Type-S is finally home!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
thank you kindly...i'm kinda jaded at this point though, I try not to spend any additional money on her.
Yeah it's been quite a long project & its seen many phases. On the other hand I'm just on the start of my TL! Plus you got the S2k. I sometimes think about how it would be if I bit the bullet on an S2K I looked at instead... lol
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (09-25-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Do you have any pics of the 2500k Drl's?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by mtiaz
I'm at a lost atm, its so damn confusing especially with the fitment issues of the base lip that I have realized. Regardless I'm going to have re-paint my front (even though I only have 2 stone-chips....) & rear bumper so that the lip will match up. I'm torn between the two lips. On one hand the base lip is very subtle & would go very well with the OEM+ route I plan to go with the car but I don't know how much it would cost to mold the lip because I'm not sure I would be able to live with the gap. On the other hand the Type-S lip used to be a bit much for me but it has grown on me alot plus its a direct installation with perfect fit & looks really nice once the car is lowered & has spacers (on stock waffles anyways). I'll be making my decision probably by the end of spring. Have you decided on which way you want to go yet?
haha i'm in the exact same boat. i've owned the car since 4 miles (original owner), and i've never bought the aspec kit because i think it has the worst mismatch with the kit out of all the colors. but i love the aggressive, lowered look it gives. so now that i ran out of mods to do, i would love to do this one haha. i have always been set on the base lip, but now i see there are more issues than expected and it would both me if it didn't fit right. i think i'm leaning more towards the type s lip now.

i don't want to repaint or mold because of the extra cost. i have TONS of scrapes on my front bumper from being low but doesn't really bother me. i'm actually considering changing my wheels and tire setup (along with a new suspension) to make my ride less harsh (for my wife), so extra money would go towards that instead of repainting/molding

i think i'm going to make my decision by showing my wife a picture of a slightly mismatched type s kit and ask her if i can buy it with the money i've made selling parts lately (sold about $600 in parts lately). if she says she hates how it looks, then i'll probably pass on the kit in general. this is one instance where i wish i had my car in a dark color, but this is the only time haha (unless it's kbp, that color has become my #1 over time ahead of wdp)
Old 09-25-2015, 11:20 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
she can't hate how it looks...it looks incredible.
I was meh as fk about the 3G when it replaced the 2...until I saw the NBP one I currently own with the aspec kit sitting on the showroom floor (bought off my stepdad)...
Aspec is without a doubt, a must...and if I had a type s...I'd get a type s aspec, as they intended.

About the mismatch...you know, after a while, you don't see it anymore and you're just happy it's perfectly imperfect and looks good from 15 feet away. The S2000 spoiler is off...the front lip is off...but overall, you'd likely not notice it if I didn't point it out and I guarantee you wouldn't like the look of the car without them more.

Hmmm...TL instead of S2000? Yeah...thats a smart and good move! BUT, now it's time to get the S2000 in addition to!

I actually can't drive my cars (much) with this knee surgery I just had...I'm itching, especially the little topless number.
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
mtiaz (09-27-2015), sockr1 (09-25-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by nismotypeS
Do you have any pics of the 2500k Drl's?
Haven't had the time to get pictures of them but I will post them up soon

Originally Posted by sockr1
haha i'm in the exact same boat. i've owned the car since 4 miles (original owner), and i've never bought the aspec kit because i think it has the worst mismatch with the kit out of all the colors. but i love the aggressive, lowered look it gives. so now that i ran out of mods to do, i would love to do this one haha. i have always been set on the base lip, but now i see there are more issues than expected and it would both me if it didn't fit right. i think i'm leaning more towards the type s lip now.

i don't want to repaint or mold because of the extra cost. i have TONS of scrapes on my front bumper from being low but doesn't really bother me. i'm actually considering changing my wheels and tire setup (along with a new suspension) to make my ride less harsh (for my wife), so extra money would go towards that instead of repainting/molding

i think i'm going to make my decision by showing my wife a picture of a slightly mismatched type s kit and ask her if i can buy it with the money i've made selling parts lately (sold about $600 in parts lately). if she says she hates how it looks, then i'll probably pass on the kit in general. this is one instance where i wish i had my car in a dark color, but this is the only time haha (unless it's kbp, that color has become my #1 over time ahead of wdp)
The only reason why I started thinking about the a-spec kit is because my front bumper has a couple of scrapes from the previous owner & because I rocked my driver side skirt couple months ago. I might go ahead & see how just putting a-spec skirts on will look on the car. If I end up passing on the kit I'll probably be moving onto a full exhaust (ATLP) and suspension upgrades

she can't hate how it looks...it looks incredible.
I was meh as fk about the 3G when it replaced the 2...until I saw the NBP one I currently own with the aspec kit sitting on the showroom floor (bought off my stepdad)...
Aspec is without a doubt, a must...and if I had a type s...I'd get a type s aspec, as they intended.

About the mismatch...you know, after a while, you don't see it anymore and you're just happy it's perfectly imperfect and looks good from 15 feet away. The S2000 spoiler is off...the front lip is off...but overall, you'd likely not notice it if I didn't point it out and I guarantee you wouldn't like the look of the car without them more.

Hmmm...TL instead of S2000? Yeah...thats a smart and good move! BUT, now it's time to get the S2000 in addition to!

I actually can't drive my cars (much) with this knee surgery I just had...I'm itching, especially the little topless number.
I guess you're right, most people only noticed the mismatch when I pointed it out with a light. I have zero buyers remorse from buying the TL-S. At this point in my life & with my budget and constraints it was probably the best decision I could make. I wish I could get an S2000 but I'm still a student so I'll have to wait a couple more years. Until then only one car for me.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
my goal is to get a s2k in the next 5 years. we will see how that goes as I'm still a student as well LOL
Old 09-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Oh Sickest TL
my goal is to get a s2k in the next 5 years. we will see how that goes as I'm still a student as well LOL
I would really like an AP2 in GPW. I had a coworker who had an S2000 who loved it & spoke very highly of it so it got me thinking about S2k's when I was on my car hunt but it just didn't make sense to DD an S2k. I think the route where I'm going is that I just want a RWD vehicle in general. But I think no matter what I will always have my TL-S for a very long time & it will stay as long as I can keep her
Old 09-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Jeff

You and I think alike lol. No way in hell would I drive a S2K in the winter and my TL is a seasonal car as well and Ill have my TL for a long time with the money I've put into it lol... Im looking at buying a cheap 02-03 Acura EL to rip around in during the winter and early spring.

My buddys dad just bought a GPW AP2 and what a machine that is!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new car, wont be disappointed!
mtiaz (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Pro

You and I think alike lol. No way in hell would I drive a S2K in the winter and my TL is a seasonal car as well and Ill have my TL for a long time with the money I've put into it lol... Im looking at buying a cheap 02-03 Acura EL to rip around in during the winter and early spring.

My buddys dad just bought a GPW AP2 and what a machine that is!
Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone would think I'm a total schmuck for driving that in the winter haha. See I don't think I could personally drive a "winter beater" because I'm to accustomed to being in a nice car. If I ever had to buy a winter beater I think it would definitely be a Toyota 4Runner because of the stone dead reliability of them & the fact you could just power through whatever snow storm you encounter & have some fun while you're at it
Old 09-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Jeff

I'm on the fence between acura el or a 03 CR-V for a winter unit
Old 09-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Pro

I'm on the fence between acura el or a 03 CR-V for a winter unit
'03 CR-V with a 5spd would be tons of fun
Old 09-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
^^^^ .....and helpful for Winter/Snow.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^^ .....and helpful for Winter/Snow.
oh yeah its safe too, if that's important to you
Old 09-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Pro

Here are some shots of the Nokya 2500k DRL's I installed the other week. Nothing special in terms of progress but for the one who asked, here it is:
Attached Thumbnails Type-S is finally home!-img_3886.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-img_3891.jpg  
Old 09-30-2015, 07:03 PM

I'm a huge fan of amber so yellow ain't too shabby.

Have you considered IJDM toy led module...then some amber plasma led?
that's what I'm running and couldn't be happier.

same ambers in the fogs in the bumper
DSC_9496 by rock star, on Flickr
Old 09-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Jason

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

DSC_9496 by rock star, on Flickr
Damn she looks good!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Pro

First of all, I'm in love with your amber theme going on

Here's my concern, I'm not familiar at all with LED's and I'm not that much of a handy person when it comes to electronics. Are those LED's plug'n'play or does it require some modification to something?

I'm want to run yellow fogs too but haven't really shopped around for em
rockstar143 (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 07:40 PM

thanks, brother...
if you're okay with YELLOW rather than AMBER
then keep it simple and get the matching H11 Nokya yellow for your fogs (IIRC, check the bulb)

Because you have a newer TL with DRL functionality, all you need is the module that is plug and play to give full power to an LED bulb.

If you go LED it opens up ALL the color options that are available in LED.

My particular LED's are Putco brand from amazon...plasma LED.

No need to be too handy, read directions, plug shit in, and then enjoy...we all learn that way!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Pro

thanks, brother...
if you're okay with YELLOW rather than AMBER
then keep it simple and get the matching H11 Nokya yellow for your fogs (IIRC, check the bulb)

Because you have a newer TL with DRL functionality, all you need is the module that is plug and play to give full power to an LED bulb.

If you go LED it opens up ALL the color options that are available in LED.

My particular LED's are Putco brand from amazon...plasma LED.

No need to be too handy, read directions, plug shit in, and then enjoy...we all learn that way!
I love ze amber, its a very under-rated setup IMO but since I already bought yellow DRL's might as well go with it all the way & see how long it does it for me. I looked at PIAA yellow fogs on tirerack & they don't seem to shabby.

Those modules require connecting shit to the battery & finding a place to set the harness right? I'm very scared in screwing things up

I'll probably just creep various threads, including yours until I work up the courage to get them LOL.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Jeff

u need i jdmtoy module with r3 decoder. as far as installing it, if I can do it then you can do it haha. LED DRL'S are the way to go !
Old 09-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Pro

u need i jdmtoy module with r3 decoder. as far as installing it, if I can do it then you can do it haha. LED DRL'S are the way to go !
sweet, now you cut the work to find what i need if I ever go LED DRL. In terms of LED's though, I was thinking of going LED in the front & rear turn signals & maybe license plate bulbs. For the inside go along with sock1r's theme of the red LED's which look really nice with the Type-S.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:14 PM

LED signals is more complex...
then you'll either need resistors or to modify the lighting board...

Old 09-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Pro

LED signals is more complex...
then you'll either need resistors or to modify the lighting board...

Well fuck thanks for killing my buzz man... Joking
I'll just not do that then unless I find a buddy who knows how to.

When I look back to my builds progress sheet that I made when I bought the car only two of them were actually light related & now I might have to add a couple more
Old 09-30-2015, 10:24 PM

honestly, if you wanna keep it simple...stick with halogen...
I did with my 2nd S2000 and I don't regret it.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Pro

honestly, if you wanna keep it simple...stick with halogen...
I did with my 2nd S2000 and I don't regret it.
I'll keep it simple I suppose & not break my head. If I'm being truly honest, it took me little over an hour to do both of my DRL's. I couldn't get it in the hole (lol) & couldn't see shit so I was just guessing until all three pins clicked in properly
Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 AM

that still happens to me...kinda...I try and remember bulb orientation at least...but my hands always get cut up.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Pro

Since cold-weather is approaching, I decided to pay my old workplace a visit & give the car a really good scrub down from the wheel wells, suspension components, underneath the vehicle, wheels & the carpet mats before they go in for storage. Pretty much the whole 9 yards on this vehicle. As for updates the car hasn't seen much other than maintenance things & a set of OEM Acura all-season mats courtesy of oemacuraparts. On the way home went for a quick cruise & decided to snag a couple of shots before the bad weather comes around.

I just keep falling in love with this vehicle over & over again. I find myself excited to go for a drive on my daily commute & whenever I need to go out. This car really is a gift that keeps on giving. I have absolutely zero buyers remorse with this vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails Type-S is finally home!-image1.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-image3.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-image4.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-image5.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-image6.jpg  

Type-S is finally home!-parktls.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-parktls2.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-woodstls.jpg   Type-S is finally home!-image2.jpg  
Old 10-10-2015, 07:59 PM

I can't say that blame you...that's one fine piece of automotive asssssss
Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Pro

I can't say that blame you...that's one fine piece of automotive asssssss
tf you looking at my girls ass for?

haha jokes aside, thanks mayne
rockstar143 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 08:29 PM

your fault for letting her wear that out in public

#daddyissues
Old 10-11-2015, 07:01 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Team Owner

Looks awesome.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Pro

your fault for letting her wear that out in public

#daddyissues
as long as you don't touch, its fine by me

Originally Posted by Nate_808
Very nice. Congrats.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Looks awesome.
Thanks Steven. Looking at your base lip keeps on tempting me more & more haha
Old 10-13-2015, 01:54 PM

I wouldn't touch, man...she's yours.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts
Car looks great!
mtiaz (10-13-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mtiaz
Thanks Steven. Looking at your base lip keeps on tempting me more & more haha

Old 10-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Pro

Picked up a sweet set of OEM 17" Waffles with TPMS sensors & Yokohoma S-Drive high-performance summer tires for with about 80-75% tread all around for $650. Three of the wheels have really light curb rash so I'd call this a steal. Initially started out as trying to find a set of TL wheels in general for winter-mode under $400 but when I saw these with these rubbers I decided to pick it up since I was having traction issues with my crappy brand-new Fuzions which the car was sold with, which I'll sell to make up the extra money spent on this set of wheels. Glad to have waffles for the winter

Sucks that the seller had his TL Type-S stolen a couple years ago though.

Now all that is left is to pick up 3 Toyo Garit KX winters & slap them on one of the sets of waffles.

Last edited by mtiaz; 10-25-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Team Owner

^^^^ Sweet.
mtiaz (11-01-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
wow 650 is definitely a steal!

congrats

Quick Reply: Type-S is finally home!