Sooooo it's been a while...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
Sooooo it's been a while...

...since I have posted pics!

I know I don't have the sweetest ride on here, but I like to post some pics every once in a while.

I know I need to drop the thing and I need different tires (245/35/20's are WAY too big), but I am a college student working at a bowling alley and saving up to get an apartment over the summer...I have priorities.

My friend just got a 2000 BMW 323i, so him and I got together and just took some random pics. I am no skilled photographer and I don't have a fancy camera, but it's still fun.

It snowed here in NC last month and I snapped a few pics of that also just for the hell of it.

Comments good and bad...just post em up! I have no problem with constructive criticism. Just don't be an ass.

LESS TALK, MORE PICSSS....

The cribbb...

Down the street....

Dad's 05 G35x. He left it outside because going to work that morning was a possibility.

MOOSE!

8000K HID...dirty car + iPhone pic

8000K HID once again...dirty car + iPhone pic

Before bumper inserts....

After!....

I got my front turnsignal tint overlays from http://www.grafixpressions.com/vehicle.shtml and they were a breeze to install...especially considering I had no idea what I was doing. Just click on that link and keep scrolling down...they will be there.

As for the ACURA front bumper letters check out this link...http://www.veneerzstore.com/store/p/...ts-5-Pcs-.html

....got em in a week and were even easier than the tint overlays to do! You can choose from a whole shit load of colors and I think it adds just a little something to your car. I got mine black and with shipping and everything, they were $19.83.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
nice start man. you are ahead of me thats for sure. I am saving up for rims and I am hoping I get a good tax return cuz the motherfuckers are taking too much haha nice ride
Old 02-11-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by myron
nice start man. you are ahead of me thats for sure. I am saving up for rims and I am hoping I get a good tax return cuz the motherfuckers are taking too much haha nice ride

Thanks man, I appreciate it. And hell yea I hear ya on the tax return. I'm putting mine right into savings considering I have pretty much nothing haha.

What plans do you have for your car so far? What type of rims and all of that?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM
DuDeChEwY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great lookin car....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by dudechewy
great lookin car....
Thanks! If I had the money, I would have much much more done, but I just can't afford it as of now.

Your car is simply amazing.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Thanks man, I appreciate it. And hell yea I hear ya on the tax return. I'm putting mine right into savings considering I have pretty much nothing haha.

What plans do you have for your car so far? What type of rims and all of that?
I am looking to get Axis Penta 19x8.5. I think they will go nice with my SSM and I am getting some progress springs 1.4i"ish drop in a week or two. And I tihnk thats gonna be it. I am still paying the car off ($10 000 left), got into a car accident with my 99 (expensive repair), school (10 000$ left). YEP I am fucked hahaha
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 PM

I am looking to get Axis Penta 19x8.5. I think they will go nice with my SSM and I am getting some progress springs 1.4i"ish drop in a week or two. And I tihnk thats gonna be it. I am still paying the car off ($10 000 left), got into a car accident with my 99 (expensive repair), school (10 000$ left). YEP I am fucked hahaha
I just looked up those wheels and I think they will look great! I want to drop mine so badly . I was going to man up and break the bank and get some Megans, and over and over again I hear that it's worth it, esp for Megans, but I hate being broke. I owe plenty of money just like you, and I hate owing people money. I'm sorry to hear about your wreck! What happened? What kind of car? Just do what you can do. Rims was the huge thing for me and now I'm just doing little things when I can. I would highly suggest de-badging it, headlight overlays, and the ACURA letters on the front bumper. They are all little and inexpensive things that set it apart from others. I did all 3 of those by myself and I am highly proud because I honestly had no idea what I was doing on all of them hahaha

Last edited by CLtotheTL32; 02-11-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Lookin good man, nice work so far, you def need a drop. Sorry had to say it I need one too lol

I am tryin to make some progress on my car also hehe. Finally got my headlights cleared, brembos are goin on and new rims hopefully on this weekend! Then I will post pics and everyone will say I need a drop also lol
Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
lower it.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

Originally Posted by blazing gt
lower it.
slam that shit with madd negative camber....
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Suzuka Master

I just looked up those wheels and I think they will look great! I want to drop mine so badly . I was going to man up and break the bank and get some Megans, and over and over again I hear that it's worth it, esp for Megans, but I hate being broke. I owe plenty of money just like you, and I hate owing people money. I'm sorry to hear about your wreck! What happened? What kind of car? Just do what you can do. Rims was the huge thing for me and now I'm just doing little things when I can. I would highly suggest de-badging it, headlight overlays, and the ACURA letters on the front bumper. They are all little and inexpensive things that set it apart from others. I did all 3 of those by myself and I am highly proud because I honestly had no idea what I was doing on all of them hahaha
Oh I crashed my 99TL in december. It was icy and i couldn't stop. It was either rear end someone or go under a huge truck (possible death). I rear ended a car that hit another car so now I will be getting raped by the insurance.
I was thinking about clearing my headlights this summer but I am scared to do it. If I find a spare set somewhere then I may do it. I also want base 07-08 tails and then put a grey (not too dark black) overlay over them so the clear part can somewhat match the SSM and flow better with the type-s side markers I wanna get. Also the bumper lettering inserts seem nice so maybe i get those too.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
Lookin good man, nice work so far, you def need a drop. Sorry had to say it I need one too lol

I am tryin to make some progress on my car also hehe. Finally got my headlights cleared, brembos are goin on and new rims hopefully on this weekend! Then I will post pics and everyone will say I need a drop also lol
Haha I knew somebody would say it, it's all good though. I totally agree.

and damn it sounds like you are moving along nicely! When will pics be up? What kind of rims did you end up going with?

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
lower it.
All in time. I'm pretty much broke haha

Originally Posted by ssmtl2nv
slam that shit with madd negative camber....
I really want to. I planned on getting Megans and dropping the bitch like hell, but some shit came up that dried out my bank account, so I'm working full time and going to school full time trying to get my cash flow started again. Air runners are always a possibility

Oh I crashed my 99TL in december. It was icy and i couldn't stop. It was either rear end someone or go under a huge truck (possible death). I rear ended a car that hit another car so now I will be getting raped by the insurance.
I was thinking about clearing my headlights this summer but I am scared to do it. If I find a spare set somewhere then I may do it. I also want base 07-08 tails and then put a grey (not too dark black) overlay over them so the clear part can somewhat match the SSM and flow better with the type-s side markers I wanna get. Also the bumper lettering inserts seem nice so maybe i get those too.
Ah man I'm sorry to hear! That's a bummer for sure. You made the right decision by hitting the other car (as bad as that sounds). I'm glad you are okay! I would rather have a car get horribly screwed up than hear about somebody getting seriously injured. I feel the exact same way about my headlights. I've watched just about every video on it and looked at everything in the 3G garage about doing it, but knowing me, I'll screw something up and it will cost big bucks to fix my mistakes. I'm trying to go with the all black and white theme on my car, so I would prob black mine out. Your tail light idea sounds great! I think it would look great with the car. I loveeeee love love love my bumper inserts on the front. It adds a little something to the car and people really do notice it. My girlfriend and her mom even noticed it and them to notice something that small on a car is really amazing haha
Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

what % are those?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by noxfr0st
what % are those?
Both my TL and my friend's 323i have 35% all around. His tint is mad old, so it's starting to lighten up a little. Of course I wanted some dark ass shit like 5% or whatever, but I didn't want to deal with getting pulled for it. Cops around here are cracking down like hell on tint. I've gotten pulled twice for it haha, I guess everytime they see a car with tinted windows they want to make sure that it's nothing illegal, even though you can clearly tell mine is legal
Old 02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Haha I knew somebody would say it, it's all good though. I totally agree.

and damn it sounds like you are moving along nicely! When will pics be up? What kind of rims did you end up going with?
I got some pics in the cardomain link in my sig but those are already outdated. Should get some new pics this weekend or sometime next week. The wheels I bought like 3 weeks after I bought the car and they have been sitting in my house for like 2 months already lol. Driving me nuts but they should be on tomorrow I got Volk GT-V 19x8.5 and 19x9.5.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
get some AC-right

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where u go to school at...im in fayetteville...not too far from Cary if im not mistaken!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
I got some pics in the cardomain link in my sig but those are already outdated. Should get some new pics this weekend or sometime next week. The wheels I bought like 3 weeks after I bought the car and they have been sitting in my house for like 2 months already lol. Driving me nuts but they should be on tomorrow I got Volk GT-V 19x8.5 and 19x9.5.
You are killing me man...how are you going to let them just sit in your house? Haha. It's all good. When do you plan on putting them on? Great choice on the wheels

Originally Posted by jizzleman
where u go to school at...im in fayetteville...not too far from Cary if im not mistaken!
I'm at Wake Tech unfortunantly. I went to ECU my first year, but my mom lost her job over the summer, and going back down there wasn't worth the extra money and loans and shit, so I moved back home and going to WACK tech. I really don't like it. It's like high school +1. I think Fayetteville is about an hour and a half away from Cary. I've never been down there.