Wdp Tl-s

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wdp Tl-s

Took a few pix of my car after a few hours of getting it. Going to use these as my before pictures. Next steps for me are tint, HID foglights, led interior, new wheels and A-spec body kit.

Just wanted to share my pictures, I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about getting a new car. I will take more pix after she gets a wash.

I know most of you would never have a dog in the car, but he is basically my kid. Here he is waiting for me to finish up with the pictures.

Thanks for all the help and advise leading to my purchase of my car.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
very dreamy pictures of the TL-S
Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very scenic...and HUGE...pictures. The car looks great, of course. I generally don't like those TL-S rims, but they look fantastic on your ride!

WDP running the show, yet again.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
I love the car, I have an 07 Silver TL-S. Is that black trim around the wheel wells???
Old 04-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brettallica
WDP running the show, yet again.
yeah, running it, but not OWNING it like the NBP
Old 04-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
I love the car, I have an 07 Silver TL-S. Is that black trim around the wheel wells???
its a strip of rubber that protects that area, came with the dealerships protection package, im still considering taking it off.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
very dreamy pictures of the TL-S
Thats what I was going for. btw your photos are beautiful, made me not want to post mine, lol

Originally Posted by brettallica
Very scenic...and HUGE...pictures.
Yah, I guess they are. It looks mall on my monitors. I will make them smaller.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 AM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
sooo beautiful!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

great looking car and good photography.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I Only Park In

cine car, but are you suppose to get the match painted mud gard, expecally on the TYPE-S???
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bjtexer
cine car, but are you suppose to get the match painted mud gard, expecally on the TYPE-S???
You know, I never even realized that. I will call them and get it taken care of. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Instructor

It does not sound like they are willing to change it for me, so I am going to have to find it on ebay. Just afraid that the paint wont match to well like the bumper.

After staring at my car a little longer, I think I need to get rid of that black strip above the wheels. What does everyone else think?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:23 PM
WDP Is Faster

you know...I never noticed the black strip above the wheels..but either way..it'll look good. You made a real good choice on the WDP. But I have a suggestion for you about the mud guards. Over time, the mudguards will eat away into your paint. Now it looks like it's on the back bumper and side skirts. If your gonna get the kit. Get it now before the mudguards ruin ur paint right now. Just my opinion. This also goes for the front license plate frame. I know I have a 2002 TL and it's different from the structure of ur car..but i'm pretty darn sure that the same results will happen to ur car if you avoid this. I personally would love to take the front licenese plate off of my car but the frame has left a rectangle indention in the paint..and now i'm forced to keep it there or paint the whole car over again..........
Old 05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I Only Park In

Originally Posted by reloaded
you know...I never noticed the black strip above the wheels..but either way..it'll look good. You made a real good choice on the WDP. But I have a suggestion for you about the mud guards. Over time, the mudguards will eat away into your paint. Now it looks like it's on the back bumper and side skirts. If your gonna get the kit. Get it now before the mudguards ruin ur paint right now. Just my opinion. This also goes for the front license plate frame. I know I have a 2002 TL and it's different from the structure of ur car..but i'm pretty darn sure that the same results will happen to ur car if you avoid this. I personally would love to take the front licenese plate off of my car but the frame has left a rectangle indention in the paint..and now i'm forced to keep it there or paint the whole car over again..........
hoping that they did not screw through your front bumber cover
Old 05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by reloaded

Thanks for the tip.

Just to be sure I understand you, your saying I should get the kit now so I can take off the mudguard? so if I don't get the kit yet, but take off the mud guard, that will be ok too, right?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Originally Posted by MC82
Thanks for the tip.

Just to be sure I understand you, your saying I should get the kit now so I can take off the mudguard? so if I don't get the kit yet, but take off the mud guard, that will be ok too, right?
If you're thinking about taking off the mudguards at all, take them off sooner rather than later. I took mine off after about three to four months of owning the car, and they left some abrasions on the paint that I haven't tried to fix yet, but they're definitely there and have depth to them. My local body shop guy says they can probably be buffed out, but I have my doubts. I've given up on trying to get my dealer to do anything about my paint; they're pretty much useless over there. I noticed this after I took my car in twice to get the bumper mismatch "corrected" which was never truly corrected: Once to have them repaint the bumpers, and once to get them to buff out the overspray they got on the body.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:45 PM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by MC82
Thanks for the tip.

Yea exactly. It's better to get the mudguards off now than couple months down the road from now. If your planning to take it off later on..i suggest you to just do it now. Or you'll have the luxury of seeing the bare metal on your car. (sarcasm).
In regards to the front license plate, I'm pretty darn sure there is a better way to display the front license plate than have that factory set up. The factory set-up rubs into the paint also and it will do the same damage that the mudguards do. It will come in contact with your paint and it will leave an indention into it. Just your choice. If you want to leave it there..it's totally fine..but I just wanted to tell you.

BTW..just like brettallica mentioned, the White Diamond Pearl is a very unique color mainly because it is composed of several layers of paint..including the little pearls that make it shine like it does. When you repaint one part of the car, the chances of it matching your car's WDP paint (on other parts) is VERY SLIM. VERY HARD..and chances are..you'll notice the distinction. Ever since I read this forum about the mismatch, I have noticed my STOCK paint has quite a mismatch from bumper to the rest of the car. And were talking about no repaints or anything. So now if I or anybody who wants to get their WDP repainted again...like certain parts of the car, you can bet that the paint probably won't match that much. That's why I decided at this point, I will not have a repaint. I'm writing to you about this to warn you before you fall victim to this problem.