RRP w/Camel or WDP w/Parch /Pics??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question RRP w/Camel or WDP w/Parch /Pics??????

Hi -
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of a Redondo Red w/camel interior? or WDP w/parchment. I'm stuck between RRP w/camel and WDP w/parchment and trying to decide what color to choose! Are you all happy with your color? Do you find your particular color harder to keep clean? Thanks!
hopefully soon to be TL owner
Old 04-13-2004, 09:22 PM
kph
Certified Geek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheesehead,

You asked this over the weekend on the Camel Interior thread. I posted them for you on Saturday.

Here is a link:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=67

My TL is only two weeks old this evening (since I picked it up that is - about 10 days older from its build date). So far, I haven't had to try and clean the interior. I love the combination. You can see my wife's comments in the thread. I have parchment leather in my dark green 1998 Accord. I like the Camel better - but hey, if there is one thing that is subjective, it is color preference.

Enjoy!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:35 PM
10th Gear

I have the parchment on my RRP and love the look- everyone who gets in my car remarks on the combination- I looked at one that has camel at the dealership last week, and the darker interior color just doesn't make the exterior color "pop" like the parchment. :p
Old 04-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Intermediate

I have had my RRP/Camel/6spd/Navi for just over one month - I love it!

I receive tons of complements on the color - both exterior and interior. I owned a first Gen WDP - and it was a good color - but you have got to see RRP with a couple of coats of Zaino in the bright sun - wow.

Go with the RRP/Camel.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Bobz

Cool

Originally Posted by cheesehead
Hi -
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of a Redondo Red w/camel interior? or WDP w/parchment. I'm stuck between RRP w/camel and WDP w/parchment and trying to decide what color to choose! Are you all happy with your color? Do you find your particular color harder to keep clean? Thanks!
hopefully soon to be TL owner
We had our choice of parchment or camel with our Rendondo Red and chose parchment, since it seemed to highlight the woodtone accents in the vehicle and gave a more spacious feel than camel.However the Camel is also nice, if you like the darker, richer look. Both were much nicer than the ebony color which was on a Rendondo Red with nav.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Advanced

Kph

hey KPH-glad to see your car arrived!! I chatted with you on the "other" TL board back in February. Your car looks great!! I went with Parchment-and very happy. I was between Camel and Parchment but the dealer had a RR with Parchment on the manifest so I went with it. Great car, huh? Do you let your wife drive it? Will you Zaino the car or wax? I will Zaino mine-maybe as early as this weekend. I've had it for six weeks and no Zaino or wax on it yet-just a few washings. Have you had any problems?
I've had NONE. Hope you read this and enjoy the car!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Team WD Chaplain

Ask and ye shall receive.

WDP w/ Parchment. One word: class.

http://home.comcast.net/~mr_superlove/DSCN0630.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_superlove/DSCN0626.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_superlove/DSCN0637.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_superlove/DSCN0641.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_superlove/DSCN0642.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_superlove/DSCN0644.JPG
Old 04-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Oh yeah, Parchment is nice with White as well!! I'm really glad I have Parchment......nice photo's!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:30 PM
kph
Certified Geek

Msf2

Originally Posted by MSF2
hey KPH-glad to see your car arrived!! I chatted with you on the "other" TL board back in February. Your car looks great!! I went with Parchment-and very happy. I was between Camel and Parchment but the dealer had a RR with Parchment on the manifest so I went with it. Great car, huh? Do you let your wife drive it? Will you Zaino the car or wax? I will Zaino mine-maybe as early as this weekend. I've had it for six weeks and no Zaino or wax on it yet-just a few washings. Have you had any problems?
I've had NONE. Hope you read this and enjoy the car!
Hey MSF2 - Good to hear from you. I seem to remember you got yours towards mid-end of February. I picked mine up on March 30 - got just over 900 miles on it and have started to let myself occasionally open it up. Great fun!!

My wife drove it for the first time this evening - I offered several times before, but she was too nervous. My 17 year old daughter wants at it -- no way!!

So far, it has been pretty trouble free. I thought I had one rattle, but realized it was a garage door opener for my mom's place stuck in one of the closable compartments below the radio (don't want to take it out until I have had a chance to check that I programmed it OK into the homelink buttons). I occasionally get a squeek that is fixed by opening/closing the glove compartment, but otherwise no problem there. I do get the 1500RPM/55MPH vibration, though. My salesguy said that Acura hasn't solved that one yet, but to stay tuned.

Otherwise is has been great. I love it more each day I drive it. I love the music system - both DVD-A and XM. The Bluetooth phone works like a charm. Navi is slick. Couldn't be happier.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Cruisin'

Hey, TLRocks,

Do you have any pictures of your RRP w/parchment?! That is the combination I am looking at and would love to see some pictures!!!

Thanks,
Sam
Old 04-16-2004, 07:16 PM
10th Gear

Hey Sam- I went out just before the sun went down this evening and took a few pics of my car, but I don't know how to post them. Can anyone help me concerning this? I'll be glad to send them to you direct if you'll private message me your e-mail address.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the pics - wow looks great! Did you add the gold emblems yourself?
Cheesehead
Old 04-18-2004, 04:20 PM
BOOK EM

Here`s more WDP w/ Parchment and some add ons

http://www.pwolly.com/EBAY/Dan/car.htm
Old 04-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Advanced

Wow - great pics! I've heard painting your calipers is ultimately bad for your brakes - have you heard of this? I think they look awesome! How did you do it? How did you do the front grill? Really like that. Still haven't decided on the color.........but your pics are convincing
Cheesehead
Old 05-25-2004, 06:17 PM
10th Gear

What are the chances i'll ever see a RRP/Camel/6spd/Navi? I test drove a silver auto and told the dealer to give me a call if they ever get one in RRP/Camel/6spd or Auto/Navi or NonNavi. None of the dealers in the North East seem to have ANY Reds. I haven't even seen a Red on the road yet; I see tons of white, silver, and anthracite. Once in a while i'll see a blue.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Team WD Vice-President

Originally Posted by Jnk_Mail
What are the chances i'll ever see a RRP/Camel/6spd/Navi? I test drove a silver auto and told the dealer to give me a call if they ever get one in RRP/Camel/6spd or Auto/Navi or NonNavi. None of the dealers in the North East seem to have ANY Reds. I haven't even seen a Red on the road yet; I see tons of white, silver, and anthracite. Once in a while i'll see a blue.
I don't know if Bobby Rahal Acura still has a 6spd, but they did. (Mechanicsburg, PA )

Park Acura here in Akron, Ohio has a 5AT.

Spitzer Acura in McMurray, PA has a 5AT.

These are all Non-Navi, but the RRP w/Camel is out there. If you are interested have your ealer locate one and they can do a dealer trade.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:02 PM
10th Gear

Nice. How did you search so quickly?

Are there any services out there that will go through the hassle of locating, negotiating, and buying the car for me? I'm pretty much unwilling to spend the time and energy in the new car buying process; I just want someone to do it all for me and send me some papers to sign. Ideally, the car should be delivered to me but i'll go to the dealer to pick the car up if need arises.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Racer

I like the white with parchment interior. Wish there was one on the lots I looked at, oh well, not waiting another 9 weeks, *L*.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Team WD Vice-President

Originally Posted by Jnk_Mail
Nice. How did you search so quickly?

Are there any services out there that will go through the hassle of locating, negotiating, and buying the car for me? I'm pretty much unwilling to spend the time and energy in the new car buying process; I just want someone to do it all for me and send me some papers to sign. Ideally, the car should be delivered to me but i'll go to the dealer to pick the car up if need arises.
Just look up the acura dealers by state and search their inventory, or go on the acura site, build the TL, the click request dealer quote, fill out the info with real or bogus info, then you can check the dealers inventory. To get more dealers out of your area, put a different zip code in. For example no dealer in my area had the car I wanted, so I tried Detroits zip, looked through the dealers that poped up, and yep a dealer up there had the car I wanted.

I don't think there is a service that will do that. The easiest way to get the best price IMHO is to send out internet quotes. If you want to pay to have the car shipped, sometimes Rick Case Acura down in Florida is very competitive if I recall.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Racer

I really think that not many people get Camel as opposed to other colors in the TL becuse of the long term perdicaments. A camel color may be harder to sell when the car is used after five years. People would want the darker colors to hide imperfactions, stainns or whatever.

I actually got an Anth/Quarts/w nav. But boy I saw an Anth/Camel w/ nav at a dealer and I had to have it. The camel with the wood accents I think is awsome and the contrast from the anth to camel is also fantastic. That is the car that would have made me trully happy.

I had the deal written up for $500 under MSRP, everything was all set, and then they call me back telling me that there was something wrong with the lease or a really lame excuse. It just did not make sence to me. So I figured that same day they got someone to pay MSRP or higher so they had to let me go.

So I went to another dealer who had an anth/quarts/nave coming and executed a lease for $500 under MSRP in SOCal. I'm happy, but not Trully happy without that damn Camel color. Life goes on, and I will get over it.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It' s parchment, not camel, but you can't see it anyway.

Old 06-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Advanced

Nice Ride! I'm glad you're happy with the new TL. I was fortunate enough to get the Carmel. I love the color too. At Scottsdale Acura, they can't keep an inventory of the hot new TL.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Racer

I got wdp with parchment and I love it. the tl I tested in october had this combo. its the best combo I think. rrp with camel looks very nice and I had seen several at 2 dealers in connecticut but the rrp does not look as good in all light in at as many different angles as the wdp does. and since I will be trading it on on a lexus in 3 or less years its good to know that white is the second most popular color to silver for the current year for new cars. should make it neutral at least when trade in time comes.