Type-S is finally home!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
If you want to throw LED's in the rear signals that works, just mod the turn signal module instead of running resistors.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:33 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
great!
Old 06-09-2019, 09:56 PM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
hey guys,

little update on the TL situation - I've sold the base TL after only owning it for about 4 months because there was a good opportunity to sell the vehicle & earn some money on it as well I just wasn't too thrilled with the car as a daily tbh.

with the TL-S I've decided to throw some BC Racing Coilovers as well as 15mm/25mm spacers front & rear to bring the wheels nice & flush! I was super stoked to have the car lowered as I've been wanting this for a while. The car rides amazing with these coils as well as from a comfort standpoint imo. I do plan on raising the rear a tad as I tend to rub on big dips & I kind of want to avoid rolling my fenders for the time being.

that being said, here are some pics of it now:

The following users liked this post:
Slpr04UA6 (06-14-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
Looks great! Keep the height but use 20mm in rear. It’s the most common oem spacer setup! (15/20)

whats your ground to fender measurement in front and back?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
amazing what a drop does for our cars!
I sooo wish I woulda kept my original aspec wheels I copped for 399
"sigh"
Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 AM

18.5" aspec wheels are the best wheel they made for the car...
nothing looks better to me.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Giggity!
Old 06-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sockr1
Looks great! Keep the height but use 20mm in rear. It’s the most common oem spacer setup! (15/20)

whats your ground to fender measurement in front and back?
Thanks man - I was looking at 20mm but the 25mm looks like a better fitment as it brings the wheel directly flush with the fender where the 20mm still has the sitting slightly inward. Right now its just barely a finger gap in the rear as the springs settled more than I thought. Plus I want to raise the rear to retain the stock "rake" look & with the current drop its more on the levelled side as of right now.

I dont have the exact measurements right now but I can get them soon!

Originally Posted by MyGuti
amazing what a drop does for our cars!
I sooo wish I woulda kept my original aspec wheels I copped for 399
"sigh"
What kind were they? Only reason why I like my aspecs is because they're the 8.5 width ones which gives it a slightly better look

Originally Posted by rockstar143
18.5" aspec wheels are the best wheel they made for the car...
nothing looks better to me.
Agreed - I love the stock Type-S waffle but the 17inch diameter kind of kills it for me.
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Giggity!
thanks!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:23 PM
UA6MT

Received 252 Likes on 139 Posts
Car looks beautiful! Super clean. ATLP FTW!
Old 06-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
ATLP!

Car looks very good. Those wheels are perf with 25mm spacers.

Which on a 9.5”/10” width wheel, which offset would make the wheel flush with the wheel well?
Old 04-15-2020, 06:15 PM
Pro

Hello everyone!

Hope all you guys are keeping safe during this funky time. It's been a while since I've updated my thread for my car. Since i've last posted, I've had the trans fluid changed again with GM Syncromesh as I had done about 30km on the fluid and my car was doing some funky things with the electronics - turned out the alternator was going bad and I had it replaced with a Denso unit which solved all the issues. Couple of plans for the car include getting the HT SPC rear-suspension kit to change out all 10 links to refresh the ride a little bit and get more adjustability with the rear suspension in terms of alignment. I must say the last 5 years of ownership have been great and I've addressed many of the things on the car I had planned on doing so from the beginning of my ownership. I've been toying around with the idea of putting the car up for sale as I feel like it is time to part ways soon. Not because I don't enjoy the car (I absolutely love it everytime I hop in), but more so I think I'm ready for a change in my summer vehicle such as an E46/E92 M3 ZCP, R32 GT-R or 996 Turbo. I feel like keeping the car would not do it justice if I purchased the aforementioned and it would be a decent downpayment towards my next vehicle. I want the vehicle to go to a good home so I've been thinking of putting on Bring a Trailer or just the forums.

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on those who may have sold their TL-S' in the past and if you potentially may have regretted it. I feel like these cars have pretty good resale values so that may help parting ways with it. Anyways, here are a couple of shots the other day during a drive with my buddy's B8 S4 6MT which has 300,000km! Super clean. More pics to come...

Last edited by mtiaz; 04-15-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Safety Car

so i've been tempted over the past few years with selling my 6mt type s and i've talked to probably 10 or so owners that have moved on. i would say that 9 out of 10 regret it. it's not the same situation or attachment for everyone, but i know i got super sad when i considered selling mine a year ago. i've also had mine since new and it's now 12 years so a little different. i've been tempted with an s4, m3, etc and lately a gsf, but still can't come to have a car payment after 10 years without one

just do what makes sense for you and if you do sell it, don't look back the best you can!
Acura TL Builder (06-22-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Pro

so i've been tempted over the past few years with selling my 6mt type s and i've talked to probably 10 or so owners that have moved on. i would say that 9 out of 10 regret it. it's not the same situation or attachment for everyone, but i know i got super sad when i considered selling mine a year ago. i've also had mine since new and it's now 12 years so a little different. i've been tempted with an s4, m3, etc and lately a gsf, but still can't come to have a car payment after 10 years without one

just do what makes sense for you and if you do sell it, don't look back the best you can!
That's the kind of sentiment I've expected. It's crazy how special this otherwise "normal" car is. I am very well attached to my car, I treat it like a prized possession/show car. I was taking a look at my excel maintenance log and I've spent about $17k CAD in maintenance/repairs/modifications towards the vehicle which shows that all the work I've done was essentially with intentions of keeping the car for a very long time and running like-new. Its kind of the car-bug part of my brain that's itching to check some other vehicles off my bucket-list. It's either I sell the car within the next year or move onto another vehicle when I have space to keep the TL-S. I know what you mean, not having a car payment is amazing lol. Also gotta say man, your car is looking fresh as hell these days. Looking at yours just gives me more ideas and wanting to keep mine more.
sockr1 (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 08:20 AM

oh you think you're cool cause you have a type S and S4 in one picture?
I KNOW you're not asking me if I would regret selling a type S.
Depending on your response, I'll expound on that.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:22 AM
Pro

oh you think you're cool cause you have a type S and S4 in one picture?
I KNOW you're not asking me if I would regret selling a type S.
Depending on your response, I'll expound on that.
hahah, wait that doesn't make me one of the cool kids?? Man when I looked at your thread again I was like holy crap this guy got his old TL-S back again - car looks drop dead amazing. Just curious, what was your mindset when you got rid of the TL-S the first time around?
Old 04-16-2020, 10:36 AM

Let's see...
ex wife telling me I need a reliable family car and prodding me to drop 40 stacks on the Caddy
truth be told...after buying it back in December...I realized I was not ready to sell it the first time around.
I thought I wanted more...I thought I needed more. I did not. I've had more power and more luxury
and there's something really great about the simplicity and the way the 3G drives. Looks...still hold up...
good mileage, fun to drive...pretty quick...

In short, I predict you will regret selling it.
I have a 400+ HP stage 2 supercharged S4 with a fast as fuck dual clutch and
I still go for the my TL over the Audi most of the time. Not taking away the virtues of
the Audi...but the TL is a bad bitch.

The following 3 users liked this post by rockstar143:
Acura TL Builder (06-22-2020), mtiaz (04-16-2020), sockr1 (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 11:16 AM
Pro

Let's see...
ex wife telling me I need a reliable family car and prodding me to drop 40 stacks on the Caddy
truth be told...after buying it back in December...I realized I was not ready to sell it the first time around.
I thought I wanted more...I thought I needed more. I did not. I've had more power and more luxury
and there's something really great about the simplicity and the way the 3G drives. Looks...still hold up...
good mileage, fun to drive...pretty quick...

In short, I predict you will regret selling it.
I have a 400+ HP stage 2 supercharged S4 with a fast as fuck dual clutch and
I still go for the my TL over the Audi most of the time. Not taking away the virtues of
the Audi...but the TL is a bad bitch.
Ahhhh I see - completely different situation from my side hahah. Yeah I know what you mean, I get the opportunity to drive a lot of cars and have been surrounded by the Audi brand especially for the last 5 years and counting (for work) and definitely know what you mean in terms of the 3G's traits. Dude... nice! I definitely prefer the B8.5 S4 over the B9 S4 (turbo sucks compared to a blower) and this is coming from a new car department sales guy haha. I've actually tinkered with the idea of getting a B8.5 S4 6spd but it would only be replacing my beater '03 IS300. Hard to come across with the right options - trying to avoid sport diff since I've seen plenty of those grenade at work lol. I appreciate your input man, its been pretty conflicting for me. Maybe I'll continue to dump my money into it and finishing off my bucket list with this vehicle. On that note, are there any mods you guys have done in particular that was really well worth to you guys (i.e J37/ported mani/intake, HFPC, suspension, etc)? So far my car only has BC racing coilovers, ATLP Exhaust and a few misc bits here and there.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mtiaz
That's the kind of sentiment I've expected. It's crazy how special this otherwise "normal" car is. I am very well attached to my car, I treat it like a prized possession/show car. I was taking a look at my excel maintenance log and I've spent about $17k CAD in maintenance/repairs/modifications towards the vehicle which shows that all the work I've done was essentially with intentions of keeping the car for a very long time and running like-new. Its kind of the car-bug part of my brain that's itching to check some other vehicles off my bucket-list. It's either I sell the car within the next year or move onto another vehicle when I have space to keep the TL-S. I know what you mean, not having a car payment is amazing lol. Also gotta say man, your car is looking fresh as hell these days. Looking at yours just gives me more ideas and wanting to keep mine more.
yea we've both put in a lot of time and money and it's been worth it! i've had the exact same itch and it's hard to keep it away, especially when you're in an area or friend group that all have "newer" and "better". but man that type s is still fun to drive!

and appreciate the kind words. still working on the car here and there but mostly just maintenance now. going to try to keep my progress thread updated like i do my instagram car acct, but it's more effort here haha. next up are all new axles after my raxles shit the bed and flushing most of the fluids with new stuff. should feel good!

Ahhhh I see - completely different situation from my side hahah. Yeah I know what you mean, I get the opportunity to drive a lot of cars and have been surrounded by the Audi brand especially for the last 5 years and counting (for work) and definitely know what you mean in terms of the 3G's traits. Dude... nice! I definitely prefer the B8.5 S4 over the B9 S4 (turbo sucks compared to a blower) and this is coming from a new car department sales guy haha. I've actually tinkered with the idea of getting a B8.5 S4 6spd but it would only be replacing my beater '03 IS300. Hard to come across with the right options - trying to avoid sport diff since I've seen plenty of those grenade at work lol. I appreciate your input man, its been pretty conflicting for me. Maybe I'll continue to dump my money into it and finishing off my bucket list with this vehicle. On that note, are there any mods you guys have done in particular that was really well worth to you guys (i.e J37/ported mani/intake, HFPC, suspension, etc)? So far my car only has BC racing coilovers, ATLP Exhaust and a few misc bits here and there.
i was super tempted to get an B8.5 stick for many years...like hard core looked haha. but then i had kids and don't know if 2 car seats fit comfortably, then i realized i only drive a mile to work so why would i pay 400-600 a month to barely drive. but man those cars are tempting!

for mods, i think flashpro is a no brainer. it wakes up the car and makes it feel alive. you'd also benefit from a jpipe that gives some nice low end power and pick up
for interior, my steering wheel really changed things for me. it's rewrapped by dallas custom steering wheel and feels phenomenal. super thick, great leather, custom stitching, etc. and it's something that you use every time you drive so you get the benefit of it

i forget, are you on swift springs or just stock bc springs? standard rates?
Old 04-16-2020, 11:58 AM

Different scenarios but trust me, same sentiment.
Do not sell the TL. I sold black then blue and I'm glad I got the opportunity to nurse blue back to health.
My chick doesn't get why I love it...I tell her, you see what happened to the last girl that made me get rid
of the car? She's gone and the car is back.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:25 PM
Pro

yea we've both put in a lot of time and money and it's been worth it! i've had the exact same itch and it's hard to keep it away, especially when you're in an area or friend group that all have "newer" and "better". but man that type s is still fun to drive!

and appreciate the kind words. still working on the car here and there but mostly just maintenance now. going to try to keep my progress thread updated like i do my instagram car acct, but it's more effort here haha. next up are all new axles after my raxles shit the bed and flushing most of the fluids with new stuff. should feel good!

i was super tempted to get an B8.5 stick for many years...like hard core looked haha. but then i had kids and don't know if 2 car seats fit comfortably, then i realized i only drive a mile to work so why would i pay 400-600 a month to barely drive. but man those cars are tempting!

for mods, i think flashpro is a no brainer. it wakes up the car and makes it feel alive. you'd also benefit from a jpipe that gives some nice low end power and pick up
for interior, my steering wheel really changed things for me. it's rewrapped by dallas custom steering wheel and feels phenomenal. super thick, great leather, custom stitching, etc. and it's something that you use every time you drive so you get the benefit of it

i forget, are you on swift springs or just stock bc springs? standard rates?
Yeah I know exactly what you mean - the whole newer/better thing has worn away from me, its more so the cars I grew up with that are now affordable that is killing me. Early 90's to mid-2000's is the sweet spot for me - definitely a lot of cars that tickle my heart. Especially with this quarantining going on, I take the TL-S out for a rip and I love just hammering it. To this date, I think it has absolutely one of the, if not the best shifter feel/most rewarding out of all the cars I've driven in my life. Hahaha that's funny, for me basically all my big ticket items have been taken care of and now its just time for a few modifications. Tbh I bought my car at the worst point lol, although very well-maintained it was at a point where everything wearable needed to be changed.

Really? Even on a car with a relatively stock powertrain? Is it plug&play or do I have to find a tuner to do it right for me? Yeah j-pipe had always been on my mind but I recently saw brand new HFPC's on the local market for $700 CAD. Thoughts on this? I've been trying to find the right upholstery shop to take care of a few bits of my interior including the steering wheel. I'm just on the stock BC springs/rates. How about yourself?

Different scenarios but trust me, same sentiment.
Do not sell the TL. I sold black then blue and I'm glad I got the opportunity to nurse blue back to health.
My chick doesn't get why I love it...I tell her, you see what happened to the last girl that made me get rid
of the car? She's gone and the car is back.
Definitely same sentiment. Hahahhaha dude you kill me! A lot girls in my area quite frankly (not all but some) like the flashiest thing. My ex had no idea what was so special about my TL-S. Didn't understand why I didn't lease an Audi from work. Kinda got offended when she said "it's just an Acura." BUT HERE WE ARE FOLKS.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:27 PM

these hos ain't loyal.
do you know what is?
my acura TL-S.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:42 PM
Safety Car

Yeah I know exactly what you mean - the whole newer/better thing has worn away from me, its more so the cars I grew up with that are now affordable that is killing me. Early 90's to mid-2000's is the sweet spot for me - definitely a lot of cars that tickle my heart. Especially with this quarantining going on, I take the TL-S out for a rip and I love just hammering it. To this date, I think it has absolutely one of the, if not the best shifter feel/most rewarding out of all the cars I've driven in my life. Hahaha that's funny, for me basically all my big ticket items have been taken care of and now its just time for a few modifications. Tbh I bought my car at the worst point lol, although very well-maintained it was at a point where everything wearable needed to be changed.

Really? Even on a car with a relatively stock powertrain? Is it plug&play or do I have to find a tuner to do it right for me? Yeah j-pipe had always been on my mind but I recently saw brand new HFPC's on the local market for $700 CAD. Thoughts on this? I've been trying to find the right upholstery shop to take care of a few bits of my interior including the steering wheel. I'm just on the stock BC springs/rates. How about yourself?
stock BC springs and spring rates but i'm always curious how much better swift may feel. prob not much on a daily, but maybe on autox but i'll never knowwww.

there's a guy named dom that does most of the tunes and it's all over email. he's done prob 100 tl cars and he's in canada. even at stock you'll feel a difference!! it's worth it. i've recommended it to probably 15 people and they've all said it's one of the best things they've done. he's cheap too (i think his going price is 200) and he will retune for free if you add more mods later. worth it!

i'd go jpipe over HFPCs personally (i have both). hfpcs help in high rpms where jpipe is more day to day driving stuff. plus there's a history of the hfpcs losing their insider (i've seen it personally just not in mine...knock on wood)
Old 04-16-2020, 03:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
chiming in a little late here....
but if I were in your shoes, I would hold onto the type-s....
you said it yourself, over the course of your ownership you've dropped 17k in maintenance....now ask yourself how hard it would be to find someone to actually value what you've done with the car?
even us, as enthusiasts, who sell and buy the cars back (cough cough), even for us it would be hard to put a value on that maintenance and pay a premium.....unless you had a ultra low mileage, mint condition, etc. car and we had money to drop.....
but with that dollar amount that you'd be looking to get for the car (roughly 14-16k CAD I would assume...but I dont know the specifics of your car), any individual in the market with ~15k in their pocket would look at newer vehicles with beefed up HP
I had the itch myself, thought about selling it and moving onto something with more power, all of my friends drive 500HP camaros and shiiieet.
but with having no car payment on both cars, and relatively low maintenance and amazing reliability, why switch?
save the money on the back end and buy something with more power later.....I let go of two toys recently (1900cc bikes)
sorry for the rant....

coles notes:
-keep the TL and continue to save for a newer vehicle later on....
-the TL will eventually become a "winter beater"
-hopefully by then you will have enough coin to buy something newer
Old 04-17-2020, 07:07 AM

• Originally Posted by sockr1
    there's a guy named dom that does most of the tunes and it's all over email. he's done prob 100 tl cars and he's in canada. even at stock you'll feel a difference!! it's worth it.
i'd go jpipe over HFPCs personally (i have both). hfpcs help in high rpms where jpipe is more day to day driving stuff. plus there's a history of the hfpcs losing their insides
1) Dom is the man...he gets back to you immediately...I messaged him 3 years later after getting the car back and we had a great exchange about how the family is doing and he told me he'd be glad to pick right back up where we left off when I had Hondata on it last time. I love him...and he did like 10 revisions and listened to my bullshit trying to chase down a bad ground and always got back to me quickly once I gave him a datalog.

2) I didn't want rasp so I swapped from cracked PCD to HFPC (Richie actually took the cracked ones back and let me just pay the difference to upgrade) back in 2016. I have personally seen the substrate is completely gone
for myself on my own car I bought back.

I tried swapping J pipe for stock to see if it stopped this raspy sound I heard...not only did it not...it felt SLOWWWW J pipe is a must.
sockr1 (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Pro

stock BC springs and spring rates but i'm always curious how much better swift may feel. prob not much on a daily, but maybe on autox but i'll never knowwww.

there's a guy named dom that does most of the tunes and it's all over email. he's done prob 100 tl cars and he's in canada. even at stock you'll feel a difference!! it's worth it. i've recommended it to probably 15 people and they've all said it's one of the best things they've done. he's cheap too (i think his going price is 200) and he will retune for free if you add more mods later. worth it!

i'd go jpipe over HFPCs personally (i have both). hfpcs help in high rpms where jpipe is more day to day driving stuff. plus there's a history of the hfpcs losing their insider (i've seen it personally just not in mine...knock on wood)
From my research, it's more of an autocross/track application - on the daily side very marginally improved compliance. Is this guy on the forums or operates through a particular website? That's great to hear support like that still exists for our vehicles. I'm definitely going to bump the Hondata a little further up the list. Yeah I definitely think the car needs more bottom-end torque so its good to hear that'll help. Does the j-pipe make the car much more louder or is it relatively tame? Not looking to increase cabin noise significantly.

Originally Posted by MyGuti
chiming in a little late here....
but if I were in your shoes, I would hold onto the type-s....
you said it yourself, over the course of your ownership you've dropped 17k in maintenance....now ask yourself how hard it would be to find someone to actually value what you've done with the car?
even us, as enthusiasts, who sell and buy the cars back (cough cough), even for us it would be hard to put a value on that maintenance and pay a premium.....unless you had a ultra low mileage, mint condition, etc. car and we had money to drop.....
but with that dollar amount that you'd be looking to get for the car (roughly 14-16k CAD I would assume...but I dont know the specifics of your car), any individual in the market with ~15k in their pocket would look at newer vehicles with beefed up HP
I had the itch myself, thought about selling it and moving onto something with more power, all of my friends drive 500HP camaros and shiiieet.
but with having no car payment on both cars, and relatively low maintenance and amazing reliability, why switch?
save the money on the back end and buy something with more power later.....I let go of two toys recently (1900cc bikes)
sorry for the rant....

coles notes:
-keep the TL and continue to save for a newer vehicle later on....
-the TL will eventually become a "winter beater"
-hopefully by then you will have enough coin to buy something newer
I mean I'm not looking to recover the entire costs of the vehicle and maintenance. I'm pretty aware of the market and the overall loss I'd be taking. I think I'd be expecting around $13-14K USD for the car if I were to part with it. I mean to be honest, if I can figure out the storage situation for having three vehicles, I would be fine because I absolutely can't have 3 cars at home at once.

• 1) Dom is the man...he gets back to you immediately...I messaged him 3 years later after getting the car back and we had a great exchange about how the family is doing and he told me he'd be glad to pick right back up where we left off when I had Hondata on it last time. I love him...and he did like 10 revisions and listened to my bullshit trying to chase down a bad ground and always got back to me quickly once I gave him a datalog.

2) I didn't want rasp so I swapped from cracked PCD to HFPC (Richie actually took the cracked ones back and let me just pay the difference to upgrade) back in 2016. I have personally seen the substrate is completely gone
    for myself on my own car I bought back.

I tried swapping J pipe for stock to see if it stopped this raspy sound I heard...not only did it not...it felt SLOWWWW J pipe is a must.
  • Wow that's crazy! Seems like a very stand-up guy. Yeah the PCD rasp/smell/soot is just way too much for me. Sure maybe the car really opens up and allows for +300whp but not worth it to me. I had no idea that the j-pipe actually allows for a noticeable gain as such. Perhaps I'lll jump on it this spring/early summer. Appreciate all the tips gentlemen.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:08 AM

I used to care.
Now I realize...
it's all about how the car feels to drive.
My TL feels light on it's feet...a real pleasure.
mtiaz (04-20-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 11:19 AM
Safety Car

From my research, it's more of an autocross/track application - on the daily side very marginally improved compliance. Is this guy on the forums or operates through a particular website? That's great to hear support like that still exists for our vehicles. I'm definitely going to bump the Hondata a little further up the list. Yeah I definitely think the car needs more bottom-end torque so its good to hear that'll help. Does the j-pipe make the car much more louder or is it relatively tame? Not looking to increase cabin noise significantly.
he just does this on the side so he doesn't have any website or anything, just an email. let me know if you need it.
the jpipe has little to no effect on sound, just some good performance feel

get the flashpro! haha
mtiaz (04-20-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Pro

Little update for the TL - ended up swapping out the 25mm H&R's with 20mm from P2M. I was actually planning on getting Ichiba like many of the members on here but the shop I was ordering from said that Ichiba wasn't replying to them regarding shipments for about 6 weeks straight and suggested this alternative. It seems this brand is popular among the Nissan S13/S14/S15 crowd so I went with it. Very high quality spacers, nicely finished and the ride hasn't changed from the H&R's. Also installed SPC rear camber arms to get my alignment all sorted in the rear and ended up dropping the vehicle again back to the desired height. I may lower it a tad more perhaps in the coming weeks since clearance seems good. Still waiting on the progress rear sway bar to come in to have that installed. Couple of shots from a drive tonight! Don't mind the wheel with the missing Acura symbol lol fell off during a drive I think. If anyone has aspec centre caps laying around let me know.

Midnight Mystery (07-01-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 09:57 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Looks great!
mtiaz (06-13-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 10:09 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Looks great!
thanks man!
Old 06-14-2020, 06:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 648 Likes on 349 Posts
WDP is my favorite color Type-S!
The following 2 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
Midnight Mystery (07-01-2020), mtiaz (06-14-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 09:25 PM
Pro

A little TL on film! Bit of a side hobby of mine. Shots are on Portra 400/Gold 200.

Midnight Mystery (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 06:23 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
That whip looks VIP!
mtiaz (07-02-2020)
Old 04-25-2022, 09:22 PM
Pro

the day has come... After 7 amazing years of ownership, I've finally parted ways with the TL-S. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me since I joined this community. It is by far one of the friendliest and most helpful forums I've every experienced. A lot of you saved me a ton of money and have taught me how to properly take care of a special machine. I'm definitely going to be kicking myself in the nuts down the road for selling this, but sometimes you have to make a decision with things. I've been a little absent from the forums ever since work became crazy, but nonetheless I'm thankful.

anyways, the past two years I've had a 2020 S4 and 2021 S5 Coupe as a daily with the TL-S, but the car that made me decide to sell the TL-S was my current 2015 S4 6MT and the fact I want to make space for potentially an M3 F30 with a stick. Amazing car and one that I've coveted for a while. It's Sepang Blue on Lunar Silver interior with only 90,000km on it. Currently Unitronic Stage 1+ tuned, solowerks coilovers, Integrated Engineering intake and some S5 19x9 "Peeler" style wheels for an aggressive stance with an OEM look.

I really hope one day I circle back into an Acura though.

Here's some more recent photos of the TL-S until I sold it as long as my current daily.

Last edited by mtiaz; 04-25-2022 at 09:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mtiaz:
CLtotheTL32 (05-10-2022), rockstar143 (04-28-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 06:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
sad to see her go but trust me you will be back for more lol. Nice S4 tho, I like the S4 better than S5.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:06 PM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts
That S4 is

Congrats on the new pickup!

When I trade in my TL-S, It'll likely be for a S4 or S5 Sportback.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:27 AM

@mtiaz Congrats, man!
Ironic as fuck...after selling my TL-S for a second time last year...get this...
I end up with TWO B8.5...a volcano DSG S4 and a Lunar interior moonlight blue 6MT...
after a year and being tired of having a payment on the Suburban my wife to be convinced me to sell off the
6MT S5...and guess what the guy shows up in to take a look at it...a 2004 clean title clean carfax OG paint and
well maintained aspec 6MT TL. He wanted a couple grand knocked off the price and I came home with ANOTHER 3G.

At times I miss the 6MT paired with the 3.0T (I was stage 2 EPL single pulley on both).
I wasn't willing to part with the damn Volcano though and the DSG is VERY good for a NOT manual but not really auto either.
She drives it most of the time and it's set up for bikes and paddleboard adventures...has the comfort key etc....plus it netted me all my cars being paid off
so I don't regret it. If I found another Volcano in manual I MIGHT contemplate selling to move over but it can't be "I KNOW WHAT I HAVE"
pricing.

Midnight Mystery (04-29-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 02:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by truonghthe
sad to see her go but trust me you will be back for more lol. Nice S4 tho, I like the S4 better than S5.
thanks man! honestly, if I had the garage space, I would've kept the TL-S. Down the road if I ever see a low mileage clean one, maybe I'd like to hop back into it.
Originally Posted by M.I.N.O.
That S4 is

Congrats on the new pickup!

When I trade in my TL-S, It'll likely be for a S4 or S5 Sportback.
Appreciate it! The B9's are fantastic daily drivers. Tons of tech, really refined and pretty quick too. I kinda miss my S5 cause it just looked straight mean.

@mtiaz Congrats, man!
Ironic as fuck...after selling my TL-S for a second time last year...get this...
I end up with TWO B8.5...a volcano DSG S4 and a Lunar interior moonlight blue 6MT...
after a year and being tired of having a payment on the Suburban my wife to be convinced me to sell off the
6MT S5...and guess what the guy shows up in to take a look at it...a 2004 clean title clean carfax OG paint and
well maintained aspec 6MT TL. He wanted a couple grand knocked off the price and I came home with ANOTHER 3G.

At times I miss the 6MT paired with the 3.0T (I was stage 2 EPL single pulley on both).
I wasn't willing to part with the damn Volcano though and the DSG is VERY good for a NOT manual but not really auto either.
She drives it most of the time and it's set up for bikes and paddleboard adventures...has the comfort key etc....plus it netted me all my cars being paid off
so I don't regret it. If I found another Volcano in manual I MIGHT contemplate selling to move over but it can't be "I KNOW WHAT I HAVE"
pricing.
Hahah no way! That's too funny. The DSG's in those cars are fantastic automatics. I think I've lost count after all these years, but how many 3G TL's have you had so far? I'm definitely still bummy about letting the car go but the also the money was very good lol. I just hope the owner doesn't fuck it up after all the work I did to it.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:24 AM

If it's an enthusiast...he won't.
I have had my black TL...the Blue one twice and now this one.

Quick Reply: Type-S is finally home!