updated WDP - smoked n' aero

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
updated WDP - smoked n' aero

Lots of updates... tints, full oem aero kit and rockblocker films (cut the headlights to smoke turns only)

Old 09-27-2005, 01:11 PM
アキュラ 力

Beautiful! Lookin good Jon. I've always thought that WDP was the sharpest looking color for the 3G TLs. I give it

Did you happen to get to the CAI yet?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Cold Racketeer

The AEM CAI is sitting in the back seat awaiting me to either overpay a garage to put it in, or get over my girlish fear of Do It Yourself. I was with the instructions until they talk about drilling rivets out of the car... since I moved here recently from a small apartment at school in georgia, I have nothing here like a good drill, set of wrenches, etc. So I'd have to go buy all that stuff and then figure out how the heck to do it I still might go ahead and do it myself though.

Thanks for the good feedback! The rockblocker tints were intimidating to put on... I did the wet install and they were not adhering without big waves/bubbles but as they dried they got easier to work with.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your updates look good! I like what you've done.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Desi Pride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Cold Racketeer

Thanks!

next:

glossy white calipers (all 4, remove blue paint)
comptech rear sway bar (backordered)
aem cold air intake (sitting in my back seat)
eibach pro 1" drop springs (in mail)
ronjon 18 x 8.5 inspyre w/ pirelli tires (still hemming and hawing, planned to have them this week but wallet is aching... tires sure do break you)
Old 09-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Cold Racketeer

JP, when are you getting the inspyres? Let me know where the pics will be
Old 09-27-2005, 01:40 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by tzakiel
JP, when are you getting the inspyres? Let me know where the pics will be
I PM'ed Ron on Sunday and he said the shippment was due in on Monday. I've PM'ed him a few time since and haven't heard a response back. I assume they are up to their necks in wheels and are busy sorting out their orders. I'll check back with him tomorrow if I don't hear back from him today...I was hoping to get them on before the meet this Sat
Old 09-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Advanced

jon,

can you send me the link where you get the smoke tint from?
I might do it on my anthra.

Did you do it yourself? Was it hard?
How is it against the raining?

It looks TOTALLY different than what I saw last time!
Good change!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
I PM'ed Ron on Sunday and he said the shippment was due in on Monday. I've PM'ed him a few time since and haven't heard a response back. I assume they are up to their necks in wheels and are busy sorting out their orders. I'll check back with him tomorrow if I don't hear back from him today...I was hoping to get them on before the meet this Sat

Actually, I just received an update from the folks at Ronjon. Apparently the shipment has been delayed for a couple of days and so the wheels may not make it to their facilities until Friday or Monday. Dang!...oh well....
Old 09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Bring It

Your updates look great!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks!

next:

glossy white calipers (all 4, remove blue paint)
comptech rear sway bar (backordered)
aem cold air intake (sitting in my back seat)
eibach pro 1" drop springs (in mail)
ronjon 18 x 8.5 inspyre w/ pirelli tires (still hemming and hawing, planned to have them this week but wallet is aching... tires sure do break you)
Haha am I going to have a twin? Same wheels, same brake color, and smoked. You have great taste I'm very flattered, and your car is looking good buddy
Old 09-27-2005, 04:06 PM
"Joe Cool"

Can anyone tell me where to get the Rear Deck Lid Spoiler installed on my 04 for a good price.

Or should I just have the dealer install it?

The dealer will probably charge an arm and a leg.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
"Joe Cool"

Can anyone tell me where to get the Rear Deck Lid Spoiler installed on my 04 for a good price.

Looking for sumthin in LA, Orange or San Bernardino Counties.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I told you cutting the films wouldn't be too hard tzakiel. Looks great, good job!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
アキュラ 力

Although getting off topic from this thread

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL

Looking for sumthin in LA, Orange or San Bernardino Counties.

Do it yourself bro, it really isn't that hard....
Old 09-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Cold Racketeer

enigma, rockblocker.com sells the films. it's not easy... but not very hard. You have to keep working with the vinyl film... the first time it goes on, it has waves and is not exactly sized right. I had to keep re-applying it and working with it as it dried. Get a good razor and a steady hand to cut off the excess. It took me a while. If you get up close there are some flaws where I cut trimmed the edges a little rough, but I plan to try and fix that. I also got some bubbles I hope will eventually go away. Anyway glad you liked the car. The film would look great on your anthracite, would be all dark all over, very stealth.

1sweetTL, try ebay sellers like TrimKing1 for much lower priced deck lid that sticks on... was VERY easy to install. Not OEM but looks just like it.

ctlgo, yeah cutting the headlights/turns wasn't too bad... however trimming the excess on the edges of all the films without getting ragged edges or scratching my car was a little harrowing. Thanks for the inspiration to go ahead with it!

lokius: we will rep the east and west coast with our WDPs! Mine will never be as cool as yours but the causual onlooker may not notice

dezz, nay, jeff: thanks!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Cold Racketeer

calipers completed about 15 minutes ago. Not as glossy as I hoped. Looks good from 5 feet or so though. Overall a more difficult process... paint remover was a bit of a pain on the old blue paint... kinda hard to rub off and I couldn't find my wire brush I had set aside just for this task. I got about half the blue paint off before I gave up, cleaned them and sprayed white. Looks okay though, all things considered!

Sorry for bad pic, light was failing....

Old 09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Cold Racketeer

Originally Posted by cTLgo
I told you cutting the films wouldn't be too hard tzakiel. Looks great, good job!
You know what? I noticed the first time I tried to cut off the film on the headlight side, my cut was a little wavy, so I re-cut it intentionally in an arc shape... then I peeled off the remaining piece between the two cuts, I found I had etched a line in the headlight... at first I was upset... but then I realized it matched the factory horizantal lines almost perfectly, and looked intentional (like a design line) so I did the exact same thing to the other light.

Just a word of warning though, if you cut films on your lights you will have an etched line there when you remove the film that is quite visible... luckily for me it looks good where it is. I'll post a macro shot of the area later.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Cold Racketeer

Originally Posted by enigma
jon,

can you send me the link where you get the smoke tint from?
I might do it on my anthra.

Did you do it yourself? Was it hard?
How is it against the raining?

It looks TOTALLY different than what I saw last time!
Good change!
Oh, satoshi also one thing is the police don't really like smoked lights... it makes you stand out from the crowd. But to me it is worth it. You've already got dark tints anyway
Old 09-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, Tzakiel man...love it.....personally i would have loved it if the headlights were cleared but still looks great also about the comptech rear sway bar....excelerate has them in stock for a cheap price. 115 shipped. not so bad.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Cold Racketeer

I'd like to clear the corners but I also want to pass inspections. Thanks for heads up on the bar... I may do that instead. Glad you like the new look.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:09 PM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

anyone know of a good place online to order just the front lip from the ASPEC package?
Also, if anyone knows a good installer for the aftermarket ebay spoiler around san diego, please let me know! thanks guys
Old 09-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

I'd like to clear the corners but I also want to pass inspections. Thanks for heads up on the bar... I may do that instead. Glad you like the new look.
very true, but u could also pay ur local shop to just pass u for inspection...but i still love the look and u have to worry about cops less.

Originally Posted by Chita79
anyone know of a good place online to order just the front lip from the ASPEC package?
Also, if anyone knows a good installer for the aftermarket ebay spoiler around san diego, please let me know! thanks guys
from waht im aware, i don't think there is any place where you can get solely the front lip. you could probably search ebay, i saw a WDP front a-spec lip on there a few days ago. it might still be up there.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love it! It's looks clean and gorgeous.

dsc888
Old 09-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Lots of updates... tints, full oem aero kit and rockblocker films (cut the headlights to smoke turns only)

all you need now is comptech catback exhaust, remove the resonator, install that AEM CAI, and few other minor changes and your car will look just like mine.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:37 AM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Do it yourself bro, it really isn't that hard....
First I gotta say your ride looks great.
Second sorry to get off topic, but I noticed you had the rear deck lid spoiler and I thought since you are doing alot of this stuff on your own. Then perhaps you might have some info.

I will probably end up buying on ebay and doing it myself.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Cold Racketeer

Second sorry to get off topic, but I noticed you had the rear deck lid spoiler and I thought since you are doing alot of this stuff on your own. Then perhaps you might have some info.

Thanks for the advice.
Not sure what you mean? JP said do it on your own... and I think he is referring to an OEM type lid (bolts and tape)

The ebay lid (which I have) simply sticks on with tape. I had to make sure the curvature was right (it's flexible) and aligned right before sticking it on hard. Since then it's been great. The paint along the bottom edge is not quite as smooth as OEM, but it can't be seen unless you really look, and no one can tell it's not OEM. It also cost a grand total of $190 which is several hundred dollars less than dealer installed.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:56 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it just me or are your calipers blue? i think you should paint em black
Old 09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Cold Racketeer

if you check the pic on the bottom of the first page, i painted them white after those pics were taken.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Silky Smooth

I like the calipers better when they were blue, they will show even more when you get insypres, and the white does not match the oem metallic pearl... work with the blue, and get it right. I would do it, make some contrast since the brakes arent goign to get any bigger..
Old 09-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Cold Racketeer

Maybe it's the sweat and toil talking from yesterday but for now I'm happy with the white. It doesn't have the pearl finish but I does look pretty nice. Maybe some day I will get new bigger brakes when these wear out and then I will worry about them again.

That's my philosophy now... use up the stock parts first. I'm going to use the stock rims and tires until they are out of tread and the rims are scuffed (1 already got damaged) and then get the ronjons at perhaps 15000 or so. Might as well use up the "life" of the stock stuff.

Still to come for sure: comptech rear sway, AEM cai, eibach 1" pro drop... all of that within 1.5 weeks.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:28 PM
アキュラ 力

Thanks for the advice.

Actually my friend, aka Enigma here on Acurazine, did it himself. Apparently the lip spoiler install is not all that hard at all
Old 09-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Cold Racketeer

I noticed some tiny cracking in the paint along the bottom edge of my trimking1 spoiler from ebay. I think I will monitor it for a while but maybe these things really aren't as durable as they seemed.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:15 PM
05 WDP TL

pictures dont work for me??
Old 09-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by Lokius
I like the calipers better when they were blue, they will show even more when you get insypres, and the white does not match the oem metallic pearl... work with the blue, and get it right. I would do it, make some contrast since the brakes arent goign to get any bigger..
Lokius...ur gonna paint ur calipers blue? a dark shade blue? id really like to see this i hope you do it soon
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Cold Racketeer

Originally Posted by madehtsobi
pictures dont work for me??
Yeah my web host decided to move my files to a new server today, and it looks like quite a few of the newer ones are deleted! great...
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Cold Racketeer

mods please close this thread... pics are gone and i cant edit original post.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
Lokius...ur gonna paint ur calipers blue? a dark shade blue? id really like to see this i hope you do it soon
check my thread I have a custom BBK that is being developed specifically for my car, that has white diamond pearl calipers in a metallic color to match our car, and Acura engraved on them with a cnc machine in black. They are amazing, and will beon the car in the next couple of weeks. check the my thread..