to do yet... I plan on tucking up the power / neg cable and just have it drop stright down into the cap. Then the speaker wires for the subs will drop stright down as well... For now, iv just been enjoying the bass =D flexing the hell out of my glass and roof! hahaha

Old 08-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
nice progress, but why you cover everything with the shift boot instead letting the silver piece hang out like the one in MT?
Old 08-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Man, you've done some outstanding work here. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by truonghthe
nice progress, but why you cover everything with the shift boot instead letting the silver piece hang out like the one in MT?
I actually attempted to do it that way, however the leather boot was too thick and would have required me to sand down the inner shift bezel I didn’t want to do that, so I just decided to go that route, I will be getting all the silver trim parts painted Burgundy candy in a few months so zero silver works in this situation They will look like my street bike when finished:

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Man, you've done some outstanding work here. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Steven!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Good looking ride sir. All around nice work! Drop & wheels look very clean Very interesting twist with the manual shift boot over the auto trans...I like the result! Looking forward to future progress.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
loving the car, love the forgestars too. enclosure looks like it was well built but dress that thing up already!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Nice work so far, in for the updates!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 PM
auto-s

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice car and my bike looks the same right now. Let me know if you want to do my stereo system.haha
Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Team Owner

You know, I've often thought about upgrading my subwoofer. But I just wanted to do a straight swap-for-swap speaker. I wanted to mount it in the same place as the OEM speaker. I can't put anything in my trunk. My hockey bag has to fit in there....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Good looking ride sir. All around nice work! Drop & wheels look very clean Very interesting twist with the manual shift boot over the auto trans...I like the result! Looking forward to future progress.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by RU_JELLY
loving the car, love the forgestars too. enclosure looks like it was well built but dress that thing up already!
Thanks boss! Soon very soon the goal is by the end of next month I will have it dressed!

Originally Posted by Guiltyox
Nice work so far, in for the updates!
Appreciate it

Originally Posted by socal3
Nice car and my bike looks the same right now. Let me know if you want to do my stereo system.haha
haha yeah my rims where down at a shop getting some new skin! This box took me a little over a month to build, id make some more if the price is right

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
You know, I've often thought about upgrading my subwoofer. But I just wanted to do a straight swap-for-swap speaker. I wanted to mount it in the same place as the OEM speaker. I can't put anything in my trunk. My hockey bag has to fit in there....
You should look into the Rockford Fosgate P32D2 or the D4

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=233191

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=233192

I tuned my box right around the 28 - 33 Mhz range so I am looking to add one of those in our stock mounting spots for Rock/metal

Or you can always get two 10's shallow and do a custom box that goes flat against the rear seats maybe only have it come out roughly 4-6 inches in depth! You wouldn’t lose much room at all!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 164 Posts
Love progress!!! and nice wheels buddy!!! Now everyone's getting F14!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Team Owner

Thanks Slyy-I might look into these. I don't want to get too complicated. The sound system is fine by me. But a little extra bass couldn't hurt!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Instructor

Soooo I just got back from Vegas yesterday funny little story, dumb on my part but I guess it’s what I get for not paying attention.

I always do a "once over" on my car before any trips over 300 miles... Needless to say everything checked out fine, I did note however that my overflow on my radiator seemed "empty" I thought oh well I can pick some up on the way out of town when I leave my office no problem...

Headed out of town and forgot to stop by the dealer to grab the OEM type, on my way to Vegas there is a slight hill before Baker, well my damn temp gauge actually moved to the half mark! I’ve owned my TL for a little over two years now and I have NEVER seen that gauge move NEVER... so I kind of got freaked out and was like SHIT I forgot to stop and get some coolant...

So I stopped off at Baker, sadly there is only gas stations here and you can basically only buy the basic coolant, I was iffy about even mixing anything other than OEM because I have heard bad stories before, so just as a safety precaution I grabbed a bottle of the generic stuff "said it’s safe to mix with any color" lalala and on my way I went!

For anyone that has drove to Vegas you know there is a pretty big hill right after baker, well I got maybe 20% into this hill and my temp gauge climbed above half real quick! Mind you I had my AC OFF and it was a 114 outside… So I said f-this I pulled off to the side and was going to add some coolant in the over fill tank, my girlfriend just so happened to call right at this time and I was already under the hood getting ready to open the over flow tank, as I am talking to her I wasn’t paying full attention and grabbed the radiator cap!!

Twisted and BOOM radiator all over my engine bay, top of the hood. I was like SOB!!! FACE PALM! Luckily I had a towel between me and the cap as I twisted it off or my drive to Vegas would have ended in a damn helicopter from 3rd maybe 4th degree burns… So I lucked out there, waited for it to chill out and then turned the car on and added the whole gallon I picked up back at chevron, let the system filter out the air bubbles then sealed her up, closed the hood and busted out my speed detailer and cleaned off the coolant on the hood / front bumper. Got back in my car and started my climb up this hill, my temp gauge didn’t move the rest of the trip what so ever! SOLID!

As I get to the top of this hill 100% weather change to a full on thunder shit show and 100% down pour, it was coming down so hard the road was flooding going downhill! Traffic was doing maybe 15 MPH ha, I had just waxed my baby too! Good thing right? Lol Unfortunately I didn’t think to take any photos until after I saw a rainbow on the other side, thought it looked cool so I snapped a photo and sent it to the GF… another 20mins into driving I look out 10miles and there is a HUGE Dust storm coming my way… Moral of the story is, out of all my years going to and from Vegas I have never had a worst trip there! LOL Here are some photos going into Vegas!

Note the dust storm in the background! About 5-10miles out

That is all I took on my way in! Later that night I had to pick up a buddy from the air port however his flight couldn’t land because of the extreme monsoon weather that hit Vegas! So here is my chilling at a gas station waiting for it to pass haha

Anyways other than all that, I hada blast! Asked the GF to marrie me and saw some shows even got to kick it with Carrot Top! and of course a few clubs / blackjack!

On the way home my Fiancé snapped some photos of my car from hers, she didn’t roll her window down so excuse the reflections! hahaha

Now that I am home, I decided I want to redo my trunk layout for my amps because of some LED lights I will be adding soon! Plus after this long trip, my main amp is having an issue with "Heat" in the spare tire well, so I will have to address that, might as well make it look sick! I will update you guys in the next few weeks, waiting for my goodies to get here!

Redline D4 * 6 qts, * 3 qts Redline Racing for a 3x3 + switch replacement this weekend,

RGB LED Controller and Custom Cooling system for my amps

Last edited by xtmslyy00; 08-31-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Team Owner

Congrats on the engagement! Nice rolling shots.