Rear Spoiler Pics Please! Help me choose...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Future 07 TLS Team Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Rear Spoiler Pics Please! Help me choose...

Hey gang, my first post on this forum... hope I have some success.

I'm still shopping for my TL... I've got a few decisions to make... but one of them is which spoiler to put on. I think I'm leaning towards the wing spoiler... but I want some more pics to help me decide. None of the local dealers have any mounted on their TLs...

Also, for those that have them- what is your experience of them? Do you love it? How much of your rear view does it take out (I've read on some posts that there's already limited view out the rear... is that even more of an issue for you with the wing spoiler)?

I've spent some time searching for pics of the spoiler... but there are a ton of threads on here and I haven't found one that has too many pics of the rear spoilers all in one thread.

Do me a favor, help a guy out and show off your rear spoilers (I want to see both wing and lip).

Thanks a ton!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Turbo kit in the works!!!

Welcome to the board. Look at pics #3,4,& 5. It's a carbon fiber deck lid spoiler. Let me know what you think.
http://www.eight18.net/gallery2/album10
Old 03-08-2005, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the pics, nice shots of your ride! As for the spoiler... I'm definately more of the matched color school of thought, no offense.

I gotta tell ya though, I dig the SSM with the tinted windows (another choice I need to make, what percentage of tint... I'll search for that when time comes... which I hope to be shortly).

Sweet looking ride, thanks for taking the time to upload those pics!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:59 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 1nicetl
Welcome to the board. Look at pics #3,4,& 5. It's a carbon fiber deck lid spoiler. Let me know what you think.
http://www.eight18.net/gallery2/album10

Wow managed to fit 20 with the car lowered??? You must have rubbing issues dude. What size width tires did you go and how many inches did u lower the car to?? Very nice tho and love the carbon fibre lip spoiler.

LIP SPOILER is the way to go now a days!!! Wing spoiler is out!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by ed99
Wow managed to fit 20 with the car lowered??? You must have rubbing issues dude. What size width tires did you go and how many inches did u lower the car to?? Very nice tho and love the carbon fibre lip spoiler.

LIP SPOILER is the way to go now a days!!! Wing spoiler is out!!!
The only rubbing issues i have is the rear bodykit. It rubs just a little bit right were it bolts to the bumper on the bottom. I don't know how many inches it's dropped. I put the suspension on two sundays ago on stock wheels and when i put the wheels on this past friday we had to raise it up. I was tucking the stock wheels so i know it was pretty low. My guess would be about 2inches. The tires size are 245/35
Old 03-09-2005, 08:24 AM

Any more spoiler pics? Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller? Bueller??
Old 03-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the modified TL Gallery and ALL will be revealed. Anthracite and WDP both have extensive galleries that give you back to back examples (especially what THEMAINEVENT has done for the WDP TEAM with the sideshow you can run).

It's just a personal choice....you're either a wing guy or your not....Fortunately both options look great on the car!

I got the wing and you can see it in the rear view mirror but the back head rests are more of a problem since they are a solid piece (make sure you put them down when you take delivery).

Besides WHAT'S IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR IS NOT IMPORTANT
Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 PM
6th Gear

wing pics

I posted some pics of my car which has a wing spoiler. here is the link.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110790
Old 03-09-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SKIUL8R
Anthracite and WDP both have extensive galleries that give you back to back examples (especially what THEMAINEVENT has done for the WDP TEAM with the sideshow you can run).
I checked the Mods section... or at least I thought I did (here's where I went: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98639) But only saw like 3 or 4 of them in there (and the shots were not necessarily for showing off the spoilers)... being a newbie here... can I getcha to give me a link to the thread with the 'back to back' examples? That would be great!

I got the wing and you can see it in the rear view mirror but the back head rests are more of a problem since they are a solid piece (make sure you put them down when you take delivery).
Thanks for the tip! Will do.

Besides WHAT'S IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR IS NOT IMPORTANT
Amen Brotha!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaxflboy
I posted some pics of my car which has a wing spoiler. here is the link.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110790

Dude nice ride! Thanks for the pics!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

The MainEvEnt's site for WDP is http://www.teamelusive.com/gallery/WDP_TL She has put together a good collection. Make sure to do the slideshow.

and here are a couple more pics of mine....these are the fun decsions!!!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the pics SKIUL8R! That does look slick... your picks make the black look pretty damn cool as well.... don't make me second guess my choice of Anthracite, lol. My girlfriend and I were leaning towards the deck lid... but your pics make the wing look pretty great for sure (I'm noticing from the pics I've seen that I dig the way the wing looks from directly behind, or above... but from the side or below I'm not so certain...) I'm not being TOO nit-picky... What I really wish is that one of the local dealers had one of each... if I could see then live/in-person next to each other it would be a 3 minute decision.

Yes, ALL these decisions are way fun! My friends think I'm crazy, but I love to shop (it's the chic in me coming out) and I'm in NO rush at all (well... kinda... lol) I really do want to make sure I get the car exactly the way I want it... and there are few things as exciting as shopping for a TL!

Let's see... what's left to decide.... color of course (I'm leaning towards Anthracite with Quartz... although the Ebony is awfully sleek)... then the little stuff like splash guards and door edge protectors, trunk liner, etc (I think those are no- brainers... just need to decide if I get the dealer to put those on or buy them online cheaper and do it myself)... oh, and of course what percentage tinting (and again- dealer, or local shop)! LOL Any input is always appreciated.

This site is an AWESOME resource, I'm glad I found it. Helps a lot with all of these decisions... take in everyone's input and then choose for yourself. It's all great.

Hey, I noticed from your pics that you are here in Denver as well. Mind if I ask who you got your vehicle from? Did you get a good deal? Any tips/suggestions? From what I can tell we've got like 4 dealers to deal with, correct? Mile High, Courtesy, Boulder and Colorado Springs. I'm not so concerned about who I buy off of (I'll just have them bid against each other and the lowest price wins)... but I'm definately going to be picky about who I have it serviced through. Mile High is closest to me (I live and work in Capitol Hill). Any input you have would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the pic and the link!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:32 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 1nicetl
The only rubbing issues i have is the rear bodykit. It rubs just a little bit right were it bolts to the bumper on the bottom. I don't know how many inches it's dropped. I put the suspension on two sundays ago on stock wheels and when i put the wheels on this past friday we had to raise it up. I was tucking the stock wheels so i know it was pretty low. My guess would be about 2inches. The tires size are 245/35

Maybe if you went 235/35's it might clear rubbing.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

The MainEvEnt's site for WDP is http://www.teamelusive.com/gallery/WDP_TL She has put together a good collection. Make sure to do the slideshow.

how do i get my wdp acura on the team elusive website??
Old 03-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ed99
Maybe if you went 235/35's it might clear rubbing.
235 would be way to small. I'am just going to raise up the car in the back a little. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

how do i get my wdp acura on the team elusive website??

Personal Message TheMainEvEnT and I'm sure Erica can get your pics on the site