pics of my new TL type S open to suggestions?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
go to school....
Old 12-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 258 Posts
prob has a better car than the school principal!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man! I'm happy for ya - age aint sheeeeeeeeiiittt....

not that im too much older than you, but i would wait on performance - CAI at best- granted its not just the performance mods, its also self control - but ive gotten myself in trouble with the law quite a bit - some of it wasnt even my fault. I went from a 2.1 STOCK cavalier to my baby - and it took a while to get used to... get the looks first....

at 16, no girls are gonna be looking at your engine - well, MOST girls wont be looking at the engine. Get that thing played out and make em turn heads when you pull outta the parking lot.

also, dont piss people off (highschoolers are pricks these days - no offense, lol but i just got out about a year.5 ago)... ask winky - shes got a thread on here someone about getting egged/keyed etc - i almost had the same happen to me - but people in my town know bette now.

"they hear me before they see me, i got king kongz in da trunk"

actually i dont - i have 3 10 inch MTX and a 12 inch POLK... took em out and getting the custom fit in there this summer with an on/off switch. Tint the windows, debadge her and get that system pumpin.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol get a radar and tint. that's all i got so far =P
Old 12-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Instructor

and regarding tickets, i've gotten two for speeding and one for tints being too dark in the front. pretty gay. that's why i decided to get the radar. got a k40 + radar diffusers (however you spell it) for xmas =D. haha
Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Bello

well i bought a V1 not to long a ago ad believe me its saved me plenty of times. my friend and i were going down a bridge in miami when my radar went off. i stopped, he didn't. he got a warning for speeding and 6 tickets for each one his tints!! he had headlight,back lights, front windshield,and the rest of them tented below ligall limit he got in so much shit!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elkayem
I went with my friend's 335i before.

Twin turbo, all I could say to him was...well nothing, he's already long gone with that twin turbo putting down approx 280whp.

hey man, 280hp is def no ttheoutput on a 335i. If you guys arent aware of BMW, they underestimate their power ratings. A 335i Twin Turbo is said to be at 300hp. I have seen dynosheets of stock 335i's pull 337hp to the wheels. My dads M5 ( E39) when it was stock, pulled 425hp to the wheels.

i'm just saying, BMW is not one to be messed with. Audi's bitchass on the other hand......
Old 01-09-2008, 03:44 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking bout paint & Forza just ruined it for me pretty much .. I wouldn't advise a paint job that soon on the list .. Did you not get to choose the color ? Im assuming your influenced by your friends since you said you really liked the color then a while later you were talking about painting it .. Dude , you buy some NICE gold or bronze wheels, stock kit & some NICE suspension & your friends would shut the fuck up drop their jaw ! & you'll look like everyone else here LOL , cept your color isnt a very commonly modded color , so its cool .. Been there done that 10 times over .. Maybe once or if youve gotten your car into a stage where you know your gonna keep it & maybe show it or just keep it regardless, DONT PAINT IT ..

Originally Posted by whitetiger5
prob has a better car than the school principal!

LOL Guaranteed ! Yet he is in MIA MI , so i dunno ha ..

Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

I considered two-toning my TL but the idea was shot because if you're going to two-tone a car, it has to be done CORRECTLY! Or else, it might just look cheap, ricey, and stupid, IMO. However, if you plan on two-toning, I wouldn't just do mirrors spoiler...but...if you do, beware of the things you might hear.

But as everyone else said, nice color. Very rarely seen on here. Mod it right and it'll be sexy. Kit it out and then you'll have a better vision of the car. The kits on the TLs really have potential to change the whole car, aesthetically, especially with a nice drop.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Cruisin'

System upgrade

Not a lot of people have said much about upgrading the sound system because it's really not worth it. True, the system might not be that loud at 40 but the quality is very nice. If you've been to a live professional orchestra and then got in your car you will notice how close it is to being the real thing. Start buying DVD-A disc and you might find they sound really good and it will impress your friends when the sound moves around the cabin. You are young so you probably don’t listen to Mozart or music like that so of course you want to upgrade. If I really wanted to upgrade I would install Focal Utopia Series. One thing that many people upgrade first is the center channel, its relatively easy to do and wont cost a lot. Hope that helps.

As for driving crazy and speeding, bin there done that, have the scars and broken bones to prove it. Totaled two sport bikes and one 5.0 Mustang, crashed motorcycles many times over, and driven on Alligator Alley close to 200mph. It was all fun at the time so I thought. Now its hard getting out of bed in the morning and playing sports.

If I was you I would in joy the car as stock. If I put all that time and money into it that would just give someone more of a reason to steal it. Take the money you would have spent on it and invest it. Invest for a happy retirement and buy a really nice car when your 40, maybe a Lambo, Tesla or what ever is out by then.

Good luck and drive safe.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 AM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

Talking

Originally Posted by speedy1991mia
Ilya
you sound a lil like my grandma
but thx for the advise believe me i care to much about this car to do any thing like that. the stupidest thing ive ever done was go 70 in a 35 and got a ticket. thank god the cop didnt show at court and all i got was a slap on the wrist(that was in my moms TLS) o and the slap on the wrist was from the law cause my parent they layed the smack down on me. the promblem is that im 16 in the state of fl im not allowed to race on official tracks and everything so for now on occasion i go on Biscayne. its a 4 lane wide road were people some times meet. and if im ever at a red and a semi decint car pulls up ill take a chance. ive only raced a mustange GT with catback exaught and a mitsubish lancer 08. mustange was a pretty close race until i hit 3 gear then i blasted his ass. you cant compare jap to american trany. lance was a good race but there was no finish my V1 pick an X band up i pulled back and the lancer was pulled over. i love the V1
but yeah im trying to be safe
That's too bad. He should be sounding a lot like your parent's.
Congrats on the car though. Love the color, I don't think I'll ever like the TL-S wheels though. Be careful with her, and watch those jealous angsty teenagers with keys.