Should I lease new 07 Type-S TL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I lease new 07 Type-S TL?

I leased my 05 Acura TL 5AT with 4500 down with 362/month. Right now, the current mileage on it is 47k. I went to Acura dealer today to figure out the trading value for my 05 TL. Well, they talked to me into buy 07 Type-S TL. We talked over an hour sitting and discussing our deals, and finally came up with something..... They gave me a deal of 36months lease,$4000down payment, 400/month, and they would clear off all the negatives that I need to pay for 05 TL. Should I take the deal or not?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wrong section, but IMHO leasing is a total waste of money. That's just my point of view though. You are 25 obviously like the TL so why not just buy it? How much will you be upside down if you buy it out right?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Wrong section, but IMHO leasing is a total waste of money. That's just my point of view though. You are 25 obviously like the TL so why not just buy it? How much will you be upside down if you buy it out right?
well......if i buy it then my payment would be lot more. I don't drive a lot so....lease is good deal for me
Old 06-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say go for it.
The payments are a few dollars more so if you can manage it I say go for it especially if you like the car. If not then I say look around until you find something that'll suit you.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pizza4Everyone
well......if i buy it then my payment would be lot more. I don't drive a lot so....lease is good deal for me

Leasing is like renting yet you don't have a landlord to fix shit for you. So why lease spend money to fix it if something breaks and the warranty doesn't cover it only to have fixed it for them. Not only that most people usually lose their ass when they end up leasing. It's kewl if you are a company and writing it off. I would say buy it if you like it or get into something you can afford. It seems like you like the car and will probably keep it for awhile right? I dunno just doesn't make any sense to me to lease. But it's your money and you do as you please. Good luck no matter what your decision is.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 AM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Leasing is like renting yet you don't have a landlord to fix shit for you. So why lease spend money to fix it if something breaks and the warranty doesn't cover it only to have fixed it for them. Not only that most people usually lose their ass when they end up leasing. It's kewl if you are a company and writing it off. I would say buy it if you like it or get into something you can afford. It seems like you like the car and will probably keep it for awhile right? I dunno just doesn't make any sense to me to lease. But it's your money and you do as you please. Good luck no matter what your decision is.
I'm not going to get into a lease vs. buy conversation but both have their merits based on how the owner is going to use the vehicle. I personally told myself that I would never lease and after weighing out each option I will pick up my leased 07 NBP TL-S with full A-Spec this weekend.

Why? Well, let's see:

1. I have a daily driver and I will not put that many miles on the TL-S.

2. I am not sure I want the car for more than 3 years at which time I can own it at a rate that is still comparable to my current lease payment. A purchase payment would be at least $250 more per month based on my great credit. I would rather use that money for something else.

3. I am not paying all of the interest and equity upfront in hopes that I can make it up when I sell it later. I also do not want to pay all of the interest on a depreciating asset. I do not mind it on a home which over time will most likely appreciate in value.

4. Finally, I do not plan any permanent mods: only clearbra, wheels and possibly tint. All of these items can be removed if I decide to get rid of the car. In the meantime, I still get all of the benefits an owner gets including warranty items. Everyone has to pay for brakes, oil, coolant, tires, etc.

Enjoy your TL. I can't wait to get mine.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

I just traded in my 5AT TL today with 48k for 6MT Type-S TL. $4000 down with $399+tax monthly. The color I got was alabaster silver. I will update the picture soon. The dealer wanted my volk racing rims with the trading and I told 'em you can't have 'em